• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The lost ones

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Warning !!! The last map is in construction, don't spoil it by opening it in the Editor (unless you want to of course ^^)

This is my first campaign, I've started to create it a long time ago and i'm only now finishing the first part.

The story takes place between the fall of Archimonde and the birth of the Lich King (between the two games if you prefer ^^) and follow the adventure of Kröchar, an orc fleeing dangerous enemies.

I would like many comments to improve the other maps I'll make and also to improve those I already made.

-I'm french, therefore be gentle about the text comments ^^

-The cinematics can be skipped but only if you press Esc early enough and even if you do their is still some problems (and even cinematics that cannot be skipped) : I strongly suggest that you save often.

-To keep items from maps to maps I created a system of password. Just type the password in the beginning of the next map and the items you've earned will appear.
I've discovered how to use Gamecaches only recently and to "upgrade" the campaign with them would have meant to upgrade every trigger in every map.

Finally I would like to thank and give credit to General Frank for his "Bloodelf Model Pack" that I found in this site (in the "packs" section), it was really usefull.

-No more password, I've put gamecaches everywhere.
-Many bugs fixed but you still have to press Esc fast if you want to skip the cinematic.
-A little bug was created : some of the spells are described in french but that shouldn't really be to much annoying. (To make it short : my english World Editor broke so I upgraded the map with my french one)

Keywords:
Campaign, Orc, Blood, Elf, Demon, RPG, Lost, Ones.
Contents

The lost ones (Campaign)

Reviews
14:31, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
I think campaign have very nice idea. )

Some improvement ideas:
- as said light bolt30, add texture variations and more doodads;
- don't use "noise" effect on the terrain; instead spend some time using "raise/lower" tool;
- quests of ogres artifacts (mission 1) and orbs (m.2): mark quest requirments completed not when those items drop on the ground, but when hero aquires it (picks up);
- may be instead of using "floating text" as a speech, use "cinematic / transmission from unit".

Bugs:
- some of the triggers runs more than one time:
-- (m.2) second cinematic at the "Mother Earth Avatar" (completing mission after destroying ogres camp);
-- (m.3) strange cinematic when Honor gets near his father's weapon (by some mystic events Honor appeared at the far north-west end of the map and duplicates timer to complete the mission);
- last missions quest: i've killed every troll on the map, even gnolls and spiders at the forest, but nothing changed - trolls continued to appear near the village and attack it.

Level 2
Yes I didn't understand at first but I've just realise that the quest tells you to search for caves while you actually should just go as far as you can in the mountains (I've just changed the description :thumbs_up:)
So normally you just have to search for a place you haven't been to yet. (If you want a hint : beyound the ogre camp)

Level 2
Ok then I guess I can tell you where to go : after the ogre camp you've got two choice : the east and the south (I guess you found your cave in the south on some kind of hill). Go to the east and normally you should reach the end (with both heroes or it won't work).

Level 2
That's just his presentation and I needed something to go with water that was different from the other three elements (and "water froze my ennemies" was too much like fire).
And you can even think of it as roleplay : Kerkan regenerate his life just like Kröchar or Scytale (slowly) but he consider it as a water-magic capacity. :cool:

Level 4
Well I think a healing skill to go with the water element would be useful, even if it's just a minor healing or regenerative skill. None of them have actual healing skills at the moment.

I'm on the second map, and this is all based on what I've seen so far.

- Good character personalities
- Decent cinematics that tell you what you need to know
- Quests are fairly informative
- Good story build-up
- Difficulty was pretty well-balanced
- Grammar is fairly good for you being French, but spelling issues need some work

- More unique or triggered spells for Scytale and Krochar
- Make sure you always pause units before a cinematic, because in cinematics like when Krochar meets Scytale, Krochar ran right past Scytale while he's supposed to be talking to him because I had it on patrol
- Terrain could use some work, but everyone has been saying that
- Individual map and campaign descriptions need to be translated to English

Overall it's a pretty fun campaign. I'm going to keep playing it to find out what happens with the characters.

This campaign is horribly bugged at the beginning of the map "Chapter Two, bis A little detour". I lose control of the heroes, the cinematics go crazy by sending messages from all the different units and never actually showing messages, I can't move the camera and I had to exit the game twice after waiting at least 5 minutes through this to make sure it wasn't just a one-time thing. I highly suggest playing through your entire campaign at least once to make sure there are no bugs like this.

This seems to be fixed after I downloaded the new version. Cinematics are still buggy on all maps though, which is why I think I had that problem in the first place.

Last edited:
Level 1
... Chapter Two, bis
A little detour

is broken ... :( some strange bugs, that i cant play this level ...

Am i the only person with this problem?

Level 2
All right, many things to say :

-Elementalists are battle mages, they don't learn healing powers and I like the fact that if one of the heroes doesn't have much life you need to protect him, not just use more mana on healing him (but don't worry, healing powers will come.)
-Old maps will not be terrain-uppgrade for a stupid reason : I like to keep maps like I orginaly created them, I'm a bit sentimental you could say. But the new maps will of course take account of your advices.
-Yes, I'm going to finish this campaign and I've got every map in my head until the end.
-New heroes will have unique abilities. Kröchar might get an improvement but Scytale will stay a Drunken Blademaster like he is.
-I think I fixed the big bug of Chapter 2 bis, I didn't saw it like you because I usually don't skipp cinematic often.

-I found something great called the "Icons" section of this site. I went a little crazy with it and put custom icons whenever I could. I will make a list of credit for their creators but for now just know that I didn't make any of them and that you can find them in the Icons section.

Level 12
I download it the campaign,and you should improve lots of staffs.
The terrain is not good, and why the icons turn out green ?
I can't finish the 1st chapter. No quest menu ?
- This is poor campaign but with good custom story.
*For better description use BB_Code .
Voting 2/5 Still need lots of work...:bored:

Level 7
couldnt beat the third mission, wasnt enough people at the village so it fell and Krochar died i lost. the city itself i was losing since i lost the blacksmith, making me lose archers when i only had 3rd gate left, maybe make everything in center invunderable (exept on air waves/units) until the gate is destroyed?

(To make it short : my english World Editor broke so I upgraded the map with my french one)

Well if you read map rules you will find something like this there:
Presentation
All maps must be made in English, must not contain overwhelmingly bad spelling or grammar, must contain a valid author and map name, and must contain a well-written description to give the reader a good idea of what the map is about. Imports, terrain, camera, and other visuals should complement the game.
The terrain is not good, and why the icons turn out green ?
Well I don't know about terrain because I can't see any screenshots but about green icons: Icons must have normal ones and DISBTN/DISPAS form! When you press F8/F9/F19 they will turn green because there is no another icon for Disabled form!

Level 2
Ok, can someone explain to me how you can put the DISBTN/DISPAS form in the game because when I create the spells there is only "Icon - normal ; Icon - off ; Icon - research"

Also, since everyone want me to do it, I will terrain-upprade the old maps but only when I finish the campaign.

Level 31
Ok, can someone explain to me how you can put the DISBTN/DISPAS form in the game because when I create the spells there is only "Icon - normal ; Icon - off ; Icon - research"

Also, since everyone want me to do it, I will terrain-upprade the old maps but only when I finish the campaign.

you don't need to put the disable icon at any path. any passive or active icon with matching path with the disable icon would generally share it.

for example..

btnblabla.blp
disbtnblabla.blp

this mean the active blabla icon would have disable icon automatically whenever someone press F10.

As a member of the Group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing campaigns/cinematics :

[-] Missing disabled icons
[-] Flat terrain
[-] Empty terrain
[-] Weird Intro
[-] Badly written Quest Messages
[+] Some custom spells

This map still requires a lot of work before it can be uploaded.

Final Rating : 1/5

Last edited: