• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The New Monk Class!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Monk model will be Peasant, obiviously!

Jokes besides, my only thought about how the skills could work(speaking about this Diablo 3 WC3 map now), would be that Monk uses one skill, and for like 2 seconds that skill is replaced by some other skill(this is the combo), and again for 2 seconds that skill is replaced with third skill, and if those skills are not used within the timelimit, the first skill resets back and you have to start over.

Strength will be in performing these combos fast enough(targetting new mob if first dies), because only the first skill wont do much alone. Second will do bit more, and third one is devastating. KabooW!

Also possiblity that after some skill is used, another comes available. For example, if you use the second-move combo, and instead unleashing the third one, you can instead use skill X that will do something else.

Just wanted to share my thoughts! CloudWolf and the team will probably have much better ideas, but still :p

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Diablo is not street fighter :sad:

Anyway, I really do hope Blizzard will get so many complaints that they actually consider withdrawing this outrage!

I support "thinking outside the box" and all. But this?! My god, Blizzard just raped Diablo. How can we just stand by and do nothing?!

Jesus christ, even the movie trailer had major flaws.. They just butchered the concept of the dark cultists for instance. Now they're suddenly a part of some mighty army :( instead of a secret dark, diabolic, demon-worshipping cult..

I'm disappointed :( I will not even recreate the Monk for D3:TFA...

My god :hohum:

Level 1

Anyway, I really do hope Blizzard will get so many complaints that they actually consider withdrawing this outrage!

I support "thinking outside the box" and all. But this?! My god, Blizzard just raped Diablo. How can we just stand by and do nothing?!

Jesus christ, even the movie trailer had major flaws.. They just butchered the concept of the dark cultists for instance. Now they're suddenly a part of some mighty army :( instead of a secret dark, diabolic, demon-worshipping cult..

I wish I could reach through my monitor, and slap you in the face for being so ridiculously arrogant.

Diablo is not street fighter, granted. However, it's one class that's going to be played like this, and what better class than a monk who fist fights... I mean, 2d fighter games really have it down when it comes to physical brawls (Street Figher, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros.), that emulating it into an rpg game will be perfect.

Or maybe you have a better idea on how this should work, neh?

It doesn't surprise me that you feel like this though. People are bound to be skeptical. I didn't mean to be such a bastard to you in this post... but it's just freakin ridiculous how stupid people can be about this kind of thing.

"OMG GUYS! BLIZZARD IS CHANGING DIABLO 3, AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BE LIKE DIABLO 2, AND OMG! ALL THE THINGS I LEARNED IN DIABLO 2 WON'T COPY OVER IT! THEY'RE RUINING MY GAME!"

It's amazing how people will freak out over an artist's decision to try something different.

Level 6
I wish I could reach through my monitor, and slap you in the face for being so ridiculously arrogant.

Diablo is not street fighter, granted. However, it's one class that's going to be played like this, and what better class than a monk who fist fights... I mean, 2d fighter games really have it down when it comes to physical brawls (Street Figher, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros.), that emulating it into an rpg game will be perfect.

Or maybe you have a better idea on how this should work, neh?

It doesn't surprise me that you feel like this though. People are bound to be skeptical. I didn't mean to be such a bastard to you in this post... but it's just freakin ridiculous how stupid people can be about this kind of thing.

"OMG GUYS! BLIZZARD IS CHANGING DIABLO 3, AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BE LIKE DIABLO 2, AND OMG! ALL THE THINGS I LEARNED IN DIABLO 2 WON'T COPY OVER IT! THEY'RE RUINING MY GAME!"

It's amazing how people will freak out over an artist's decision to try something different.

I support you man who cares diablo 3 looks like WoW or other games...

Level 2

ok, first off, what character would you like them to create? the sorc? or necro? or even paladin? im sorry but they have created everything before... what else will they create? blizzard wont get complaintes because the monk is a great idea. people will love playing as him i think you are they only person that thinks they ruined it.... so lighten up and relax, its not like you are being forced to play that character.

I support you man who cares diablo 3 looks like WoW or other games...

diablo 3 is not WoW, sure it may open up to an open environment, but that does not mean it is wow... there wont be guilds, there wont be 2 factions, there are no mounts, outlands, or lich king... it is an upgrade to the diablo universe, one that players have been looking forward to since diablo 1... you cant tell me that you really like the whole "closed in repetitiveness that is diablo 1 and 2" ... i mean, its the same thing ... over and over and over again. everyone needs to keep there mind open, diablo 3 is not turning into wow ... it is simply improving the game play so you dont do the same shit over and over and over again...

Level 6
diablo 3 is not WoW, sure it may open up to an open environment, but that does not mean it is wow... there wont be guilds, there wont be 2 factions, there are no mounts, outlands, or lich king... it is an upgrade to the diablo universe, one that players have been looking forward to since diablo 1... you cant tell me that you really like the whole "closed in repetitiveness that is diablo 1 and 2" ... i mean, its the same thing ... over and over and over again. everyone needs to keep there mind open, diablo 3 is not turning into wow ... it is simply improving the game play so you dont do the same shit over and over and over again...

On the official diablo 3 forum alot of people complaint and think it looks like wow and they are not gonna buy it etc...

Level 17
ok, first off, what character would you like them to create? the sorc? or necro? or even paladin? im sorry but they have created everything before... what else will they create? blizzard wont get complaintes because the monk is a great idea. people will love playing as him i think you are they only person that thinks they ruined it.... so lighten up and relax, its not like you are being forced to play that character.

First part, yeah. The Monk is a great class, i think it is awesome actually.
It remembers me of rogue :) You build up a combo with different attacks (in wow you save points to make an attack stronger) etc. And whats wrong with street fighter? :nw: I like street fighter.

And second part, i agree in everything but "wont be guilds". If im not wrong, blizzard hasnt announced that there wont be any guilds, and they said that they will make more posibilities for people/friends to play with each other, making it easier to play with each other. I think having a clan/guild would be a good way to accomplish that.

On the official diablo 3 forum alot of people complaint and think it looks like wow and they are not gonna buy it etc...
Ask them if they have some kind of issues with their eyes then.
Everything is still PURE diablo. if you dont agree, i dont know what...
I think that the games is totally different, the only things alike is that you level up a character. And ofc it will be a little similar becouse blizzard is making both of the games, but i would not complain, diablo 3 is pure epicness.

Level 6
Ask them if they have some kind of issues with their eyes then.
Everything is still PURE diablo. if you dont agree, i dont know what...
I think that the games is totally different, the only things alike is that you level up a character. And ofc it will be a little similar becouse blizzard is making both of the games, but i would not complain, diablo 3 is pure epicness.

Who said i dont agree? i just said some ppl complaint that monk is not good but i simply love it its my personal favorite and its the first class ill play...

Level 4

Agreed! Be open minded and dont do the same shit over and over again! +1 from me, buddy!

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
No they havn't. And actually they have already gotten lots of complaints.
And yes the idea of a monk is great, but the way they executed this was horrible. Most dissapointly it doesn't match the dark gothic fantasy theme which most Diablo fans have loved since the first Diablo game and lore-books.
If you care about the gothic concept of the Diablo history and lore, you will find this new addition most unsuitable. This new Monk class, could easily have been a street fighter character. It could have been done so much more dark & gothic in my oppinion. And I will create a concept drawing of how I think the Monk should have been like, to make an example.

I mean listen to this "Way of the Hundred Fists" :hohum: and just take a look at "Seven-Sided Strike". Even though it looks cool (again manga was the first to come up with the sudden-teleportish strike effect). It just ain't fitting for the Diablo universe...

I'm not saying that the Monk isn't awesome. I think the artists did a great job. But it doesn't fit the Diablo universe!

Level 21
And yes the idea of a monk is great, but the way they executed this was horrible. Most dissapointly it doesn't match the dark gothic fantasy theme which most Diablo fans have loved since the first Diablo game and lore-books.
If you care about the gothic concept of the Diablo history and lore, you will find this new addition most unsuitable. This new Monk class, could easily have been a street fighter character. It could have been done so much more dark & gothic in my oppinion. And I will create a concept drawing of how I think the Monk should have been like, to make an example.

I mean listen to this "Way of the Hundred Fists" :hohum: and just take a look at "Seven-Sided Strike". Even though it looks cool (again manga was the first to come up with the sudden-teleportish strike effect). It just ain't fitting for the Diablo universe...

I'm not saying that the Monk isn't awesome. I think the artists did a great job. But it doesn't fit the Diablo universe!

Yeah. I have nothing against *a* monk as a class, but *this* monk is just ridiculous. I'm not against replacing the paladin but compared to the monk we have now, the paladin >>>>> monk.

Level 21
Go whine somewhere else, this is suggestion forum, not "i dont agree with you" forum :(

.... This whole thread doesn't belong in suggestions. It's ironic that you're posting this only because you don't agree with me. Especially ironic because you're whining because you don't agree.

Edit: hey retarded silent, if you're gonna edit my post, don't add in random spelling errors to make me look stupid, thanks. And now you're telling I'm flaming? Well, good job at making me flame you. I'm sure everyone will be cheering on you now.

Last edited:
Level 3
Gee um the Monk is not Such a shocking news.. I mean even in D2 you could kick enemies and somewhat beat the crap out of mobs with the Assassin. :) Aaand the Monk is using her fist weapons and stuff... so chill out Archian! ^^ Maybe he Is a bit too 'manga'.. He seems ruthless, not too gothic but making one hell of a bloodbath! :)

Level 3
.... This whole thread doesn't belong in suggestions. It's ironic that you're posting this only because you don't agree with me. Especially irnoic because you're whining because you don't agree.

Stop trolling.

I assume that this thread could've been used to suggest things, but hey, what do you know? As long as there's no moderation, no-one seems to care.

Level 8
So you complain about the Monk because of his lore and art style?
I honestly gotta admit that his cinematic Intro is a horrible dragon-ball alike.
However ingame that does NOT matter.
The most important thing, as it should always be, is the gameplay. And that's just wonderful. With the Monk the developers managed to get a new really unique class in. It obviously plays completely different from the others which is just great for replayability and customization etc.
I really like Blizzards so called "Character Design Philosophy".
Even though the lore and art will not please some guys, it does not really matter. I doubt he will be a complete atmosphere killer ;P

Level 17
Everyone.. just stop it.
Eleandor is right, i said the same thing, this thread does not belong in suggestions becouse we have already said that we will add classes that blizzard reveal and since Monk is one of them, he does not belong in this section.
Is that clear now?

Level 11
Diablo I and Diablo III are far from being similar... Diablo is more dark and gothic game yes. Diablo III is more like gothic and gore game.

Monk is more like a fighter yea... could be better, idea is fine, but he's maybe too fast with his fighting style, like some kind of japanese anime.

Anyway, its not that bad. And isnt he like agility character more like ?

Level 1

Seriously. Shut up.

This isn't your game, so let it go. Complaining is one thing, but to say that what they're doing is "ruining the Diablo universe" is really stupid. You're not the creator of Diablo, nor are you a historian of said universe.

And from your posistion, didn't Diablo 2 ruin Diablo? Multiple towns, new characters, the hero becomes Diablo. How dare they! The hero was suppsoe to be able to sustain Diablo!

And why aren't you complaining about the possibility of Diablo being resurrected? Didn't we kill him not ONCE, but TWICE?! But no, you insist on complaining on a character choice THAT WAS IN the original Diablo.

Seriously man. Back off. Diablo is not your game, it's Blizzards. If you don't like the idea, then don't play the game.

EDIT: This just occured to me. Aren't the monk and assassin similiar? Infact... The assassin did more damage (and different) with more combo points. The Monk and the Assassin have the same skill sets (so it seems at the moment), but yet... you're complaining?

Level 5
if you read the story that is on the monks character page, they actually do pull off a dark feel with it.
i personally think that the monk will work fine, and ffs stop complaining about his combat, he's like the assassin there is NO PROBLEM WITH IT.
finally stop saying that characters from previous diablos would have worked better. guess what? appart from the barbarian no other previous diablo character choices will appear in diablo.

Level 3
I want to add that they've officially said the Monk has nothing to do with D1: Hellfire's Monk. :) Also - the Witch Doctor is a "Druid/Necromancer" and the Monk is a "Paladin/Assassin". :)

@doublespeak, good point! :thumbs_up:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Seriously. Shut up.

This isn't your game, so let it go. Complaining is one thing, but to say that what they're doing is "ruining the Diablo universe" is really stupid. You're not the creator of Diablo, nor are you a historian of said universe.

And from your posistion, didn't Diablo 2 ruin Diablo? Multiple towns, new characters, the hero becomes Diablo. How dare they! The hero was suppsoe to be able to sustain Diablo!

And why aren't you complaining about the possibility of Diablo being resurrected? Didn't we kill him not ONCE, but TWICE?! But no, you insist on complaining on a character choice THAT WAS IN the original Diablo.

Seriously man. Back off. Diablo is not your game, it's Blizzards. If you don't like the idea, then don't play the game.

EDIT: This just occured to me. Aren't the monk and assassin similiar? Infact... The assassin did more damage (and different) with more combo points. The Monk and the Assassin have the same skill sets (so it seems at the moment), but yet... you're complaining?
Dude, you're talkin' way over your head. Read my post again..
Of course I'm not the creator of the Diablo saga nor am I a writer of the story or lore for that matter. That has nothing to do with anything?:eekani:

Niether did I ever say that the new class is "ruining the Diablo universe".

And all your talk about not complaining about Diablo being brought back in in this third installment of Blizzard's Diablo franchise. Is unrelevant..

You're talkin' out of your ass. Pardon my language.

Seriously man. Back off. Diablo is not your game, it's Blizzards.
Oh, please. Grow up -_-

WARNING - This is getting sligtly off-topic.

Level 17
Just wanting to point one thing out... Monk was already in Diablo1: Hellfire (Expansion that wasn't made by Blizzard but they still approved it), so stop saying it doesn't fit Diablo universe.
I said that before aswell.
BUT, not only that diablo 1 and 3 is very different, the both monks is totally different aswell? And afterall, that monk isnt blizzards work ;)

And this topic is not for flaming and spaming everyone..
If you dont agree with someone say it nicely insted of starting a war..

Level 1
Dude, you're talkin' way over your head. Read my post again..
Of course I'm not the creator of the Diablo saga nor am I a writer of the story or lore for that matter. That has nothing to do with anything?:eekani:

Niether did I ever say that the new class is "ruining the Diablo universe".

And all your talk about not complaining about Diablo being brought back in in this third installment of Blizzard's Diablo franchise. Is unrelevant..

You're talkin' out of your ass. Pardon my language.

Oh, please. Grow up -_-

WARNING - This is getting sligtly off-topic.

If you care about the gothic concept of the Diablo history and lore, you will find this new addition most unsuitable. This new Monk class, could easily have been a street fighter character. It could have been done so much more dark & gothic in my oppinion.
\

I mean listen to this "Way of the Hundred Fists" and just take a look at "Seven-Sided Strike". Even though it looks cool (again manga was the first to come up with the sudden-teleportish strike effect). It just ain't fitting for the Diablo universe...

Yeah, I don't think I need to say anything else. If you're going to argue, at least take a side first. You say that it doesn't fit with the lore, and not part of the universe, then you deny that. So which is it?

And you're telling me to grow up, for telling you that the game doesn't belong to you, so whether or not you think it does or doesn't fit doesn't really matter. Are you not going to play the game because Blizzard bent their lore (if they did)? Doubtful.

Level 17
\

Yeah, I don't think I need to say anything else. If you're going to argue, at least take a side first. You say that it doesn't fit with the lore, and not part of the universe, then you deny that. So which is it?

And you're telling me to grow up, for telling you that the game doesn't belong to you, so whether or not you think it does or doesn't fit doesn't really matter. Are you not going to play the game because Blizzard bent their lore (if they did)? Doubtful.

Your not better then him for arguing back.
We cant we all just stop this nonsense and threat each others like people..
Its getting bored to only see people arguing with each other around the forums.

\

Keep on topic, and stop flaming each other :/

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

Oh, you would need to say a whole lot more than that. But not in this thread. If you intend to continue this discussion I suggest you send me a private message instead.

And yes, I am telling you to grow up.
You saying "Shut up" "This isn't your game, so let it go. Complaining is one thing, but to say that what they're doing is "ruining the Diablo universe" is really stupid." - First of all, I never said that what they're doing is ruining the Diablo universe. To avoid any misconception, I barely meant that this new addition to the character classes doesn't suit the game universe. I never said it ruined it completely which you make it seem as if though I did.

And second, of course it isn't my game. What does that have to do with anything?! We're talking about a million-dollar video game developing and publishing company here. Not a shiny red ball...

You're taking the words out of context.

And when did I ever tell you to shut up, huh? It's a childish way to discuss a subject.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.