• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Mining Situation Letter

First Letter

The situation has gone worse since the Henge's Lord ordered us to start a mining operation near the Mountains of Felendor. There is problems in the food and water supplying and also some strange creatures has been lurking in the nearby trees. Neither the mining itself has not started without problems. It seems that the rock type of this mountain side is very hard and our pickaxes just nearly breaks it. We are not sure about the ore vein location in here neither. - Jeremias

First Report Letter

Second Letter

The strange creatures that I told you in the first letter has been getting more aggressive. Yesterday they attacked to nearby lumberjack camp. They told that two of them died. The creatures are called krejins at least by the lumberjacks. Mining has started to go well but the supplying system has still major problems and we have not received fresh meat since last week. - Jeremias

Second Report Letter

Third Letter

I had to contact again fast. The mining site has been attacked by krejins and four of my men died. The krejins seems to be very dangerous and aggressive and they will attack any one who tries to enter the ore mine. It seems like they would be protecting something theirs. Also it seems that we hit an underground river and the second and third mine are floating and the mining can not be continued. Three out of four mines can not be used. Please send some military troops to get rid of those aggressive krejins. - Jeremias[/I]

Mining Situation Letter

Fourth Letter

The second mine stopped floating and the mining can be continued in it. However third mine is still floating. Krejins are still defending the first mine and the mining in there can not be continued. In the fourth mine we have hit a strange vein of some sort of blue glowing ore. However miners can work only 30 minutes in a row. It seems that the ore has some kind of hypnosis effects and the men starts to fall asleep while in the mine. I am still waiting for the military troops to clear the first mine. - Jeremias[/I]

Third Report Letter

Fifth Letter

The military troops has arrived. We are planning strike to the first mine. Maybe today evening or tomorrow morning. However it seems that these krejins are very smart creatures and they have been hiding deep in the mine and we can not be sure about their location. We have major difficulties to storage the blueglow ore because of the hypnosis effects. I wonder if the ore can even be used for anything useful. It is up to you, shall we save it or not. - Jeremias

The Answer Letter

Sixth Letter

The blueglow ore sounds very interesting and unknown. Send a sample of the ore to the magicians of Hextera. How is the situation with krejins?
- Henge's Lord

Fourth Report Letter

Seventh Letter[/B 14.5

I´ve sent a sample of the blueglow ore and we are now waiting for the results. They will be sent to you too.
The attacking to the first mine failed totally. The military troops attacked but none of them returned. It seems that they all have been killed by krejins. We are now just hoping them to stay in the mine and not to attack out camp. The third mines water level has been shallowing lately and the mining can be continued in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.