• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game was not found>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So if I understand correctly, you added spells to your map, at which point a game could no longer be found when hosted on battle.net.

As I find this mildy strange, first check if anything changed in your network/firewall/router settings - that's most often the cause.

Second, check if you are able to succesfully host other maps (try more than just one map, including standard melee maps).

---

If you still haven't found any issues there, then revert to a backup before you added those spells (you do have a backup right?).

Test then, does it work? If it does, add the spells one by one and you'll find which one causes the problem.

Level 15
Ive been workin on my map, and have hosting it countless times to test, and all works fine. Until i imported a few spells and now it dont work. I researched this and know it could be because of a Syntax error but i need help plz!

Probably you imported Jass spells which could require Newgen editor to work or other libraries...if you told me the error you get,or the spells you imported i think i will be able to help you.

Level 8
Alright i found it, it was this spell: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...246/?prev=search=live%20disortion&d=list&r=20

I used Newgen to import it. And this is all to strange because i hosted a version with this spell on B.net to test the new hero out (which uses the spell) and i found some bugs i had to fix with the game, so i went back to the map and fixed some things in the object editor, used map protector, and hosted, and it said game was not found. I didnt do anything in the object editor that would make that error, (i dont even think its possible anyways)

Level 15
Alright i found it, it was this spell: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...246/?prev=search=live%20disortion&d=list&r=20

I used Newgen to import it. And this is all to strange because i hosted a version with this spell on B.net to test the new hero out (which uses the spell) and i found some bugs i had to fix with the game, so i went back to the map and fixed some things in the object editor, used map protector, and hosted, and it said game was not found. I didnt do anything in the object editor that would make that error, (i dont even think its possible anyways)

Hmmm,in your map optimizer do you enable the "optimize script" ? Maybe that's the problem,try optimizing your map without this and then try testing it.

Level 10
With patch 1.24 "Game Not Found" could refer to a number of things, I found that a lot of my older maps with Jass script can no longer be hosted, this is due to a lot of the "fixing" Blizzard has been doing to the editor causing some of the Jass functions to not work properly. Probably ones related to that "return bug"

The best and easiest way to fix this is removing the jass code, in this case the spell you imported. The spell you imported probably isn't compatible with patch 1.24. If you have the knowledge of how to do so you can edit the code so this bug no longer occurs, but as I don't know what's causing it I also don't know how to fix it. I probably wouldn't know how to fix it even if I knew the specific function, but I know other people have done it so it's possible.

Another known bug is that some optimizers will cause this to happen if you have certain options checked off, a prime example is Vex's Map Optimizer. I'm not sure what options cause this but if you play around with your optimizer's settings you can probably get it to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.