• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Stand Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Last Stand Warfare

The story

Many years after "The Virus" was released, a large scale millitary force rose from the ashs of a suppossedly life-less earth. After hiding underground for years, the last remaining source of food was unable to support itself. It was time to leave. To their supprise, crops were still growing on the surface. They quickly found an area to set up a military base. After almost a year of construction, it was finished. Then spieces A-27 apeared. Almost human-like, they apeared to be people that had fallen to their old foe. Armed with their guns and a few tanks and helichopters, they prepared to completly evact all civillions back to their underground Utopia. Now, as wave after wave aproachs, it is up to you and your 10 man platoon to survive as long as you can. Using a proto-type shield, you seem to have an ability to be able to survive many hits. The shield also seemed to extend radio comunnications, enabling them, and only them, to use the long forgotten orbital artillery platforms. Is this the final stand for humanity?

So far

Well so far I have 2 (almost 3) triggered spells done, the spawn trigger (yes, one trigger) an ever-growning Int thread, a basic base set-up, alot of the planned units in, imports almost set and the zombie upgrade done. I need a few more abilitys for the hero's I have right now, and they should be finished.
I also need to make my picking system, then that should wrap up the trigger work.

An early Q&A

Q: I have tons of mana, and I'm barely past level 10!!!!!
A: You don't get any HP increases, as your shield is what keeps you alive, without it your a normal marine.

Q: Nothing costs mana, What the heck???
A: It all goes to your shield, which is what the attempted focus is, managing your combat effectivly to win.

Q: I've been playing for abit, and the zombies have almost 10000 HP, WTF!
A: They upgrade every 4 waves, to make it harder faster, but if your smart, you can go for abit.

Q: There isn't much of a point.
A: go back to DoTa then.

Q: They can't hit the helichopters.
A: Chances are somebody will kill them with Artillery strike, so meh, and they become useless after awhile

Screen shots
Rocks.gifTanks.gifGP.gif

If anybody would like to see the alpha stage, just ask and you can have a look through it

Last edited:
Level 17
It sounds nice, but there isn't much here to go on.

Will there be multiple unit types, objectives, any new and inventive systems?
What will the enemy be like?
Will you be making computer AI for open user slots?

To be honest, those two pictures I see do not look very good at all.

Level 12
Ya, I didn't have alot to work on for picture-worthy stuff.
AI, maybe, its a survival map, but then again the shield system will probably work nicely for AI to be based off of.
The enemy is zombies, but they grow strong. Really strong. I had a hard time getting past the 5th upgrade stage, but that also includes amount too. I have a simple amount equation that isnt very complicated, but W/E, its something like A=5w+30, with A being the amount spawned, and w being the wave. I lkke it so far, it looks like it could be a challenge for some people.

The only diffrent kind of inventive system that I have so far is mana-is-every-thing theme. If you dont have any mana, your probably going to die really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.