• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Haunted Caves v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
User who uploaded this Presents

The Haunted Caves
Map Created by ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿ ๖ۣۜRaven
Game idea Created by Ori

Map Info

Main objective of this game is to get out from the Labyrinth.
There are four different exit doorways which open only when Ghost capture a player and start to consume him. Then all other players will have 20 seconds to get out from Labyrinth before Ghost kills captured player. After Ghost kills a player, doors will close and he will need to catch another player for door open. When there will be at least one surviving player, two special keys will start spawning. Last surviving player must find both keys and combine them into the one Universal Key which can open any doors in labyrinth. But he will have a limited time 3 minutes, before ghost catch him. Through the game there will be spawn of random items which can help players to betray each other and leave them for ghost. Spawn time is once every 4 seconds. Special keys for Last Stand have 10 seconds spawn time.

Thats all, enjoy and subscribe :)

Features

Large underground arena called Labyrinth,
17 different kind of items,
Custom music on the background,
Target lock camera for better atmosphere

I highly Recommended 5-7 players when one will play Ghost.
I had big troubles with creating AI for Control Ghost so i decided that it will be better when Ghost will be controlled by a Player.
So this map is not for singleplayer. There must be at least 1 survivor and 1 Ghost.

Added:
  • Added 4 new items
  • Added 1 inventory slot for Ghost
Fixed:
  • Increased survivor mana regen from 0.50 to 1
  • Increased keys spawn time from 5 to 10 seconds
  • Fixed spell Consume
Changed:
  • Changed name of the map

Added:
  • Added destructible objects with item loot
Removed:
  • Removed Ghost 2 permanently
Fixed:
  • Fixed spell and item names to correct English
  • Fixed bug with mixed custom and default music
Changed:
  • Updated size of the map
  • Updated info about the map at game start
  • Updated item spawn locations

Special Thanks:
  • To Ap0calypse for helping me with some triggers
  • and to Shadowyzs with trigger idea and at least thanks to Hiveworkshop for tutorials.

Loading Screen:
  • ̿|̿ ̿ |̶ ̶ ̶ ̶| |̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ͇̿ Wracker with creating loading screen.

Author's notes

This is my first playable map that i've created. Im still learning all editor features so don't expect something big from this. Anyway, enjoy this map :)
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Escape and Survive
Contents

The Haunted Caves v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
15:43, 28th Mar 2013 Orcnet: radicool's review
Level 16
I'm sorry, I didn't really enjoy this map.

• The objective was not very clear. For a casual player who just joins the game for a break from dota, will be as confused as I was. You need to pause the game at the start or something and briefly describe the game.
  • For a game that is heavy on exploring, the environment was pretty poor. There needs to be a more interesting environement. You can still create a maze like map without it being a bunch of boring walls.
  • There was default Human music playing over the custom music you put in. Nononononon, that sounds dreadful. Fix it please.
  • You can make more hiding places for the keys. Create a lot more regions, then have the keys set to random regions. This allows you to control the spots its put in. One of my keys was just in the path on the way to the portal. Silly. Also, you could hide keys in shrubs and things. Think of creative ways to hide it, instead of a maze and the keys being in the corners.
  • I just played single player, and it displayed "victory" as soon as I entered the portal. I'm not sure since I only played single player, but you should display a message saying "Players 1 came first", and allow him to watch the rest find the keys or something. I'm not a big fan of games just forcing you to exit after its over. Its nice to see the scores, or stay and talk for a bit.
  • The abilities wern't in English. I think the Hive only allows maps and descriptions in English. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
  • The size of your map is kind of massive. Big file size = bad. Here, replace the files in your important manager with the ones I've attached below. And remove the "Old Loading Screen". Your not even using it!

Attachments

• FullScreen New.blp
    441 KB · Views: 97
  • Audiomachine - Lachrimae.mp3
    633.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Amazing DOUBLE HANG ACTION ( Danny Cudd ) ( HD ).mp3
    494.1 KB · Views: 101