• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"The game was not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I make a map for Battle.net, and am going to test it there. This is a heavily moddified map btw, teetering on 3.9 MB full of tons of custom stuff. I can get it to work on occasion and play on battle.net, but I'm not really sure what I do to make it work.

I'm afraid I don't know where to turn for this. So I'm hoping the World Editor Help zone can give me infos.

I can play the game fine on single player, but it gives me this message on Battle.net when I try to host the game. I'm not sure what the problem even is. It's acting like I'm searching for a game, not loading one. Or perhaps there's some file path conflict? It's confusing, trully, and any help is appreciated.

[Solution] I found a solution over here thanks to that little tab at the bottom of the screen linking me to related threads. But also thanks to those here who attempted to find a solution.

Last edited:
Level 13
Yeah, see the map size is 3.99 MB, so I know I'm dancing on a sharp edge there. But if the file size was actually over the alloted 4MB it would give me a "The file size is too large" error. Instead I'm getting this "The game was not found" message.

I am doing a little bit of experimenting though to see if it's the actual file size that's causing. I can't remember what the file size was at the first time I got it, thought it was a low file size. But I don't recall getting the error with a map less than 3.9mb. It's worth looking in to I suppose, but it seems so odd.

Oh, and actually I have done that. Export the map's files and reimport them into a fresh version. The issue still arises again. It's an ongoing problem that rares it's ugly head.

Level 13
This problem seems to be happening again. Seriously, wtf? Why would a map do this for no reason? There's no special characters in the name, and the map is in the Maps folder. Hell I even named it TnZ. Yet somehow I'm the only one who has this issue ever? Then why is the problem universal, occuring with people even when I send the map to them?

And YES, I bumped/double posted. But the date and time between this post and my last post is a month and 20 days. Do NOT lecture me. I could have just as easily made a new post of the same bullcrap, and I don't think that's very productive.

Attachments

• TnZ DnD.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
Level 13
No, the game is 3.2mb. I've seen a LOT of maps bigger than 3.2mb. I attached the map... seriously, numerion, you're not even trying to be helpful. You're posting useless responses even after I've posted resources to demonstrate my issue, as though you haven't even looked at them. Stop spamming this thread.

You say there's bugs, and you can't even GIVE me examples of bugs that would cause a game to not work in multiplayer but function in single player.

You also mention the file size without even NOTICING the map I posted was 3.22mb. You try to tell me I can't host, when I can. You're being annoying and shouldn't post if you're not gonna even try to be helpful.

Level 6
Is the map you uploaded protected because I'm getting this error. When I try to open it in the editor.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.
Object: WERandomGroupSet (.?AUWERandomGroupSet @@)

But it appears to be a map size problem. Did you go over epic and try to run it in latest version by chance?

The map size says unknown when you go to host the multiplayer map.

Even if you didn't something seems to have corrupted your file info. Could be your map protector.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.