• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lost Castle - Hero Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, started off to make my first complex map in warcraft and i thought that a HS would be best cuz i haven't seen much of them around recently... everyone on garena is still playing X-hero siege 8-|

the castle is placed on a island in the middle of the map and creeps come on 4 long bridges from the N S E W, nothing special

i am trying to be unique(just like everybody else) and of course i need help and suggestions. Basically, tell me what you ever wanted tq see in a hero siege map and i'll try to implement:D... i may not have experience in JASS, but i have been coding for a long time now and i have a couple of years creating starcraft maps so i think i can do just about anything :wink:

Here is what i've got so far:

A group of newbie heroes go in search of adventure when they see a castle under siege and decide to help. After prooving their worthyness they are offered to possess the bodies of some long forgotten soulless heroes and from then the true battle begins.
Your main goal is to unlock the 4 banned regions(corners) of the castle, this being your only hope for survival. Each region will give you new items, new support AI units and new classes in which you can evolve your hero
plus some more twist and turns along the way which will be a surprise:)

i was thinking of several hero changes which goes as following:
-the 3 starting heroes
-the 6 forgotten heroes than each has a higher level of evolution
15 up till now
-these 6 advanced heroes can change class into 12 other ones (2 for each class) each with its higher evolutionary state
---at this point you are given an option(after reaching a specific level) : either continue your normal evolutionary chain( 2 more evolutions+ultimate class) or transform into an element and continue its evolutionary chain. There can only be 3 elements in the game , one for each attribute: str, agi, int
-2 more evolutions and a ultimate class which will basically combine the best from the last ones. Ultimate classes and elements will have custom skins and custom spells

i admit, the ideea of events came from x-hero siege... and no wonder... that map is a marvel of its time
Events will happen within the castle region such as :
-invasions (ripp off X-HS, but i like it too much) "A huge wave of darkness come from the North"... we all remember that message no:))
-catch the piggy : once in a while someone loses something and it's your job to catch it. You will be given a special "suit" (hero) for the job and you can go chase off animals around the map while your teammates are slaughtered trying to defend the bridges. Of course, bounty will be given to all of the teams
-worker defence: at some point, the gates guarding the shores of the dwarven island will fall and enemies will march through 2 new ways like dogs on fire. You will have to kill as many as possible but especially defend the repairman that are trying to install a new gate in the meantime
-big bad voodoo : at a specific boss level a witch doctor will come and cast a curse on one of the heroes in the castle, turning him agains you. He will be able to control the castle towers and every unit that belongs to the castle and comes near him. He will also have a huge regen inside the castle region so you will have to draw him outside, passing through fearsome creeps and especially bosses, trying to kill him.
-and some other ideeas such as arenas or stuff like

i already created a small GUI experience system based on a complex mathematical formula:
XP GAINED = LEVEL OF CREEP
LEVEL OF CREEP = 1 + NUMBER OF BOSSES KILLED
:)
also, every level has from 10 to 20 spawns at an interval. At every quarter of a level a Commander will spawn (super creep with bamboocha skills and imba dmg that gives 25x bounty+xp for killing)

every time a hero is killed, the creeps get 1 upgrade at either armor+hp+ms or dmg+atk.speed. if he is killed by a commander they get 2 upgrades, if he is killed by a boss they get 3 upgrades. -> there will be a hero deny system
max are 100 upgrades

3+6+6+12+12+24+24+6 = 93 heroes
evolve at:
-lvl 6 - choose hero
-lvl 10 - evolve
-lvl 25 - choose 2nd class
-lvl 50 - evolve or select element
-lvl 75 - choose 3rd class
-lvl 100 - final evolution
every time u evolve or change class you go back to lvl 1. most units evolve at a general level, but some evolve faster and some slower (tanks usually at higher levels and spellcasters at lower)

Special heroes:
the first classes will, of course, be dull ones that have your average day to day skills. After, i was thinking of adding more interesting classes such as:
-Great Scholar: experience link(enhaces the experience gain)
-Channeler: Global knowledge strike: deals the sum of all stats of every ally hero in region
-Mistress: Lure: persuades an ally hero to come and fight for an amount of time (there will be boss heroes guarding the castle, very powerful)
-Ward Master: replica ward: a ward than can hit 2 times per second. every time it hits it creates another replica ward. Every replica ward lives 10 seconds
etc..

So... waiting for sugestions :)
I think the beta version will be comming out in a week or so:)

Status
Not open for further replies.