• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Golden Hall Meduseld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I'm missing the terrain actually...
However did you make that building with really small doodads? or is it just a model?.. kinda confused...

Level 15
Yeah I watched em (slow loading lol). Really cool, looks very much like the original LotR one. But really, it's just a building and a hill, it's nothing else. And you made this in a little less than a year? xD Nah, I know you just haven't been working on it. Anyway I think you should do a complete terrain before posting it here, unless it's a W.I.P ofc, but what I understand that's finished. ^^

Level 4
I'm missing the terrain actually...
However did you make that building with really small doodads? or is it just a model?.. kinda confused...

Well, the walls are wooden peasant graves, tilted slightly and stretched out. The roof is made of a roof from a modelpack on w3campaigns and human farms. And the pillars/corridor stuff is a model resembling the moria pillars from lotr from w3campaigns. The golden O is a doodad tilted to the side and colored gold. The horses heads are a wild horse model wich I stopped from moving with triggers. The wall behind the horses heads is a doodad, colored brown.

Yeah I watched em (slow loading lol). Really cool, looks very much like the original LotR one. But really, it's just a building and a hill, it's nothing else. And you made this in a little less than a year? xD Nah, I know you just haven't been working on it. Anyway I think you should do a complete terrain before posting it here, unless it's a W.I.P ofc, but what I understand that's finished. ^^

Yeah I worked on it for a day and then didn't for a month and then worked on it again etc.
Now I decided to make edoras complete, so I'm adding walls and more buildings.
I just never complete anything and I was so proud of it that I posted it. :p

Level 19
Well, the walls are wooden peasant graves, tilted slightly and stretched out. The roof is made of a roof from a modelpack on w3campaigns and human farms. And the pillars/corridor stuff is a model resembling the moria pillars from lotr from w3campaigns. The golden O is a doodad tilted to the side and colored gold. The horses heads are a wild horse model wich I stopped from moving with triggers. The wall behind the horses heads is a doodad, colored brown.

Well I really like what you did there then. But I wouldn't call this terrain yet.
But still you deserve +rep since it's a nice idea and you kinda inspired me with it.

Level 36
I'm going to see about making a rule that you have to attach your images to your post in JPG or PNG format. Anyways, I finally bothered to wait 5 minutes for the images to load, they're kinda nice, but it looks like a WIP. I'd like to see some trees and a nice environment around it :D

Level 6
uummm k y did i waste 30 seconds of my life waiting for this image to load? its a building a BUILDING not a terrain, at least i couldnt call this a terrain. Im sure in the movie there are some rocks(not tiled rocks) and grass on the mountain and im sure the mountain is a mountain and not a hill? Im almost positive that there should be rolling hills in the background.

Level 14
What doodad did you use to make this thing?

Attachments

• papdgaablquest.jpg
    papdgaablquest.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 1,592
Status
Not open for further replies.