• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't Host Map: "Game Could Not Be Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a map project that I cannot host on battle net.

Whenever I try to host it I get this error: Game Could Not Be Found. I have never had this problem with any other project I have worked on, and the only reasons I can think of are: custom spell is somehow damaging the map file, VJass (Jass NewGen editor) has somehow currupted the map or one of the Spell Constructs has somehow caused the map to not function properly.

Level 11
My suggestion is to post the map. (Exactly as you wish to have it on b.net) That way we can test it ourselves. If it fails, I will attempt to verify the integrity of the map archive & files.

Level 11
Uploading the protected version is a good thing. Because your not planning on hosting the unprotected version right? So give us the map exactly like you want to post it. (In this case, probably the protected version)

Wierd, I got the error. Looking into it...

Found problem, multiple scripting errors. Make sure you update to the newest version of Jass New Gen Pack!

--Posted fixed & tested version

Attachments

• (8)Ultimate_Line_War_v0.06_Alpha.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Level 12
Thats a bug/thingie that occurs when:
- You use newgen editor
- You change the name of your map
- You only save the map once

Whenever you change the name, you save it twice, or you get that "game cannot be found" msg.

Level 11
Thats a bug/thingie that occurs when:
- You use newgen editor
- You change the name of your map
- You only save the map once

Whenever you change the name, you save it twice, or you get that "game cannot be found" msg.
That may be a bug, but that was not the problem in this case. This thread has been solved, and is in WEHZ Solved Problems, thus there is really no reason for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.