• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The game was not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I continuously get this error message when hosting some maps, like Halo CTF and WoRP.

5frero.jpg

So, wtf?
I searched it on google and other people are having the same problem.

Level 13
No, the reason is: The filename is to long or has invalid characters.
Change it to test and try again. It should work.

Sure :/

If the name is too long normally warcraft does not even display the map in the selection.

Try playing it in single player. If that works its not the return bug (the new wc3 version).
If it is not displayed in single player mode you need to rename the file.

If the name is too long normally warcraft does not even display the map in the selection.
You know that the problem is not a general problem and some people can host maps which filename is tons longer then the maximum? Then those players can play the map, the others not.

Do that dark said and if that doesn't help you can always ask for further help.

Level 3
Your Warcraft 3 version isn't up to date, are you sure you're using the same version you used back when the map worked ?

Level 8
I've had the same problem before, for me there were a few triggers that were causing the problem. Just go through a trial-and-error process, delete triggers and try the map until you eventually find the triggers that, when deleted, cause the map not to work, then go into those triggers and find the strings that are causing the map not to work. It takes a while but it solves the problem

Level 5
For you guys saying the filename is too long, look at my screenshot. if "Halo CTF v4.5b" is too long, theres something seriously wrong because I can host games with much longer filenames.

@ My version: It's obviously up to date, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play on bnet. And I already know I have patched 1.24b

Level 4
Surprised nobody wrote this:

The patch 1.24b was released to fix coding that actually broke most of the maps, making them unable to play and shows up "The game was not found." error. The only way to play it is to revert back to the 1.24 version. I believe there's a download somewhere, not remembering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.