• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Last Stand Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
contact reaper, i mean Hell Master..

This looks really cool. I really like the color scheme. Its dark yet colorful. Thats a really good mix. Models look great. Terrain looks pretty good,
I defer to SoJ on terrain issues. I can't wait to see a beta. Let me know when you are ready to do testing, I would love to help out.
+rep

Can you tell us more about the style of game play or the way items will be used?

Level 11
The old map used to be a hack and slash dungeon crawler. Pretty much, the concept is still the same except that it won't be so dull anymore.
I, for one, found that the spells were useless except for the healing wave and I relied on the units instead.
This caused a one-sided game play and the concept wasn't very flexible.

I decided to tweak the enemies (They don't just stand anymore or just cast Death Coil) and added some secrets in-game.
Some areas require a certain strategy but that doesn't mean it's the only way through.

As for items, there are these called 'Artifacts' that provide certain bonuses when acquired. These are story items and are required to get. (You probably won't miss them, the story is still linear after all the changes)

As for now, since HM is busy and all, here are the current changes:

1) Terrain (Who would've thought?)
2) Multi-player (3 players at max, can detect single player)
3) No more checkpoints (Boohoo, but there is a new resurrection system and a room where you can just heal yourself)
4) Units (Oh yes, didn't see that one coming)
5) Spells (Surprise, surprise, surprise)
6) And some few puzzles and secrets.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Also be sure to check out Heroes Tale and Dark World.

Level 1
Wow based from the screenshots i know its perfectly good to play anyway why is it dark and who are the heroes?

Level 1
i read but i didnt find any namess and is the lord vargas model still used here coz if it is used i dont know if i will still download it

In the first post, if you actually read.
Hello and welcome to our news network the wc3 report how are you today for more talk add warmaster frostsycthe in facebook

Hello and welcome to our news network the wc3 report how are you today for more talk add warmaster frostsycthe in facebook
he is our junior reporter he is now 1st year

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
Nice skins and models Hell_Master and BreathingAcid!!! :D I'll put the supporter image in my signature :)) ^^ To keep huge implementing. Keep a nice work from both of you guys ^^.

Last edited:
Level 23
Im really admire your terrain.
In an era where people aimlessly spam wow doodads, Im glad that someone actually takes time to design terrain in the style of standard wc3, bothering about doodad placement, appropriate texture and lighting. Instead of relying on high resolution models to make up for lack of anything else.
Good job, rep to both of you.

Level 30
It's Breathingacid who remake that no me actually I'm not yet with focused in this and I'm not that good. I'm one of those terrainer who spams but I do think this will serve as a lesson to me on my part as a terrainer on my man project on not to spam. thanks for the great feedback, Kino.

Level 14
So I played The Last Stand by Hell Master and I must say I'm glad he decided to do a remake. Judging by what I've seen here it's going to be a really good map. The terrain is drastically improved and it looks like you are all working on fixing everything else that needed updating. Keep up the good work, I'll be waiting for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.