• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] The Font

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I intended on releasing this map this month but due to an unfortunate ruination of my laptop all of my progress has been lost, life has taken a complicating turn and I no longer have time to devote to a project, so I'm tossing out my idea in hopes of maybe one day it'll come to fruition.

The Font:
A 4 player defense/minigame

Gameplay:

1. Each player has one tower, this tower cannot be upgraded nor can additional towers be built, but instead each player must use the ability of their towers to survive an onslaught of enemies. A player tower will start at 150 mana each round but will use 3 per auto attack and 10 per ability, the racial special costs 75 mana. Each tower has it's own unique way of restoring mana passively and a powerful special to clear all enemies in their zone. At the end of each round the remaining mana of each tower is added to the player's score and then added to the font, once the font reaches 100% mana the game is over and the players win, ranked in order of mana contribution (overall score).
  2. Each wave spawns a set mob interval based on the difficulty. Points and spawns are as follows: 1 Point for swarm mobs that spawn 3 every 2 seconds (very weak but can overwhelm with numbers) 3 points for a normal mob which spawns 2 every 5 seconds (the base for damage and health), 6 points for an elite mob which spawns 1 every 7 seconds (strong), 10 points per boss mob that spawns 1 every 15 seconds (very difficult), as players progress through the wave additional mobs will spawn based on score until the player is overwhelmed and the tower is destroyed. Each wave should last about 2 minutes or until the tower is destroyed. and then be followed by a minigame, kill counter and survival bonuses should be implemented for incentives to not just afk and let your tower die at almost full mana.
  3. Minigames will be alternative ways to increase your mana at the start of each round.
  4. Races should have a unique way of restoring mana (Night elves have a chance to spawn a wisp on kill that returns to the tower but can be attacked and however much health % remaining restores up to 10 mana, undead gain 1 mana for each kill) and a special that's thematic to the race (night elf can starfall)
Idealistically the map shouldn't last more than 25 - 30 minutes but should have a lot of replayability and be enjoyable to 1 - 4 players, making the total mana required to energize the font scale per player.

Really looking forward to seeing a finished project if anyone picks this up. Thanks for the read and good luck all you mappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.