• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Miscellanous / Other] Prosperity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi guys.

I made a multiple resource system and I'm enjoying it play out.
I want to make something cool out of it.

At first I wanted to make an Age of Empires mod. But then I wanted to recreate a survival map like Kobold Tribes on SC2 (I really like that map).

But now I'm thinking of my own original idea. A non-combat map that reinforces team player and competitive-ness without the whole combat, attacking and defending. A map that is solely based on:

- Mining ores, crafting items and constructing buildings
- Selling items and ores between opposing teams (auction)
- Going for one of X ways to win (build a win structure, mine all the ores etc)

I'm thinking of making three classes that depend on each other but have their specialties:

- Miner (can mine, give and sell ores)
- Smith or Craftsman (can creates parts and items out of ores)
- Builder (can construct structures out of parts and research upgrades)

Players will be able to purchase training from other classes, but only for the basic stuff
like miners being able to craft tier 1 pickaxes or builders being able to mine with basic gear
and it will be expensive (sometimes worth the investment)

There are 3 at the moment, but I will most likely not add any other, atleast for now:

- Iron Rocks (gives iron ore)
- Gold Rocks (gives gold ore)
- Diamond Rock (gives diamonds)

Rocks are not permanent and will be depleted eventually.

Each ore can be mined from the start, but your chances of successfully mining a good amount
is slim. That's why crafters or smiths are crucial, since you will need better gear to mine ores
at a high and consistent rate.

The map will be a preset with some randomization. Each team will have close proximity mines
for the start, but after that they will have to venture further across the map to mine, which
will make travelling a mechanic because miners will have to go somewhere and return back
to give the resources back. Of course there will be upgrades that improve travelling, which is
another way of saying that teams will have to plan which route they will take towards victory.

Share your ideas. I may or may not like or adopt them, but I will cling to any idea that has potential about the map.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm I remember seeing some pretty good AoE and Settlers game in Warcraft, but it is a great idea! If you add tech and more features, it has good potential!
Although I think that many flash games of this kind are probably faster made than one in Warcraft.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hm I remember seeing some pretty good AoE and Settlers game in Warcraft, but it is a great idea! If you add tech and more features, it has good potential!
Although I think that many flash games of this kind are probably faster made than one in Warcraft.

Flash games? Like which ones?

And AoE map in WC3? Link please.
Though, I only like the first AoE, without Rise of Rome expansion. The other AoE games I didn't like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.