• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The.... Idk.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well I finally got Warcraft III working again! Wooooot
Anyway I just saw Avatar and I was inspired to make a quick little scene....
Let me just say, halfway through making it I relized it was going to look nothing like avatar.
What I got instead... was this:
Comment and give some constructive criticism. thnx

Attachments

• Foreset-1.JPG
    Foreset-1.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Forest-2.JPG
    Forest-2.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 194
Level 6
I have to say I don't like the..... fire.... sacrifice... stand thing.
One because I'm not sure what it is, and two because it doesn't really fit, the candles make it too much like an undead cult thing. I guess you want something interesting there, so put a little house/hut or just make that thing more of a bonfire, no candles. The skull also adds to its cultus look.

*Edit* I now realize the tree that is really close to the camera point is what makes the image lose its color scheme. The front tree isn't affected by your pink fog/sky.

Level 6
what could i replace the wierd firepit with?

well im assuming your saying its a firepit then, I think the firepit is ok, just use a different model. without the candles and skull, you could do more of a bonfire, with wood stacked and burning or scrap the fire as center point completely. You could have....... Idk, like a hobbit hole type of built into landscape thing, a fishermans hut... or his boat pulled up onto land... or some sort of artifact, or a tree that is.... white (o_O)... idk but the fire was and is a good idea man.

Level 6
Haha, I feel you, the sky is great btw, well I think you should remove the skull and candles, so its plane bonfire and it'll make more sense, great terrain, i just checked your other terrains, great job.
(side note, i clicked ur damn rick roll)

Level 18
2 things :

1) the sky is great. Keep it

2) the tree needs to be more apparent, and the forest more denser like the movie. remmember it was a crazy colorful jungle. so you might want to make that tree more epic. use the world tree model and add some trees into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.