• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Kal'dori Cycle- Kal'mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Did anyone ever play Morrowind? The Elder Scrolls III? That was my favorite game of all time back in the day. I would play for hours and never get bored. The kind if game that made you stop only because you needed code red Mr dew or food hahaha I want to take everything great about Morrowind and create a glorious, epic RPG. Now, I have multiple continents chained so that each area has significantly higher level creatures or characters. However, I did not want this to restrict a player from exploring. A few quests for House Hlaalu have been established. Multiple misc. quests and a questline for the three vampire clans and the werewolves each of which a player may become if he or she so chooses. I'm aiming for about 22 characters you can play from though, seven, including the vampire and werewolf are the only ones completed so far. You can catch diseases which have different effects and consume herbs which grow naturally. A beautiful landscape has been constructed and each region has its own special characteristics. You may travel from each main city by Silt Strider or through normal means. You can hire mercenaries to accompany you, pets and horses. Soothing ambient music is played in most regions. A few dungeons have been setup. There are creep respawn, item stacking, vampire burning, and werewolf transformation systems. All I need is help creating quests, city decoration, save/load system, and keep in mind this is a Single Player RPG, minor terraining, and major testing/balancing. I am working with about three other guys along with Black Hand Industries. PM me for info or any questions. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Thanks haha I tried downloading your map but I couldn't play it. It didn't show up in the folder on my pc. I tried everything, looked fun. And yeah, I know what you mean but I'm doing all this shit off my phone haha my internet is down and I'm the main one everyone goes to to use he computer to edit.

Level 16
Look interesting, but if you could present us some screenshots that would be great, and you will get more people for sure, because no one likes to read wall of text.

Also I will know how good your skills are, and if I find you good enough I may even help you with suggestions and point you in right direction ;)

Yeah we could start with pointing him to the direction of grammar. However I found it very dull & boring reading that wall of text. I must see pictures to see your potential. Honestly the terrain itself will be enough to intrigue me if its good.

Yeah we could start with pointing him to the direction of grammar. However I found it very dull & boring reading that wall of text. I must see pictures to see your potential. Honestly the terrain itself will be enough to intrigue me if its good.

I know my English sucks, but as long as people can understand what I wanted to say, it's fine.

Yes it was boring, reading that wall of text. That why people invented different fonts, text size, colors and other same-like shits. I don't see problem here, that's critic and I will say it again, his project presentation looks horrible bad, and if he want to get more attention he must try harder.

Yes I must see screenshots to judge someone work. Maybe you need to play map first, but I don't. You know, you can write how you have like 200 different and unique features in your map, but there is no real prof, until you show some screenshots or even video.

"Yeah screenshots are just about terrain." Are you listening to yourself?
But let's ignore this stupid sentence, so even if he wanted to present simple map terrain, it's more than enough to show project potential.

Dude, dunno what you wanted to achieve with that comment, your post didn't help author and/or community...

If you have something against me, or want to ask me something contact me in thw chat, using VM, PM or any other way. Don't ruin someone thread.

Aren't you a jolly fella?

First off, do not mention drugs. (main post)
Secondly, insults are prohibited and insults of this volume even more.

-Kobas- was a former map moderator and he knows what he's talking about: He has given you some useful advice, your wall of text will not impress anyone.
As you can see, hundreds of other threads are created in Map Development and you should at least make some effort and visualize your ideas a bit more. What you've posted right now is an idea, a concept, but nothing to support it, no media, no nothing. People are not even sure of your modding skills, so chances of them helping you with your ambitious project are even lower.
If you cannot even take Kobas' post into consideration, then there will be no point in continuing this thread.
Both your posts have been deleted.

Last edited:
Level 16
If you do plan on adding pictures. I recommend adding the mini-map icon. So people can get a good idea of how much work you've put in so far.

ae09c9.png

No I'm not telling you about my project.

24115177.jpg

edit: I know my English sucks, but as long as people can understand what I wanted to say, it's fine.

Wasn't talking about yours.

Stop using your phone then. If you are making a map of ANY sort it's not on the phone. Use the computer and fix the attitude a notch.

What he means is that he is using his phone to type about this and do you know any phone that can use warcraft or even the world editor?

What does he have to fix about his attitude? I think people refer to it as a joke.

Edit:I see he has had two of his posts deleted but I think as long as it doesn't become a habit we should just share an interest in his project.

I think this sounds very ambitious and something that will be large on file size and imports. One thing that would be good is a market system or trade system similar to the video games.

Level 30
The game looks good base from your description. But I think you should improve your descriptions by using BB Codes. Look on the other threads and you'll see what I mean and also try to ask them how they made that amazing introduction.

Overall, fine but improve your description =) +3 REP and lets remove that negative REP!

Level 7
@footman
that is exactly what Lordkoon said. He said that he should go to the computer and upload it. we all know you cant do itcfrom phone

gl with the project

If you can, try out the beta i just uploaded. Give some feedback, it'd be much appreciated :)

Im..not sure what that means haha it was approved. In the approved section of the 'Maps' Column.

Oops, it's pending i believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Don't triple post.

Please improve your First Post, for now the text is hurting many people to read (me as well), consider -Kobas' suggestion fella.

Thank you for the advice! No offense toward you, but I rather chew off the fingers of my left hand then associate with -Kobas- haha if you have another suggestion, I'll definitely use that. Thanks btw!

Level 9
Did anyone ever play Morrowind? The Elder Scrolls III? That was my favorite game of all time back in the day. I would play for hours and never get bored. The kind if game that made you stop only because you needed code red Mr dew or food hahaha I want to take everything great about Morrowind and create a glorious, epic RPG. Now, I have multiple continents chained so that each area has significantly higher level creatures or characters. However, I did not want this to restrict a player from exploring. A few quests for House Hlaalu have been established. Multiple misc. quests and a questline for the three vampire clans and the werewolves each of which a player may become if he or she so chooses. I'm aiming for about 22 characters you can play from though, seven, including the vampire and werewolf are the only ones completed so far. You can catch diseases which have different effects and consume herbs which grow naturally. A beautiful landscape has been constructed and each region has its own special characteristics. You may travel from each main city by Silt Strider or through normal means. You can hire mercenaries to accompany you, pets and horses. Soothing ambient music is played in most regions. A few dungeons have been setup. There are creep respawn, item stacking, vampire burning, and werewolf transformation systems. All I need is help creating quests, city decoration, save/load system, and keep in mind this is a Single Player RPG, minor terraining, and major testing/balancing. I am working with about three other guys along with Black Hand Industries. PM me for info or any questions. Thanks!
Holy Jesus... I LOVED AND STILL LOVE MORROWIND!!!! It was my favorite game of all time, and I have been just waiting for someone to do something like this. You don't know just how excited I am that you are doing this!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Level 7
Thank!

Holy Jesus... I LOVED AND STILL LOVE MORROWIND!!!! It was my favorite game of all time, and I have been just waiting for someone to do something like this. You don't know just how excited I am that you are doing this!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I like the enthusiasm! Haha Thanks, if you have any ideas, I'd certainly be welcome. And have you played the beta?

Level 9
have you played the beta?

I can't find where it is :((((((((((((

EDIT1: Do you think this would help?:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind

And This?:

http://www.uesp.net/maps/mwmap/mwmap.shtml

EDIT2: One of the best parts about morrowind was that you could do almost anything, and every item was stealable, so you could make evry item from the UTM or download the models seperately. I figured out a while ago how to do a bounty system, so you could do that to. And/or make beasts have the wander ability until they are attacked. And every foe drops everything it had that was equipped and in inventory.

Level 7
Great Ideas

I can't find where it is :((((((((((((

EDIT1: Do you think this would help?:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind

And This?:

http://www.uesp.net/maps/mwmap/mwmap.shtml

EDIT2: One of the best parts about morrowind was that you could do almost anything, and every item was stealable, so you could make evry item from the UTM or download the models seperately. I figured out a while ago how to do a bounty system, so you could do that to. And/or make beasts have the wander ability until they are attacked. And every foe drops everything it had that was equipped and in inventory.

That's exactly what I'm talking about haha your ideas are most welcome, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.