• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Gorge's Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
My newest terrain: The Gorge's Guardian

Hope you enjoy it and comment on it.

Tell me what you think, and feel free to give useful critiques, too :grin:

Update1: Atteched are both pictures to show the update, in the HiddenTag only the new version, please keep commenting, it helps a lot

attachment.php

Attachments

• TheGorge'sGuardian.jpg
    TheGorge'sGuardian.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 228
  • TheGorge'sGuardian2.jpg
    TheGorge'sGuardian2.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Level 14
Personally i love the trippin' colors, but overall its very bland, you could infact use the northrend tree walls and scale them down and then put them into the ground and make dark\dead bushes out of them. This will create a more complete look, along with Piwladys suggestion.

Level 23
Thank you both for commenting, you're right, i was so curious about making the light effects, that I forgot to add the basic stuff like shrubs and so on, I'll update this soon!
I would be happy with some more suggestions for the next update ;)

plus rep to you both!

Level 10
you know looking at that i had an idea that i haven't seen done before and wounder why, i agree it is missing basics but the lighting looks like there are two suns, and why not make two suns it would be something different.

Level 19
Hey Morbid,
You're getting better and better... and better.
The terrain here is nice. Not completely awesome, but I can see you are improving.
I think for your skills this is a pretty nice thing.
Looking forward to see your next terrain.

Level 13
I don't like these rocks at all maybe use a different one and one with snow or something. Also to me maybe this just me but I get the feeling that their is nothing in the back like the edge of the world maybe add some far back to get rid of that. Rest is nj.

looks quite nice. Since you already know, how great this terrain is, here the things which can be improved:
  • to start with, lower those two rocks (in the water), so those flat stone things aren't visible
  • then, add something into the water, a fish, or something like that
  • make the statue a bit bigger, since you want it to be one of your main aspects
  • maybe a small bridge (really small), so that the middle part isn't as empty as it is now
  • maybe a small part of the bottom left side of the terrain with some additional moria doodads?

Level 4
Quite good. I think the back is little empty and on the first picture look carefully at the rocks I saw 2-3 floating and picture 2 the columns on the left have a mistaken lighting ... well I don't know how to say it but I think you got the point.

Level 36
As Syltman says, those rocks doesnt look good. I would suggest you try out the steinlord, highres or that pack from xgm for good rocks to use. Appart from that your ruins dont make much sense, and not in a very good way. The part on the left side seems rather spammed, and the stairs on the right look strange. I would also daresay that the shine on the water from the setting sun is a bit off, considering it should be angled in a straight line towards the camera instead of diagonally like it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.