• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Vampire the Masquerade: World of Darkness with Storyteller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
RPG Vampire the Masquerade: World of Darkness with Storyteller(with Pics)

Map is ready for testing. Go check it out at this link:

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4048

Now the Main Project:

OK! I first thought of this map after playing LOAP. I really like the idea, but I was thinking that there was something better to do with terraining. Then I really enjoyed the models and the idea of WC3 Underworld game. Then I remembered how great was the pc game Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption multiplayer options. I also played the pc game Bloodlines of wich I liked the ambiance.

Myself I have played the Whitewolf's Pen and Paper game. So an idea started to germinate in my mind: what if I did an adaptation in WC3 of Vampire the Masquerade: World of Darkness with Storyteller possibilities. Could be fun to play online. But then you need a save/load system ect.

This was like about 3 months ago. Now after many many hours of work, and solitude... pleasurable ones sometimes LOL I am almost done with the project.

I will explain you the basic Idea and what is left to be done.

1) The map features all the basics of the pen and paper game and try to immerse you in the fictionnal world created by Whitewolf.
2) You have the choice of playing : 1- A Vampire Hunter or 2- A Vampire or 3- A werewolf.
3) You have access to alll the 13 different clans.
4) All races have there respective strenghts and weaknesses according to the World of Darkness Storyline. So being a vampire mean you have to beware the sunlight and feed on blood. A werewolf regenerates real fast and a human relies on technology, magic and some spells granted by their faith.
5) Vamps can choose between Camarilla, Sabbat, Anarchs or Independant faction.
6) Werewolfs are the gardians of nature.
7) And humans.. well there are freeking out in front of those monstruosities.
8) AND most of all you have a player that can become the Storyteller and create ingame units with an easy wisp placing system and have the choice to affect game in multiple ways by entering commands in chat message.
9) A save/load system to keep track of your fictionnal character player.

So if you have a creative Storyteller, imaginative and somewhat patient players to wait for the story, intrigues and quests to take place, well you can have a great time evolving in this virtual mini-world of a WC3 custom map :eek:)

I have completed about 90% of the map.

I have some boring suff left to do like finding names for heroes, finishing all the spells and giving them to respective creeps, adding some trigger to spice up the game play. Fix the remaining bugs. Find the missing credits (yep lost all this the last time my computer crashed)

So in about two weeks I might just be able to upload a Beta Version on the site.

Meanwhile here are some screenies! Enjoy

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot1.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 784
  • WC3ScrnShot2.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 635
  • WC3ScrnShot3.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 885
  • WC3ScrnShot4.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 902
  • WC3ScrnShot5.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 594
  • WC3ScrnShot6.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot6.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 720
  • WC3ScrnShot7.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot7.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3,475
  • WC3ScrnShot8.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot8.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,570
  • WC3ScrnShot9.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot9.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,274
Last edited:
Level 45
tsk tsk, wow model, i dislike that....

your map sounds good though, although its not exactly original. Goodluck and if you need names heres a list:

Werewolfs:
Grall
Slashor
Grimtooth
Moonblood
Grawlkin
Clawpin
Razorfang
SnarlTooth
Bloodluster
Howler
Gorelean
Grimsabre

and thats it, pretty ..um...blant my suggestions, but thats all i cant think of atm.

Level 4
Yeh I didnt look at all the screenshots, thanks Grom!. I dont know much about the game your map is based off of but I got good information on Werewolves and a bit about Vampires, so If you want help I would be happy too comply.

Level 7
My work is almost done. I should finish all spells this coming weekend, then I will work on names for heroes and adding some more triggers.

By the way Cavman, I should have your military guy model in my map as a Vampire Hunter.

Durgon, thanks for the offer. Actually what I mostly need is information about Hunter the Reckoning regarding vampire hunters. It is he only thing on wich I lack informaiton.

Level 7
Is this based off of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

If it is, then I know I'll like the game, caus along with Blizzard, Troika is my favorite company of all time ;)

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Oh sweet big fan of vampires bloodlines i love the malkavian clan, gangrel comes second but im more of a werewolf guy than a vampire!!!
Impressive i´ll be playing it on bnet for sure.
I hope to be able to challenge the creator and mr cavman!!

Hmmm ok i guess...

Well. Im a vampire lover (hence the name, hehe) but id like to know what vamp models and vamp spells are being used id like to see that. This Ghollbine character looks good but there is somthing missing. He(or she!?) does not strike me as a vicious blood-sucker, but aw well, it good enough. It also seems that these vampires and werewolfs are stacked compared to humans. What are humans role or "special abillity" in this map? I guess ill have to wait and see for myself ;).
(storyline sounds awsome BTW!)

Last edited:
Level 7
OK. Things are going fine in development, although I am getting less patient as time goes. I just want't to see it finished now.

Yes I inspired myself from Bloodlines and Redemption, but they are themselves inspired from Whitewolf Old WOD pen and paper game. Of wich of course I took from. But don't forget that although in this map you will be able to face off other teams, it will have a story only if you have a good storyteller ingame.

The vampire in WOD are part of the Masquerade, they are not all looking like bloodthursting vampires. Some try to maintain a more human looking like in Anne Rice vampires. But there are some freaks LOL that go by their montruous nature or inner beast.

About the clans and disciplines (spells) I am going with the Old World of Darkness as I find it more interesting.

Here are links to site that have been real usefull:

http://members.aol.com/SilasMcbth/index2.html
http://users.adelphia.net/~tremerebrittany/rpgvampire/disciplines/index.html

I will have the 13 most common clans and Gargoyle and Kue-Jin for users to play.

About Werewolves. I am really tight on models and skins has the maximum map size is 4 mb for multiplay. So I don't have much models. You can play 3 werewolfs types. But regarding them I did not respect the Whitewolfs disciplines and tribes. I only inspired myself from them.

Same for Hunters. What I need though is information on Vampire Hunters by Whitewolf. I really lack info about them.

See ya

Last edited:
Level 4
Well than, since i probably wont be on when its released, I congradulate you. I hope too play this awsome game very soon. Once again good job! (I already know its awsome cause it has werewolves) :p

Level 7
I am presently working on finalizing the map. I can say it is like about 98.5 % complete. Actually finding an average of 11 names per hero is taking a toll on my time. The online name generators don't even have enough sound combinations!

I am still going to respect a release date for a viable beta. So I confirm that I will release the beta by this sunday even if I probably will not have completed the item save-load part.

Being a beta I will have to touch up the map in upcoming weeks. Also regarding the beta players feedback.

So untill sunday!

Level 7
Just updated to version 1.1. It fixes a few bugs.

Please judge this game as a real RPG similar to pen and paper game needing a Dungeon Master, Game Master or Storyteller. Only the storyteller as access to Storyteller commands. If you want to play without storyteller leave the slot empty.

Level 5
I know I am 16 years late for this project, but someone should continue it, The Masquerade is an amazing game, and this concept is great too.

Got the map at epicwar, it looks good, but guess you can not ally, and everything is left to the storyteller to do, a more self sufficient version like the map 11th Vampire would be great.

BTW 11th Vampire also got a few elements from the Masquerade.

Status
Not open for further replies.