• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Greetings .

I wanted to start making some maps for fun on the world editor so one of my ideas was to make a FFA PVP kinda of arena , but with random events and items .

So i made : The Last Island

My map-making skills are very beginner so it might not even be interesting to play , but that will not stop me from trying . On to the map then .

Basic explanation : FFA pvp , some resource . some murlocks , small bandit camps and cities , use resources to win !

So the huge explanation :

The map is a basic FFA PvP arena on a medium sized island . You have 5 heroes to choose from and you will spawn in a random point in the map . From there you will have to fight other players to gather resources . There are randomly spawning murlocs every couple of second that grand gray loot that is better then nothing . Every couple of minutes a treasure will be found and delivered to a point in the map , that will be announced . There will be semi-weak city defenses like towers and a mob that guards the item (will drop upon death) . Also there are shops that you can get tomes (very week , might even be waste of your resource , but they are in the game) . Also on the two opposite sites of the map there will be a Demon and a Captain traders . Since you get 1 Soul and 1 Supply on kill you can exchange those on these npc's . Captain does not need souls so he gets your supplies and the Demon on the other hand does not need supplies and trade for souls . After you gather 100 of one of those you can go to the other npc and trade them to buy an item that upon use will end the game and make you the victor . That should be pretty much it in the map for now .
Ah also all items are dropped upon death :)

If you wander why the map is so small , i did not use anything custom imports in the map so that is how big it is for now .

Everything in the map is basic so far , i hope you like the idea and enjoy it .
Previews
Contents

The Last Island (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
This is pretty far from complete state. Use Map Development for unfinished works... 1. Wisps can build. 2. Creeps sleep. 3. Spells are normal Warcraft III ones. How do the level up? 4. Some abilities have passive icons but are active. You could use...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is pretty far from complete state. Use Map Development for unfinished works...

1. Wisps can build.
2. Creeps sleep.
3. Spells are normal Warcraft III ones. How do the level up?
4. Some abilities have passive icons but are active. You could use this to make them look appropriate: Button Manager v1.8.2
5. No (visible) hotkeys for abilities.
6. Terrain is absolutely flat and doesn't have that much tile and doodad variation.
7. Pathing blockers are required not to get your hero through doodads (eg: rocks).
8. No hero regeneration? But towers do.
9. There are murlocs in/underwater.
10. Just one type of neutral hostile unit.
11. No idea what the treasure looks like.
12. Mostly the same items.

Set to Substandard until finished.

==============================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27219

If you want more reviews, come here:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/the-grand-review-exchange.290679/

Level 2
I really did not saw some of the obvious ones . For murlocks i might change the way they spawn , but was not seeing an issue for them to be underwater :)
I'll polish the terrain a bit and some of the things you pointed . but the idea was more of pvp between people , the neutral mobs were just as extra layer :)
As for tower i suppose i just can make them invulnarable , but though regeneration could be more fun .
Thanks for the info and the pointers i will try to make it better and did not know you can upload map somewhere as unfinished/in test . Thats more or less the state atm

Level 2
Minor Update . Added some path blockers , Hotkeys to spells in tooltips , limited the murlock spawn , some reworks on the upper city , removed building from wisp and set some units to not sleep at night . Also will edit the info on the hero attribute button or rework it a bit .