1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] The last Guardian of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Rare from XGM, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Rare from XGM

Rare from XGM

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Here I wanna present you my project, which I've been doing for almost one year.
    About me

I'm a modmaker from Russia, there are many maps and campaigns in my portfolio. I decided to spread my audience and start translating my campaigns into English. This project will be my first step to english-speaking community.
    About campaign

Plot
    The story runs parallel to the original campaigns in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. You will start in Lordaeron struggling with orcish clans. Further you will take part in the battle for Dalaran, revival of the Alliance and confrontation with the Burning Legion.
    Main characters
    • Ser Edmar - knight and close friend of prince Arthas (Edmar has a romantic attraction to him, but keeps it in secret).
    • Darion - wizard from Dalaran, who came to Lordaeron to help humans cure the plague.
    • Jason Howel - commander of the Lordaeron corps stationed in Dalaran
    • Othmar Garithos - baron, who leads Lordaeron army
    • Mannoroth - ambassador of Lord Archimonde who was ordered to destroy human army
    Main features
    • Nostalgia - meet old characters like Lord Uther, Archimonde, Detherok, Arthas, Kael'Thas, Kel-Thuzad and many others.
    • Original Saundtrack - music in campaign mostly written specially for it by Sergey Pokrovsky. 80% of time you will listen to new tracks
    • Voice acting - all dialogues were voiced by 13 actors (yes, it's one problem, because this is Russian actors, but all text will be in English, you will understand everything, don't worry)
    • 4 new races - humans (main race), gnomes, blood elves and demons
    • 15 new artifacts
    • 18 new neutral monsters
    • Referenses to original campaigns
    • 8 chapters and 4 interludes
    Release date
    Firstly my actors should finish their work, after what I will publish campaign on the Russian web-sites. Then I'll start translation inti English. If I have enough time, English version of campaign will appear on Hive this summer.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here: Ser Edmar, Jason Howel. Mensil Stonerage, Detherok, Zibasa, Mannoroth

Here: Khershel the Cold, Villager, Monk, Lord Uther, Balnazzar, Archimonde, Garithos

Feedback

It's very important for me to see your reaction on this. I wanna know your interests, priorities and opinions. Hope, I made a good impression on you. Thank's for your attention.

2. Limitteditemeater

Limitteditemeater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Deffnietly looks quite intresting will look forward to playing this.

3. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    The very green grass just next to buildings on fire and growing in the middle of a near intact street while all the trees are blighted/withered just feels weird.
    Can you use some blighted/withered variant of the grass on the first screenshot.
    Otherwise it looks awesome.

4. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is great! Really happy you are willing to spend time to help share your campaigns with the hive workshop community. Hopefully we can see more campaigns from the Russian Warcraft 3 community in the future.

5. Rare from XGM

Rare from XGM

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought about it. We have in Russia many really good campaigns. It needs a lot of time to translate everything, but I can't promise I'll do it. Firstly I should finish with my own work.

6. ShadowFox555

ShadowFox555

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks like a very promising campaign. I hope this turns out great, Slavic bro.

7. Alon

Alon

Resources:
    Resources:
    My congratulations, friend. I am proud of you. It is very nice to see russian homies doing campaigns in english. I am gonna play this campaign and give feedback later. I want to thank you for your enthusiasm and the rise of the Russian community to a new level

8. Rare from XGM

Rare from XGM

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your support.

9. Rare from XGM

Rare from XGM

Resources:
    Resources:
    Campaign is finished, you can download russian version from XGM.
    The next step - translation into English. I'll try to cope with it as fast as I can.

10. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please make sure transmission times are OK. Many people underestimste that when translating and then The text is often too fast or too slow

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It'd be a good idea to read them as the characters would say them while using a chronometer.

12. Rare from XGM

Rare from XGM

Resources:
    Resources:
    It will not be a problem. I will do everything to avoid it.

13. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm following this. Waiting for the english version, comrade!

If you want, you can use my custom made Garithos model. :)

Attached Files:

• 111.png
      111.png
      File size:
      544.7 KB
      Views:
  14. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I very much prefer the already used Garithos to this new one.

15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is great news.

I was just listening again to the music you/your team composed for this campaign. It is really good.

16. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I remember some years ago I downloaded a torrent from rutracker full of campaigns, hoping to find dunno what and a lot of campaigns were in russian.

17. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    A surprise to be sure but a welcoming one

Hope the english version were good and the text are not to fast

18. Maximal

Maximal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One of my friends did voicing for this one, a small world we live in :D
    Would reccomend to anyone, awesome campaign.

P.S I can help with translation, I have nothing better to do with my life.

19. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would be great to see what fans from Russia made as campaigns. There were a lot of great campaigns in China that made it here that were generously packed with action and boss fights (Of Crimson Tides, Evil Resurgent, Legend of Maiev, etc). I'm looking forward to see how the story unfolds and how the action is in each map.

On a personal note I don't exactly mind if the VA is in Russian. If the translations are in english and I can read the story and dialogues, then I wouldn't mind the voices.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Hopefully we get the original voices but with subtitles.