• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Titans; The golden age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone. I decided to pick up warcraft 3 and the editor again.

Im looking for more players interrested in creating an epic Greek mythology rpg.

It is called “War of the Titans; The golden age” (for now)

Im greatly inspired by games such as; Age of mythology (even tho its a rts) Titan Quest, Warcraft 3's own map: The Black Road, among others.

In ancient times during the Golden Age, long before we humans first set foot in lands of Greece; There existed an almost immortal race of deities; the Titans.

They reigned destruction of this once peaceful world. The Twelve olympians succeded in defeating the titans and sealing them under the earth

Now thousands of years later, we humanoids were summoned onto these lands To once again seal away the titans under the earth.

Fight mystic lore Enemies such as the nemeian lion, Cereberos, gorgons, centaurs, colossuses, medusas, sirens, cyklopes, minotaurs, Satyrs and many more Creatures in thrilling fights

* A well developed story for the main quest chain.
* Birthmarks/Worships
* New magically enhanced items and sets.
* Accurate Mythology
* Craftable items
* Guilds and Factions
* Weight on Team play and team challenges

* Every character should become unique, in more ways than just the gear.
* Combo-Spells (Explained below)

I want some of the class Spells to be Combo abilities. Take the pandarens ability where he spits Alcohol (drunken haze?) so that his ignite spell hits for more. Same thing could go for a mage using a spell to freeze the target, then use a spell to shatter the target (Seen those roses dipped in liquid nitrogen? They shatter) Get the Concept?

The goal is to create and Rpg/Orpg that makes a player explore every aspect of the game

Players will be able to follow some of these events;

* Follow Theseus Journeys to Minos and meet the minotaur in the Labyrinth
* See what is hidden within Pandoras Box
* Help hercules break the unbreakable adamanite chains holding Prometheus in torment
* Investigate the hades river and the underground were Persephone is hold hostage by hades.
* Defeat the three Erinnyes, Tisiphone, Megaera, and Alecton so that the villagers of greece no longer have to be punished and become driven into madness and mental sickness

...And many more events. (Note: that a a great amount of Custom events will happen aswell)

Sylvan Nymph
Spawn of Gaia (Gaea)
Battlepriest
Oracle
Monk
Naturalist/entropy sorceress
Seeker (archer)
Tempest knight
Avenger

attachment.php

oh gawd there should be a dot between "Nymph" and "Enemies"

attachment.php

Blizzard cliffs. oh noes.

Added some new systems;
* Creep respawn
* paladon
* Equipment system using spellbooks.

Imported possible models and skins

Writing concept and main Questline.

To end this. I didnt want to post more info that this since i want you to be part of the project, meaning that i dont wanna come up with everything on the forehand. i just created a basic concept that might work.

Got loads of ideas in my head right now, but i feel that i want to discuss them with someone to create a map that is gonna be unique in its own way.

Currently looking for:

* Concept maker (Concept, gameplay, story, hero ideas)
* Terrainer to create a neat looking greek-ish landscape

Feel free to contact me.

Attachments

• GAEA_Hero.JPG
    GAEA_Hero.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 259
  • sum spells.JPG
    sum spells.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well the idea seems good, but what years are you talking about during the game world (EX: 256 BC, 2010 AD, etc...) and what type of world would it be, yes I know it's ours, but what allows the humans to be something like a Sylvan Nymph, Spawn of Gaia, etc... and how did they learn to use magic, such as your "Grove of Brains" spell.
xP, basically I'm saying that you should explain this sort-of-thing or else people will think that things won't make sense.

~There you go 1st comment =)

Level 2
Yeah i know i should upload more of a background story. The thing is that, we are not talking about any years for that matter, i wanna take the best pieces from all of the greek mythology and put them together in a campain. I want to Create my "Own" Story around this subject. (if you get what i mean)

People should be able to meet some of the heroes of greece (Perseus, Theseus, Bellerophon, Atlanta, Heracles, Meleager ex.) even tho that they dont match in the line of time.

This opens up with more of a story for me to create.

What allows to have ceirtain classes to be non-human is the basic fact that its a fantasyworld, just like the greek mythology is. Each Class will have their own background story.

Im just looking for someone to discuss all this with too make a thrilling story out of.

Last edited:
Level 2
well if you want someone to discuss and have some help and ideais you can talk to me and i will be glad to help you in anything you want

Level 3
i can help too i really love something with titans xD i really love Age of Mith....
im good map maker (terain) i can help

Level 3
Hm, if you could give me a better idea of "greek-ish terrain", then I may be showing some interrest in this.
I'm pretty good at out-door terrains, I work a lot with that myself..
If, by greek-ish, you refer to terrain such as in Titan Quest, then I can easily do that.

EDIT:
Here's some of my work on an old project;
http://www.gamingcraft.net/forum/showthread.php?t=759

- it's all out-door, so have a look if you want to.

Level 2
Hm, if you could give me a better idea of "greek-ish terrain", then I may be showing some interrest in this.
I'm pretty good at out-door terrains, I work a lot with that myself..
If, by greek-ish, you refer to terrain such as in Titan Quest, then I can easily do that.

EDIT:
Here's some of my work on an old project;
http://www.gamingcraft.net/forum/showthread.php?t=759

- it's all out-door, so have a look if you want to.

Hey, thanks for the response.

First of all i want the terrain to feel like your walking around in the old greek world. Ofcourse it's gonna be a fantasy world. So we cant only create that greek terrain, otherwise it would get boring (atleast so i think)

But imagine temples in ruins (its a war going on)
An Old Forrest with a swamp?

Level 3
Hey, thanks for the response.

First of all i want the terrain to feel like your walking around in the old greek world. Ofcourse it's gonna be a fantasy world. So we cant only create that greek terrain, otherwise it would get boring (atleast so i think)

But imagine temples in ruins (its a war going on)
An Old Forrest with a swamp?

Hm, that sure is a possibility. May need a special request for the temples in ruins, unless you know where to find neat models for it.
But uh, I'll talk to you through PM/msn and we'll see what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.