• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lost Land

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Lost Land is a template Map that you can do Whatever you want to do.Added Some Doodad's,Terraine's and Fog's
Give Me Credits if Use
Hope You Enjoy!

♦ The Lost Land ♦

By Jan Dane

Gameplay
[tr]
The Lost Land is a Template map that you can do what ever you want
You Can do Like RPG or Whatever

Screenshots
[tr]
243170-albums7983-picture95010.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture95009.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture95008.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture95002.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture95001.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture94990.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture94989.png
[/IMG]
243170-albums7983-picture94983.png
[/IMG]

Credits
[tr]
"Thanks To -Kobas- for the tutorials"

Changelog
[tr]
Added Some Doodad's,Terrain's and Fog's
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Template,Terrain
Contents

The Lost Land (Map)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b 21:20, 22nd Feb 2015 Map Moderated - The Lost Land Comment - Shar Dundred's Review Verdict - Rejected, 1/5 Other [TR]Map Submission Rules Staff Contact The Hive's StaffMap Reviewers Description Tutorials
Level 4
Go to Scenario -> Map Description and change the mapname.
The terrain has a few good spots (the shrubbery grass), but the rest really needs improvement.

I make the map for 4 hours and i got bored so the other are not nice :thumbs_up:

Go to Scenario -> Map Description and change the mapname.
The terrain has a few good spots (the shrubbery grass), but the rest really needs improvement.

I will add some Terrain and Doodad's:ogre_datass:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Map: The Lost Land
Version: 1
Review
by Shar Dundred

Terrain
It's quite obvious that you're new when it comes to mapping/terraining but anyway: The terrain is just awful. I'll just mention a few of the things I came across. Perhaps you can improve this, after all.
The trees at the map borders are just bad. They are in one line, like an army, not like a real forest. The tiles aren't placed in a good way, you used only one kind of grass in most areas.
There's also too many map space filled with nothing but a few trees. Almost no doodads besides trees in most areas.
The World Tree seems to be completely misplaced. Some of the rocks at the waterfall are just flying in the air.
I'd suggest putting the naga area completely under water, not just the place where Vashj is standing.
This terrain needs lots of improvement before it can be approved. As Justas mentioned, you need to work much longer on your maps.

1/5

Overall
You have some nice ideas but still lack the knowledge to make them become real. In its current state, there's no way to approve this map. You'll have to test and learn more. If you want to make this map approvable, improve the terrain as mentioned before and take a closer look at the tutorials.
Click
Click
Click
Also, you put way too much different stuff on one map. Try to concentrate on only one thing with your first map - perhaps just a village with forest or a volcano area, so you can fully concentrate on this one. You can create other template maps later as well.

1/5
Vote for rejection