• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] The north-Eastern Legions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, Since I only made the Prologue for a new campaign, I think Its a good idea to upload it here. Opinion is appreciated, especially positive ones.
Story

You are the Commander of The Alliance, (Human Race) Who has pledged Peace all over The world of Azeroth, with the Accompany of The Frost Legion, You swore your life to bring peace. However, 2 New Legions, The Void-Preachers (Undead) and The Mana Bearers (Night Elves) have swore to crush The Alliance and the Frost Legion.

Main Hero (The Main Hero Guy XD)
Valvius Frostwill, Commander of the Frost Will vowed to protect the Alliance pledged to destroy the Ethereal Evil, Panthora the Doombringer.

(Credits to the modelmakers as I used 75% of Models from here and Sorry I cant remember the model maker's names. ^^")

Attachments

• The Void-Preachers.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 93
Level 7
Hey!

As a prologue of a campaign I like it. Especially because you die in the first mission, that's rare!
It give another touch, because in any other campaign you always survive.

But please think about some of the things I thought about.

1. When the movie starts, the frost soldiers are very far away and it seems like it's impossible to hear them..
Move them a little bit closer to the main hero, looks more realistic.

2. In the cinametic before the last battle they just stand next to each other without doing anything.
Remember when they say: You will never beat me... NEVER!!! ?
As an example you could add the thunder clap effect to show their rage.

3. A few more objects and not only the same flat ground. If you add just a little you get just another feeling.
An empty map is getting boring fast, but if you have much to discover, people might play this twice to see anything.

Hope I could help!
Waiting to see more of your campaign! :)

Level 2
OK, Thanks for those suggestions, And Here is a couple of replies. XD
1. I planned to change the story and maybe place a Teleporter Nearby.
2. Yes, Ill Change the triggers, the first attempt, they attacked each other immediately and... poor Valvius died of Error. XD
3. I'd like to have another suggestion about the terrain, (Im terrible at terrain. Really. XD)
I will update the prologue Right now; I have lotsa free-time. :D

Level 7
Im terrible at terrain. Really. XD

I'm not well at it either, but after time I tried to create anything without cliffs, mixed the tileset on ground, added a few doodads and well it looked alot better than anything I made before.

Here this for example took around 5 minutes, no it's not really good.. but better than wc3 cliffs (in my opinion).

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Terrain2.jpg
    Terrain2.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.