1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The New Monk Class!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sheephunter, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheephunter

Sheephunter

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Jaeline

Jaeline

Resources:
    Resources:
    Monk model will be Peasant, obiviously!

Jokes besides, my only thought about how the skills could work(speaking about this Diablo 3 WC3 map now), would be that Monk uses one skill, and for like 2 seconds that skill is replaced by some other skill(this is the combo), and again for 2 seconds that skill is replaced with third skill, and if those skills are not used within the timelimit, the first skill resets back and you have to start over.

Strength will be in performing these combos fast enough(targetting new mob if first dies), because only the first skill wont do much alone. Second will do bit more, and third one is devastating. KabooW!

Also possiblity that after some skill is used, another comes available. For example, if you use the second-move combo, and instead unleashing the third one, you can instead use skill X that will do something else.

Just wanted to share my thoughts! CloudWolf and the team will probably have much better ideas, but still :p

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Diablo is not street fighter :sad:

Anyway, I really do hope Blizzard will get so many complaints that they actually consider withdrawing this outrage!

I support "thinking outside the box" and all. But this?! My god, Blizzard just raped Diablo. How can we just stand by and do nothing?!

Jesus christ, even the movie trailer had major flaws.. They just butchered the concept of the dark cultists for instance. Now they're suddenly a part of some mighty army :( instead of a secret dark, diabolic, demon-worshipping cult..

I'm disappointed :( I will not even recreate the Monk for D3:TFA...

My god :hohum:

4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's wrong with a monk? D:

5. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So much for the Assassin I fapped on. ~_~

6. RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is nothing Wrong with a monk. You just like to complain... :O

7. madqc

madqc

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know its a joke but if they add it to the game im sure it would be that model :

8. doublespeak

doublespeak

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish I could reach through my monitor, and slap you in the face for being so ridiculously arrogant.

Diablo is not street fighter, granted. However, it's one class that's going to be played like this, and what better class than a monk who fist fights... I mean, 2d fighter games really have it down when it comes to physical brawls (Street Figher, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros.), that emulating it into an rpg game will be perfect.

Or maybe you have a better idea on how this should work, neh?

It doesn't surprise me that you feel like this though. People are bound to be skeptical. I didn't mean to be such a bastard to you in this post... but it's just freakin ridiculous how stupid people can be about this kind of thing.

"OMG GUYS! BLIZZARD IS CHANGING DIABLO 3, AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BE LIKE DIABLO 2, AND OMG! ALL THE THINGS I LEARNED IN DIABLO 2 WON'T COPY OVER IT! THEY'RE RUINING MY GAME!"

It's amazing how people will freak out over an artist's decision to try something different.

9. madqc

madqc

Resources:
    Resources:
    I support you man who cares diablo 3 looks like WoW or other games...

10. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why all creatures explode on death? In D2 it was better when they don't explode, it's more realistic.

11. Trilogy

Trilogy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Female version anyone?

12. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you mean female monk, she doesnt exist yet.
    Blizzard said that the female still is in progress and thats why you did not see her on blizzcon.
    BTW, why is this thread is suggestions? : o

13. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, im sure female monk is sexy xD

14. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I hope she will be bald

15. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lawl anyone notice?
    2 strength (monk and barbarian)
    2 inteligence (witch doctor and sorceress)
    no agility!!!?!??!!

(lol, getting warcraft 3 addicted)

16. Wesus

Wesus

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok, first off, what character would you like them to create? the sorc? or necro? or even paladin? im sorry but they have created everything before... what else will they create? blizzard wont get complaintes because the monk is a great idea. people will love playing as him i think you are they only person that thinks they ruined it.... so lighten up and relax, its not like you are being forced to play that character.

diablo 3 is not WoW, sure it may open up to an open environment, but that does not mean it is wow... there wont be guilds, there wont be 2 factions, there are no mounts, outlands, or lich king... it is an upgrade to the diablo universe, one that players have been looking forward to since diablo 1... you cant tell me that you really like the whole "closed in repetitiveness that is diablo 1 and 2" ... i mean, its the same thing ... over and over and over again. everyone needs to keep there mind open, diablo 3 is not turning into wow ... it is simply improving the game play so you dont do the same shit over and over and over again...

17. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Watching the mork trailer made me feel like i was watching some chessy japanese cartoon.

18. madqc

madqc

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the official diablo 3 forum alot of people complaint and think it looks like wow and they are not gonna buy it etc...

19. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First part, yeah. The Monk is a great class, i think it is awesome actually.
    It remembers me of rogue :) You build up a combo with different attacks (in wow you save points to make an attack stronger) etc. And whats wrong with street fighter? :nw: I like street fighter.

And second part, i agree in everything but "wont be guilds". If im not wrong, blizzard hasnt announced that there wont be any guilds, and they said that they will make more posibilities for people/friends to play with each other, making it easier to play with each other. I think having a clan/guild would be a good way to accomplish that.

Ask them if they have some kind of issues with their eyes then.
    Everything is still PURE diablo. if you dont agree, i dont know what...
    I think that the games is totally different, the only things alike is that you level up a character. And ofc it will be a little similar becouse blizzard is making both of the games, but i would not complain, diablo 3 is pure epicness.

20. madqc

madqc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who said i dont agree? i just said some ppl complaint that monk is not good but i simply love it its my personal favorite and its the first class ill play...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.