• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Letter (Updated Weekly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So, I've started writing since I was 12, and I feel like it's time to write a good series. The series is called "The Letter". Talk about sending letters...
Starting from:

Chapter 1: Genesis

My childhood days are like hell mostly. I was a mastermind designed to take care of all the planning of the clan.
They were usually designed for war, that's why I call my days "hell". Why did I involve in a war, given that I was a child, and I have to see a lot of people dying.
Oh, I haven't mentioned my name yet. My name is Greene. Well, that's my nickname. My real name is Antonio Samson. I was born in 1700. I don't know why I had the name "Greene" in me. It simply got stuck. I don't know what was inside my parents' minds. I think they gave me the name for a good reason. Well, I don't know, because I left them.
I was a mastermind of the Herald clan. My intelligence is a heritage. They were inherited through my ancestors and then to me. I'm a descendant of the late Marco Samson, who was born circa 1307 AD until he died in 1403 AD. He was pretty intelligent in his times. His plans were very effective and they never failed. It ever failed, though, when he tried to stop his younger brother from running. He was misconceived as "betraying every of the Herald clan's orders". In his times, he was ranked as an A-Rank bounty, being the highest target in the clan. Man, he was a fast person. I heard that he was a Legendary Ninja. My grandfather told me that because the successor of the book was alive until 1542 AD, and then he passed the book onto someone else that we don't actually know, although he did say that the next successor might be the Reece family. Marco Samson's siblings can be said as... kind of odd. Their fate is different from all the people in this world. The youngest, Franco Sierrason, the misconceived betrayer that I've told you about, died the first in 1393 AD according to my grandfather. He said that he was killed in a battle. The middle, Francesco Sierrason, died the second in 1398 AD according to my grandfather. He said that Francesco left the clan and went to China, where he was Francesco Yun in his return.
Both Francesco and Franco wasn't born with the same mother as Marco. Marco's mother died of illness while he was 4, and his father, Angelo Samson, married again to birth in Francesco and Franco. Franco had no descendants, and Francesco's descendants are now Chinese, so they can be said as from Chinese origin. Only my ancestor, Marco Samson, still lived up to his name as a member of the Herald clan.
That was the past of the Herald clan. According to my grandfather, it started out circa 1175 AD, born with an Italian origin. Yet, the first leader of the clan was British. He left for Italy to seek refuge, and he ended up leading the most influential clan in Italy.
My past was full of logical mind. I have to be an intelligent person to keep up my name as a mastermind. I started that since I was 6. My grandfather taught me everything he can to make me a mastermind of the clan. Well, my grandfather is the best historian in the clan. I started as a mastermind before he died, so that's why I have less work because they still relied on him.
My grandfather died when I was 10, and you know what happened? The clan relied on me more than ever. My father couldn't be a mastermind because he had a brain damage since birth. So, when my grandfather died, I had to rely on my own. It was hard. Really hard. Doing all the planning on my own for 10 years felt like suffering, but I still think positive to this day. I'd seen people dying, I'd seen a lot of people in the verge of death and then I had to set a plan so they couldn't be touched. It was a pain. When I was 19, my father died. He gave his heritage to me, and after the funeral, I thought about leaving the Herald clan. In 1720, I wanted to build a new house somewhere in Atalanta, but it would mean I broke the barrier. While still a member of the Herald clan, we cannot use the heritage for our personal use, but we may leave the clan and take a quarter of the heritage. My father gave me a lot of his heritage to me, and I thought splitting it up will make my job easier, because I don't need to think about how heavy it was to carry that much heritage. I used two-third of the heritage to build a simplistic house, and then I officially left the clan. Well, that was my past. A past to be carved by the Herald clan members. Trust me, they did that, to remind me how valuable my works were at that time.
At the time when I built my house, I was alone. I didn't know whom I should talk with. I wandered around the path to check on their addresses and remembering them. It was really hard to remember it because I had over 100 houses to be remembered. I went to a bookstore to buy a book, calling it "The Address Book". I don't know why I gave it such a simplistic name, but as long as it does the job, I don't need to worry. I started writing all the addresses that I remembered, and whenever I'm stuck, I would go out and look at them again, and return home to write the missing ones. It's a very hard work, isn't it? I thought so. I had to go out and then return again to my home, which is far to the addresses that I sought. I had to take approximately a 2-mile walk everytime I forgot addresses and trust me, I did this 5 times, simply to remind the forgotten addresses. I was a bit cocky about spending my money and I always did to get me a lot of papers and envelopes. When I had enough papers to send and reply, I started writing random things in the letters, simply to get a friend out of a sudden. It took me three days of dedication and time-consuming events to write all the letters, and I slept for only 4 hours a day. Well, after I'd done with the letters, I went to the postman. He was shocked, of course. The postman is just a volunteer that worked to send letters because our place has no post office. It is just a 300-meter walk from my house. I had to come and return 5 times to take all letters to the postman, and when he received it all, I left.
In a week, I was surprised, why wasn't there any reply yet? I couldn't wait any longer, so I returned to the postman, only to find out that he was still reading the address of the letters. The postman called me and told me that within a month, the letters would be sent to these addresses in no time. A month?! Are you kidding me, then I had to be alone for another month?! God, I left my family and they couldn't accept me anymore. I have to live up to their rule, that if I would seek my own destiny, I must leave the clan and can no longer be accepted in the clan. The only exception is that the clan members can visit me. I bought another book that I kept as a journal, and then I bought more papers and envelopes, for savings. At that time, only the postman knew about this, so the postman called me "The Letterman". Anyway, the postman is named Cole Reinman. While the letters are being read by postman Cole, that's how I call him, I wrote random things on my journal. It might be nonsensical to other people because I wrote it in an abstractive way, and I think normal people wouldn't understand what I wrote in my journal, but in my mind, my journal has a life in the script. I wrote things about experiences and all the things that you can think of. In a month, I visited postman Cole to check on his status. He needed to finish reading the addresses of 7 more letters to finally send them to the addresses that I wrote. I wonder why he volunteered for such an act, so I asked him. He said that it was a secret, but he told me this for once. In his times in 1682, and I wasn't even born yet, he had friends that had houses in a far distance than him. It was hard to communicate with them according to him, and there was no post office. When he bought a new bike, he wondered to himself; why not become an independent postman? So he built himself a post, much like a guard post, and at first the people thought that he was a guard, that was hilarious, I laughed when he told me that. He started working in 1690, where his post was pretty much finished. Tell you what, he is successful until now. With the lack of post office, communication is pretty much scarce, but his voluntary act changed the condition of the place.
That was his story. In the meantime, I realized that I've made my first friend, postman Cole. He happily accepted me when I told him that I just left my family and I was alone. With that awkward moment when he had to read all the letters' addresses, I'm more than just a friend to him. Well, I'm glad to have a friend like him.
A week later, I checked my mailbox, and I was surprised. I got over 30 letters inside. I think only these guys cared about my random things, so I read some of them which are useful. I read all the initial lines written on the envelope, and most of these guys didn't like my random things, but at least they cared. The other 5, actually had something in their mind, so I checked it out. The first one was a message that came from a lumberjack, a certain Philipe Ignacio.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
Honestly, I don't understand what you're sending to me, but I believe it has a meaning. You seem to put random stuffs over there. Is this the first time you wrote a letter? You didn't even put my name in the beginning, or I think you just moved in. It's fine. Visit me if you have some time.
Sign,
Philipe Ignacio".
He was definitely a wrong one, wasn't he? I had experience in writing letters. He didn't know that I'm a mastermind. Still, he was right about my migration here. I just moved to Atalanta 2 months ago, you think I would know your name so fast? I was alone, you know.
But, okay. I thought it would be good if I don't think about it again. I proceeded to the next letter. This one would be scary, because it is. The next letter came from a policeman, a certain Nick Borgota.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
Never mess with a policeman like me. You don't know my name like you actually know nothing about this place. Where is your birthright, actually? I want to know. In order to confirm your name to anyone, you have to visit me. The police will be the one to send identification data to the leader of this place.
Sign,
Nick Borgota".
Like he is the best person ever! I was actually sick of reading that, to be honest. He was trying to find my birthright, like I would tell the truth about the Herald clan. I only wanted to keep it a secret from here. This is a different place from the Herald clan, so this place shouldn't know anything about it, that's why. But, I would visit him, of course. I needed to place an identification data on the books.
I was unsure of the others, so I proceeded to the next one. This one came from a barman, a certain Victor Andal. His words were quite polite.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
I'm not acting like a bouncer or something, but why are you sending random things to me? Is it on purpose? I don't know. Or, are you new? I'm curious to see new people in this place. This address locates the bar, you can visit it anytime.
Sign,
The Barman".
Oh, reading those words was a great impression. He was the only one being polite despite the randomness of the letter. I think he understood its content, that's why he replied in a polite way. Since these people requested a visit, this person was in my visiting priority very quickly. I wanted to know how he is.
The next letter came from a lady, a certain Victoria Andal. While I was reading, I thought that she is the barman's sister. Well, I didn't know yet so I read her letter.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
I heard from my brother that you sent him a letter as well. I don't know who you are, but I would like a visit. Let's meet at the bar someday.
Also, are you new? My brother wrote about it to you. He's curious and needs to see you, so come to the bar and we will greet you.
Sign,
Victoria Andal".
She is as polite as her brother. I didn't know why bartenders can be really attentive. The duo thoroughly read my letter, and they turned out to understand the letter. I thought being a mastermind meant that I could hide anything, but it didn't.
The last one was unknown. This person didn't sign his name.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
Isn't it just like old times? I understood every single part of your letter. Your mastermind-ish thinking can no longer affect me. Hey, since I lived here for 2 years now, how about a meeting? I would appreciate if you stop by. Reply if you know where to start".
He didn't sign his name, but I knew who he is. He is Roberto De Lero, my Spanish friend from my times as a mastermind. I was glad that I would meet him again. Well, that was the least that I could do.
Well, that was my past while I was adapting in Atalanta. It's been 2 years and I haven't started my story yet. Well, it begins.

It's been 3 years since I moved to Atalanta and built a new house. I've made friends at that time. I continued to send letters to everyone in the vicinity of my house, hoping to find new friends. Well, now I have like 7 friends. It's time I begin my story.
1723 is the current year. I'm staying in my home writing in my journal. I guess that's common to a lot of writers. I keep writing nonsensical things as you might know from the last time I told you, and it turns out to be a fun thing that I would do anytime. I have a couple of friends, but I prefer staying at home, mostly.
It's time for me to write more letters. While I'm on progress, I would rest sometimes. You know, writing lots of letters that contain the same content. It sounds like a "tediously pointless" work. I get tired with each letter written, resisting the pain is a difficulty, so I go out somewhere. I don't know where to go initially, but I have an idea. I go to check up postman Cole's activities. Like I said, it's like a 300-meter walk from my house, so I have no problem going and returning, unless I'm going somewhere out of town and realized that I forgot to bring my wallet. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.
I reached postman Cole's post. He's busy right now, and I approached him.
"Hello, postman Cole!".
"Oh, Mr. Greene, welcome".
"Are those letters from someone else?" I said.
"Yes, they are. Do you want to book in to send letters? Also, three of these letters are for you. After I've done with this, I'm just about to send it to your home".
"Uh, yes, but I'm currently on the progress writing the letters" I said.
"Let's hope you don't write 100 letters like last time, it's some tedious work reading all the addresses. Anyway, about the 100 letter thing, how many people replied to your letter?"
"Around 30 people, but most of these people replied because they actually don't like my letter. But, I'm fine about it because at least they replied".
"How about the few of those?"
"They received my letter positively. They even wanted to meet me personally! Well, since I moved here, I had no friends, so I tried to walk 2 miles to know the addresses".
"That must've been a hard work for you. You shouldn't have written random things. If you made your purpose clear, I think your letter would be received better".
"That's what I wanted to do, but it's just hard to keep it hidden. So, under those random scripts I'm sure some people will know the meaning of the letter".
"Alright, alright, I'll leave that up to you. I hope you can find more friends" Cole said with a smile on his face.
"Thank you, time to go!"
"Wait, the letters!" Cole stopped me, I realized that I forgot something...
"Ah, yes, darn, the letters! My apologies, got to go!"
Postman Cole looks at me funny.
It was awkward. He's a good person, and I don't feel good if those moments haunt me right in my face.
I returned to my house in a 300-meter walk to continue writing my letters, but first I have to read the 3 letters that postman Cole gave me previously.
I'm reading the letters, and turns out they came from the same people that I sent letters to. I thought these people are new ones that only just replied, but I'm mistaken. These people are Roberto De Lero, Victor Andal, and Victoria Andal. I think they want to talk about something, I don't know. But first, I'm reading my Spanish friend's letter.
"Dear Friend,
Something about your past doesn't suit me, and I feel that there is more of Marco Samson than just a great mastermind. I want you to come to the bar and talk about this
Sign,
Roberto De Lero"
Ah, so he wants to dig deeper into my past and Marco Samson. Like how would I tell him?! I'm not a historian. I wish my grandfather was still alive, and I would take him to Roberto with pleasure. My grandfather didn't tell me a lot of my past and Marco Samson but I guess I'll meet you soon...
I'm reading the second letter by Victor Andal. You know him, the barman with a really polite writing. Be careful, pens are not a mouth, so if one is polite in writing then there is no absolute statement that they will talk like how they write, so I'm still not sure about his policy in writing, but nevermind, I'm reading his letter now without delay.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
I thought it would be good if you can visit the bar at anytime.
Sign,
The Barman"
I will, definitely. Roberto did send me a message to come to the bar, so maybe I'll meet you, but there's one question that quickly scrambles my mind when I got this letter. Why in the world would he send a letter with a paper this wide and a long envelope just to write one sentence, and then quickly end it with the word "Sign" at the bottom?! Like, look at these empty spaces, god, I would save this and cut the empty spaces so I can take it for my own purposes. Of course, writing.
Hey, but he's a nice person, in my opinion. I respect him although we haven't met. His language attached me to respect him so I can't deny that fact.
So this is the last letter by Victoria Andal, the barman's sister. I wonder where she lives, maybe she lives in the bar together with Victor. Well, continue reading.
"Dear Mr. Greene,
Hello, so my brother admires your presence in this area of Atalanta, he said that you're someone that all people can talk to. He really wants to invite you into the bar and see how your face looks like.
Sign,
Victoria Andal"
At least she is better than her brother. So Victor really wants to meet me? He thought I'm friendly, but he never knows that I'm still a mastermind and I can still fight. Since the sister wants me to come as well, alright, I'll come.
Oh, and I missed that "...you're someone that all people can talk to."
I sense hallucination in this sentence. Only 30 out of the hundreds of people that I contacted, replied, but most of them are just messages showing annoyance. So what, do you think I'm the person who all people can talk to? You need to look at a mirror and see who you are, and then borrow me a mirror and see what's wrong inside me.
Anyway, I continue to write the letters since they have to be done. I wrote a letter specifically for Roberto though, and I thought I will send it earlier to postman Cole.
Nah, I think not. I'll write a couple of letters then I'll send Roberto's letter later. I'm starting to fall asleep after finishing the letters for 5 hours.
Awaken from my sleep, I realized that I need to send Roberto's letter, so I take just Roberto's letter and go to postman Cole's post. Anyway, to spare some time, I take peeks at some mailboxes. They're the houses that I actually sent letters to. I look at one of them, and then found a letter inside. It's my letter and it had been pending ever since. I look at some more mailboxes and they still have a pending letter sent by me.
I reached postman Cole's post. I ask him to send just one letter for me.
"Hello, Cole".
"Hello"
"Would you mind sending this letter for me? Do you know Roberto De Lero?"
"Yeah. He's a Spanish living here. I know him for some time, now"
"He was a friend of mine in my time as a mastermind"
"Uh, mastermind? You're a mastermind but loves to play dumb?"
"My intelligence is a heritage. It came from my great grandfather, Marco Samson. Then, my grandfather taught me everything to become a mastermind as a child, because my father has some disabilities. After my grandfather died, I had to work hard as a mastermind. Not just a mastermind, I also had to fight people. Now I can still fight like usual, but I just don't like it"
"How about your intelligence? Why are you masking it here? I believe that with your intelligence you could have accumulated more friends"
"A lot of friends, that makes my activities hard to manage, even with the ease of letters now. My mailbox is going to be overfilled. I don't want to make your work difficult, so it's better that I mask my intelligence in letters"
"How about those hundreds of letters that you sent me?"
"Uh, yeah, I thought that was a difficulty, because it took a month"
"Hey, it's fine, just give me the letter, I know where Roberto lives"
"Alright, man, I'll leave that up to you"
I return again to my home to continue writing the letters. It's no longer a hundred anymore. It's like 50, so it will ease postman Cole's job. The letters are basically the same thing, like how I wrote it when I first moved here and the second time I wrote letters.
I took full-time and it took me a day to write all of those letters. Before sending to Cole, I have to rest after all the time I've consumed, so I wouldn't be tired for the other day. I don't want to stay awake for too long.
I go again to postman Cole's post, bringing the 50 something letters to him. He is surprised as I bring a lot of letters to him.
"Hey, how are you bringing a lot of letters like this?"
"Worry not, this is only like 50"
"Multiply by 2?"
"No, no, really, it's 50"
"Are you sure?"
"God, I'm sure, please trust me!"
"Alright, alright, I know you'll look very intimidating when I play around with your truth"
"So, how much will it take?"
"If there's no queue, it would simply take 10 hours, but I have some queue here, so you have to wait"
"So how much will it take if there are some queue?"
"Like a week or more, depends on how busy I am. I have family businesses as well, so what should I do to resist that?"
"Well, good luck, man"
I returned to my house to wait for the letters to be sent to people. I know, Roberto must've been waiting for me, but I just don't know where his house is, so I just wrote the name, and it turned out that Cole knew him for some time. How about Victor and Victoria Andal? Why did I forget about them? I think it's because of the meeting with Roberto in a bar, so I simply thought that I could meet the brothers and sisters while I'm talking with Roberto.

A new day, finally. I think I have thought much about Roberto and the bar siblings, you know, Victor and Victoria. While the letters are being queued, I wait in my house while writing on my journal. I basically write the same thing, quite abstract. I think it is, that nobody will know what's written in my journal. I hope one does, I don't know.
I'm done writing on my journal 2 hours later, maybe I just wrote random nonsensical stuffs that can take 2 hours. I go to rest after those 2 hours that I spent to write on my journal. While I'm resting, there's this bell ringing, I don't know where it comes from, but I hear that it comes from outside, so I go to check it out. When I'm outside, I'm surprised. It was postman Cole. I greeted him of course, with happiness.
"Greetings, Greene"
"Postman Cole! How are you? It's unusual of you to be here"
"I'm good as always, the post-office-like work runs smoothly. After over 30 years I'm still running successful. If I have enough cash, I would definitely build a post office and proclaim myself as an executive"
"Cole, I hope that can happen soon enough! Anyway, what brings you here?"
"I want to send this letter to you, it's from Roberto De Lero"
"Ah, Roberto De Lero, I think he asked me to come to the bar"
"I think that's it, because I didn't take a peek. Well, I'll never take a peek at any of my customer's letters because I know that they're secret and I have to live up to my name as a postman"
"And what do you vow as a postman?"
"I will take letters to be sent"
"As simple as that?"
"Greene, those words definitely have a lot of meaning, if you understand abstract stuff"
"I see. Also, how about my letters?"
"I've just done the other people's queue, and now it's your turn. I'll make sure that your 50 something letters are received by the people you will send to"
"Ah, finally. How long will it take again?"
"10 hours if I work full-time, but it might take a day if I'm a bit busy. On the other hand, I'm still not sure how much letters you sent me. I have a bad feeling about this"
"Don't worry, postman Cole! I'll make sure that the number I called is not multiplied by 2!"
Postman Cole looks at me confused, but soon enough he understands.
"Ah, yes, I hope so"
"Anyway, I have to go back inside, maybe I'll write more things, see you later!"
Postman Cole yells at me.
"Greene! You forgot the letter!"
"Oh my goodness, my bad, I thought I have the letter already, my apologies, gotta go!"
Once again, postman Cole just looks at me funny.
What an awkward experience. I thought I'm the greatest mastermind in the world, but I realized that my intelligence is fading away. Why did I simply forget one thing that is easy to remember? Not once, but twice already! I think I must improve my focus so a simple conversation can't take me away from my actual objective. Well, postman Cole was a tricky one to handle. He knows how to play around with his words and make me lose my focus on something.
I returned home while having the letter in my hands, and go for the chair in front of me. I opened Roberto's letter and it seems to be an appointment.
"Dear friend,
I waited long for you in the bar, but you didn't come. What happened to you? Are you so busy? Well, now you need to come as soon as possible, I'm waiting for you.
Sign,
Roberto De Lero"
Oh, just as I expected to see, he wants me to come to the bar, but one thing that I remember is that I sent him a letter about this delayed appointment. I don't know exactly why he didn't know that I delayed it for a bit. So, I prepare myself to go to the bar, but before that, I want to go to Roberto's house to check how he didn't know about this.
So, I walk like a mile to finally find Roberto's house on the track. I think Roberto is nowhere nearby, so I check on his mailbox. I see a letter and I take it out, and then I realized that it's mine. Darn this thing, so he didn't even receive the letter? Well, that makes sense already, I thought he knew nothing on purpose, but he simply didn't receive it.
Alright, so I have to go to the bar because I think this appointment is absolute. If I ignore him, my mailbox would be full and I might not receive anymore letters because postman Cole couldn't put even a single letter there. So, the road to the bar is another 500-meter walk from Roberto's house, that's nearly a mile from my house. Well, I keep going. While I meet with Roberto I thought I could also meet with Victor and Victoria Andal.
At only 3 years since the time I made the address book and walk like 2 miles, I started to know every single address in the area. It's about 5 miles wide, and I had remembered them. Because of this, I know the location of the bar. It's like 750 meters from my house, and I go there to meet Roberto. I'm sure he's already waiting for me.
When I got to the bar, I see Roberto outside near the front door or something. I've never gone to the bar before, so I don't know what's front door and anything else. Well, I keep walking, and he stops me.
"Hey, Greene"
"Oh, Roberto, how are you?"
"Good as always, old friend. Why didn't you come previously? I was waiting here for 6 hours while talking with the barman"
"I thought I sent a letter to you about cancelling the appointment, you didn't receive it?"
"Oh, you did? Ah, sorry, mate, I was away and I couldn't check my mailbox because of it"
"It's fine, man. Anyway, shall we go inside?"
"After you"
Roberto and I go inside and check that the bar is pretty much crowded. There are some drunkards who got too drunk, and a lot of other people are enjoying their drinks. At the time when I was a mastermind, I don't drink, and that's the ethical code of a mastermind according to my grandfather. Focus is everything, but postman Cole made me lose that. Being drunk will make you lose focus, so it's taboo in our clan.
Roberto books a seat for us, and of course we sit down. But before that, he tells me to order some wine. Well, I don't drink, what in the world is he thinking? I thought he has been with me for ages and he knows exactly my routine everyday.
"Greene, order us some wine"
"Are you joking? I don't drink"
"Well, order me some wine"
"Why are you ordering me to do it? I thought you have legs"
"You need to know the people in here. Do you know, the barman is waiting to meet you. I want you to meet him and be friends each other. He'll be very interactive with you. Hey, I thought you ever said that no one will talk to you. Well, if you be friends with him, you'll get friends"
"Nah, I don't think I deserve it..."
"Come on, old friend, don't be an introvert. You're not the 'Greene' that I know. The 'real' Greene is very social, intelligent, and protective"
"Haha, thanks, man. Alright, I'll order some wine for you"
"A bottle of wine, okay?"
He's so strong handling a lot of that wine? Just hearing it makes me sick. Anyway, the bartender is 50 meters away from our seat, so I come to him to order some wine. To my surprise, he doesn't know me yet. Well, I will keep it like that until he will ask for my name.
I walk into the bartender.
"Hello, barman. A bottle of wine?"
"No problem, mate, a bottle of wine it is"
He looks very energetic and seems ready to serve all his customers. While the barman is brewing the wine because it ran out, I see a woman in the barman's working table. I greeted her.
"Uh, hello there"
"Oh, hi! How are you? What's your name?"
"I'm fine. My name is Greene. Are you Victoria Andal?"
"Oh, you're the one named Greene? Yes, I'm Victoria Andal. What brings you here to the bar?"
"My old friend Roberto wanted to see me here a couple of days back. I couldn't meet him and he didn't receive my letter"
"Well, yes. While he was waiting, he talked a lot about you to my brother, and for that, my brother is interested to befriend you"
"I would be honored to see him. Too bad he didn't recognize me at the first sight"
Victor just finished brewing and he's surprised to know that his sister is talking to someone.
"Sis, do you know this stranger?"
"I don't even know who he is, but this is the one named Greene, who sent us the letter. I thought we replied to him as well"
"Ah, I see. Hello, Greene, I'm Victoria Andal, nice to meet you, man"
"You too. Is this the bottle of wine that I asked for?"
"Yes, this is it. Anyway, do you drink?"
"No, this bottle is for my old friend Roberto. As a mastermind I must never drink because if I do, I will lose my focus"
"That's very good of you. If you need anything, just come to me, I'm open everyday until midnight"
"Alright man, thanks for the drink"
Soon, I return to our seat to give Roberto the drink he wanted.
"Here it is, mate, the drink"
"Ah, thank you. Hey, have you talked to Victor yet? He's a nice one, isn't he? He'll be your friend and you'll get more friends as well"
"I hope so, man. So, why are you calling me anyway?"
"Can I know anything about Marco Samson? You must be hiding something from me. I know that there are still more of Marco Samson than expected"
"Why are you asking me this? Alright, man, I'll tell you"
"Did he had any siblings?"
"Not biological siblings. His mother died when he was a child, his father birthed two more sons"
"Those two sons gotta be my ancestors, why didn't I know about this?"
"What do you mean, Roberto?"
"The woman that Marco's father married again is my great grandmother, and she joined Herald clan. That's why I became friends with you because I have my blood in the two sons. Where do you think my relatives are?"
"Francesco's descendants are Chinese now, and Franco was never married"
"Well, I thought I'm the only remaining Spanish blood here. The others had already been a Herald clan member"
"I know, man. Is that all you want to know?"
"Yeah, man, just that. Thanks for uncovering the secrets of my relative to me. I know why my great grandmother got away at that time. She actually wanted to marry Angelo Samson. I'm leaving, man, thanks once again"
"You're welcome, man"
I think that will be the last time I see him. He just quickly goes away. I feel like I shouldn't follow him, so I stay here and order a cup of tea. Well, the barman has tea, luckily.
After drinking, I returned home and continued writing on my journal. I wonder what Roberto is doing after I uncovered his secrets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.