• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Champion of the Gods RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello All,
I've been working on a Single Player RPG Map and it's got to a stage where I feel that I should get some other people's opinons of it and also ask them to find bugs in it.
It outlines most of the systems the map will utilize.I haven't put credits on it yet, but pan to do so nearer the end of the project.
So here it is Champion of the Gods RPG, for you to scrutinize and comment on

Constructive Criticism Much Appreciated
~Mun'ki

Attachments

• Champion of the Gods RPG 1.0.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 103
Level 7
I have to say, when I saw this thread I wasn't expecting a map of this quality. Good job for that!

So I did Male,Troll,Psion and here's what I gotta say so far.

Concussion - Seemed to stun a skeleton...forever? Is that intentional?
Astral Thingy - Did nothing at level 1. Is that intentional?!

You need to turn of the cinematic trigger, so that it doesn't replay itself whenever you step into the start part of the forest.

You don't lose exp. when you die.

Astral Construct uses the same hotkey as attack, which makes things frustrating.

As I was playing, it randomly said you allies hero has fallen, saying it was an elf EDIT: and a human. Is that for story reasons, or a glitch?

When I was supposed to respawn next to the dwarf, I instead respawned in the city magically.

I'll post more as I play through the game. It's actually pretty hard.

Level 5
The Concussion and Astal Construct things I'm working on.
Exp, I have no idea why you don't lose, thinking of removing.
I think the dead human thing is when a NPC Wanders into the North Road and gets killed by Bandits, I'll make it so they can't leave.
And the Dwarf thing, I also have no idea why that doesn't work, I'll work it out.
Thanks for your post

Level 7
I would suggest taking the exp. loss out, and just losing more gold. The game is pretty hard, and I think you may have to die a couple of times before you can seriously be strong enough to take on anything.

Level 5
Hi Guys, Sorry I haven't been on, have had no computer access for 3 days, anyhow, I'm aiming to have a main storyline thats should take a moderate amount of time, but with side quests, like in oblivion to answer SanKakU's Question.
And I'm probably going to try and reduce the difficulty.

Level 5
I know someones going to shout at me for double posting, but I didn't feel I should edit a post to upload the updated version of the map.
Should've fixed most of the things that were pointed out except the permanent stun

Attachments

• Champion of the Gods RPG 1.0.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.