• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Co-op Campaign Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Co-op Campaign
Made by deflinok2

Hey guys. I present my next project - a Cooperative campaign. The idea itself was successfully borrowed from StarCraft 2. The main point of this map is that you can replay one of the most famous missions of Warcraft 3 but for a completely different race ( in this map is still available for 3 test)
At the beginning of the game you are given the right to choose the commander, for example : You have chosen Thrall - respectively, you will play for the Horde
If people like the idea, I plan to introduce more non-standard races, as well as change the usual characters.

Map Info
  • This concept was inspired by the co-op campaign from StarCraft 2
  • The map is made in 1.31.
  • At the moment, there are only 3 commanders ( Arthas, Thrall and Tyrande)
  • This map is based on the 5 mission of the Alliance campaign - March of the scourge ( Where you have 30 minutes to defend the city before the arrival of Uther)

Attachments

• Human 05 Co-op.w3x
    7.1 MB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Level 23
I personally think it would be more fun if you made a set of coop maps that are independent from the original blizzard campaign. New content is normally better than recycling previous stuff. Also, by using blizzard campaign maps, you make your maps very vulnerable to changes in future patches, as if you look at some of the other maps based on blizzard campaigns, they get crippled when Blizzard introduces stuff in new patches (sometimes strange bugs occur that are not even related to the new patches; it is just a result of the original blizzard maps containing some data that is easily (corrupt-able?).

Anyway, even if you use the original blizzard campaign maps, still looking forward to your coop campaign.

Level 8
I personally think it would be more fun if you made a set of coop maps that are independent from the original blizzard campaign. New content is normally better than recycling previous stuff. Also, by using blizzard campaign maps, you make your maps very vulnerable to changes in future patches, as if you look at some of the other maps based on blizzard campaigns, they get crippled when Blizzard introduces stuff in new patches (sometimes strange bugs occur that are not even related to the new patches; it is just a result of the original blizzard maps containing some data that is easily (corrupt-able?).

Anyway, even if you use the original blizzard campaign maps, still looking forward to your coop campaign.
In the future, I plan to use not only Blizzard maps, but first I would like to establish the process of creation. Well, in part the balance)

Level 1
I´m looking forward to it! This project looks really interesting! :) Anyway Do you plan to complete 3p campaign for Undead? (Orc campaign was really awesome) :)

Level 14
Update - Version 0.2

- Changed the Hearthglen
- New skills and models to Heroes
- New mechanic : Modifiers
- New units
- Fixed bugs with Caravan Mission

Maybe in the future, if someone comes with a commander concept, could it be added?
I've always wanted something like this to exist in Warcraft, and I'm hoping blizz adds something similar officially in reforged.
Anyway, if you gonna make new maps, feel free to ask for help on Terrain. :D

Level 5
Personally I would be more interested in seeing you do an original mission that isn't affected by the constraints of the original co-op campaigns or blizzards map. For instance not having the high upkeep or 5 gold peasant limit but increasing the difficulty to make up for it. On top of having more original quest objectives than just defending a map for 30 minutes which is really boring.

Also limiting hero levels seems irrelevant since missions like these should be played independently, not as apart of a grand campaign.

On the bright side, you could just focus purely on making the one ORIGINAL commander mission really good and refined. As compared to working on a full 8 mission campaign, quality over quantity essentially.

Level 7
Hello deflinok2
I am currently working on a similar project. It seems that you have focused more on the actual misson functionalities where i on the contrary have been using a lot of time recently on making commanders.
Are you intrested in a collaboration? I think it will make the proces way faster and manageable for both of us.
I have attached my project to this post, though it is far from done. Also keep in mind that some of the models used are currently placeholders for the future reforged units. Because this is planned for reforged, i have not used any custom models either.

Attachments

• Co-op Commanders.w3x
    181.3 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.