• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Five Rules of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
---------------------------------------------------------
1. Life is most probably meaningless. The only reason one should live is to have fun and enjoy.

2. People aren't special (the universe is impersonal). Live for your own sake.

3. Working towards any cause is a waste of time unless you enjoy working for that cause. This means that one should only ever do a job that they enjoy doing.

4. Being in a relationship (friendship or otherwise) with anyone is pointless unless you enjoy being with that person. By following this, people will enjoy your company as much as you enjoy their's.

5. Never go in contradiction with your own desires as doing so will make you live a life that you don't want.
----------------------------------------------------------

I think this sums it up pretty nicely ; ).

edit
3, 4, and 5 are principals ^_-.

1 and 2 can only be argued if you claim something like: you are the Galactic Knight sent on a mission from the universe.

Last edited:
Level 45
1. Life is absolutely meaningless. The only reason one should live is to have fun and enjoy.

2. Nobody is special (the universe is impersonal). Everyone is so insignificant and unimportant that the only reason they should be living is out of their own desire and drive.

3. Working towards any cause is a waste of time unless you enjoy working for that cause. This means that one should only ever do a job that they enjoy doing.

4. Being in a relationship (friendship or otherwise) with anyone is pointless unless you enjoy being with that person. By following this, people will enjoy your company as much as you enjoy their's.

5. Never go in contradiction with your own desires as doing so will make you live a life that you don't want.

Again with your pessimistic outlook on life that drulls everyone to the point you wonder why people are assholes to you.

1. Life doesnt have to have a purpose, and if you think a reason is "fun and enjoyment" then it isnt MEANINGLESS. You contradict yourself.

2. No, humans are pack animals, we are not "lone wolves", we crave structure, civility, society, purpose, religion and hierarchy to benefit eachother mutually, not "selfishly", humans are SOCIAL SENTIENT BEINGS. Otherwise we would all be extinct by now, thats why civilized societies exist, stop this pointless and pathetic notice people are nothing but things to be used for personal gain and the fact you think they are nothing put toys to play with, even though you solely crave social structure and attention at a gaming site.

3. Wrong, the purpose of doing/having a job you dislike is outcome, people dont do jobs for fun, its only a PLUS, they do it for money to benefit their lives and overall enjoyment, often socializing with others (movies, get togethers, dinners) than JUST their personal gain.

4. As I said, humans are social creatures, the point of relationships is to strengthen eachother than just "enjoyment", humans crave social structure and longing with another more than just enjoyment, but fulfillment of life and purpose, knowing you are mutually benefiting another more than just "fun".

5. Life is not controlled by desire, life is control by reactions within your environment, humans crave reaction, and not just desire. Without interaction/reaction, life is truly meaningless, if you think thats a desire, then fine. To live a full life, its both about the journey and outcome of your desires EVEN IF you dont meet them/they become contradicted.

bon appetite. Enjoy your proud-pessimistic no purpose filled nihilist life and stop being a negative attention seeker.

Level 31
As many opinions as there are people ^_-. Whether those opinions are subjective or objective is another matter, but ehhh =).

Also for future reference, there's no point in getting emotional or upset over anything I say, so save yourself the trouble and don't even bother unless it makes you feel better (rule #3 >: P).

Level 11
1. Life is absolutely meaningless. The only reason one should live is to have fun and enjoy.

Happiness and self fulfillment is the meaning of life (also you stated that life was meaningless then stated a reason why one should live in the same line, lolwut). So what if you can't have a massive, groundbreaking impact? If you are truly that ambitious, nothing will be able to truly make you feel fulfilled, and you won't ever find significant happiness. And honestly, if you want to be happier, try not moping around on a forums all day complaining about how life is oh so meaningless.

Also; just because your idea of happiness is living for and only for yourself, don't act like its a principle that applies to everyone.
4. Being in a relationship (friendship or otherwise) with anyone is pointless unless you enjoy being with that person.
Untrue. Having connections, ie: friendship, is useful depending on who the person is. It can lead to greater happiness, success, and fulfillment in life. Obviously, you probably don't want to go to far and surround yourself with people you dislike, but thats pretty self-evident.
Your basic impulsive desires (to be happy and enjoy yourself) can often be self destructive and cause you to end up living a life you never wanted to live (see: meth addicts). While its good to be happy and live life to its fullest, its not good to take unnecessary risks and do things that would cause you to be unhappy later on in life.

Life is complex. You can't simplify it into a couple general overriding principles without losing that complexity. You shouldn't apply the "be happy all the time forever" principle to all parts of life, because at times you may have to do things that don't make you happy for the purpose of greater happiness in the end.

Level 10
When I read the first rule, I thought this:

"Oh no, unfortunate choice of word. Someone will definitely call him pessimistic or emo or something right away. They doubtlessly see it as negativity"

I thought this because I KNEW to myself that Nestharius was NOT being negative. But I do admit that this first rule can be come to be misunderstood if you fall into the trap of its wording. It is worded like that to intrigue your curiousity and bring up the people who'd usually strike down on nihilism. It's meant to say: "HEY, a low life can still be a good life!" At least, that is the reasons I used the times when I've expressed those words. And I've never been in trouble for saying them. People always seemed to understand what I meant and saw it as a positive approach to life. Although my intuition always told me that if put into written words it could easilly be understood by those I'd usually regard as narrow-minded.
It's actually quite positive for some people to tell themselves: "There's no meaning. I may just have fun". I for one wouldn't have fun if it was for a reason. If things are for a reason, it's not always very fun, simply.

A better way of wording this might be: Meaning and reason are constructs of living creatures' emotions. And sometimes theyre (meaning and reason) quite relieving to be without for a minute.

Again with your pessimistic outlook on life that drulls everyone to the point you wonder why people are assholes to you.
And honestly, if you want to be happier, try not moping around on a forums all day complaining about how life is oh so meaningless.
I honestly don't understand THESE comments for a second. Nestharius, are you pessimistic and/or complaining? BECAUSE I have seriously sensed neither at any point. It's confusing how we read completely different emotions and messages into his words...

I kind of want to come with a similar emotional outburst in his defence, but since he doesn't do that, ...The rest EDITED AWAY

Last edited:
Level 30
I agree with nestharus that the only thing we should do is having fun and I agree on the second thing he said. Though, one must usually work for this. I don't know if your dad is a famous rockstar or a king, but mine sure isn't and I need to work for my future to make sure I'll be able to have fun (or at least not suffer). This sort of means I dissagree with the third thing you said.

This is where I dissagree hard. Being with people will make you feel better. As kimberly stated before, we are pack animals, meaning we enjoy having others around.
Besides, being unfriendly to people or ignoring people won't help you one bit.
They'll start to dislike you and turn against you, causing you to not be able to live life to the fullest.

We don't think black or white. We contradict ourselves more than we know from a pure logical point of view.

Level 31
lol, when i wrote that list, I was thinking in terms of logic. The first two are truths to me and the other 3 are principals I follow ^_-.

If life wasn't meaningless, people would not be free ; ).

The other three are principals I personally follow. For example #4. Being around people does the opposite of making me feel better, it actually irritates me and pisses me off. I can say with absolute certainty that being around any living thing annoys me. The only way it wouldn't annoy me is if that thing did nothing and said nothing (at which point I wouldn't mind). This probably has to do with the fact that most noise distracts me from my thoughts, making me unable to think. Furthermore, a lot of noise sounds disgusting to me, like people eating. I'm obviously someone who spends an inane amount of time thinking, so people talking ruins that all for me. This probably led me to hate being around everyone. In this way, since the fourth thing talks about being around people because you enjoy their company, I'm around nobody because I don't enjoy anyone's company. I make a point to avoid people ^_^. This concept was not made out of my own experience, but out of logic: why would someone be hanging around a person they detest? : P.

Like the above, the other two principals were also made off of logic and not experience. In this way, the principals of 3-5, which are subjective principals, may reach a lot of disagreement with a lot of people ^_^.

I apologize, I wasn't thinking when I posted them up. I wrote them out as rules of life I followed (which I actually do) for something else and figured it'd be an interesting topic on the forum : ).

And since my stance appears to be unclear, I have a neutral perspective on life ; P. I hate personal opinions and try to stay away from them as much as possible = ). Every opinion I make is one made entirely on logic, not on personal comfort. Using the above as an example, I didn't use my own life experience as grounds but rather logic: why would someone put themselves into a situation they didn't enjoy?

Level 45
I honestly don't understand THESE comments for a second. Nestharius, are you pessimistic and/or complaining? BECAUSE I have seriously sensed neither at any point. It's confusing how we read completely different emotions and messages into his words...

Try putting up with him in Hivechat, he constantly claims people are nothing to be used for besides as play things/toys, that being emotionless=happiness/content and that he constantly complains and puts pride in being a "loner" in the social life of people, this post links to his ideals he has posted in chat and previous threads. Its very irritating to put up with, such negativity.

Level 31
I do as well. I'm always fighting my own opinions. I rate a movie based on how well executed it was in relation to the director's goals rather than how much I actually enjoyed it in trying to keep away from personal opinions. I eat a plain slice of bread for meals. I do a lot of things to try, as best I can, to stay away from personal opinion.

Unless I say otherwise (for example, "in my opinion"), the things I write are derived entirely from logic ; P.

Level 6
1. Life is most probably meaningless. The only reason one should live is to have fun and enjoy.

I prefer...

1. Life is growth and pain. You learn and adapt. It is it's own reward.

2. Don't try to change the world. Make yourself the way you want the world to be.

3. Work to live, don't live to work.

4. Love is a two way street. Don't wast it on the unworthy.

5. Live free. If you can't live free then die free.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You really work your hardest to convince yourself you are right, don't you, Nestharus? "They are derived from logic, it's not personal" .. yeah, sure. Stop trying to apply your personal opinion, your personal logic, to everyone in hopes of fulfilling your dreams - that we're all useless and should all die. Because that's the impression I get from every single one of your posts.

I am one selfish bastard, I am, but your point of view is appalling to me. You literally don't want to give life a chance, because you have no faith that anything good is ever going to happen.

__
There can be no triumph without loss.
No victory without suffering.
No freedom without sacrifice.

Like I said, not a people-person.

In my opinion, there are no rules to life. Like you say yourself, life is meaningless and it should be fun and enjoyed. Well, doesn't that just contradict your whole post? If life is meaningless, and should be fun and enjoyed, then that means it isn't bound by rules and you shouldn't post wierd-ass impersonal philosophy as it is neither enjoyable nor fun to read(at least for me).

Level 3
1: The point to life and the afterlife, if there is one, is to simply exist...to experience.
2: People are generally the same, and when they're not...well, they make medication to fix that. There are exceptions to the rule...but they remain rare, and more so with each generation.
3: Agreed, and for those here whom disagree, I have a father and a step father who held the same mentality as you. They worked all their lives, and despite their constant struggling, their strong work ethic, they're now both old and see that they had wasted their life working it away. We are all but cogs in the machine that is society, you work avidly to struggle and make ends meet...thinking that one day it'll all pay off. When you realize it won't, you work towards a better life for your children...who ultimately fall into the same trap and become the shiny new cog to replace you when you've died. Again, there are accept ions...but we're not all Gene Simmons.
4: Understandable... I see no point in befriending those whom I have no interest in...I don't see why everyone here is disagreeing with said statement. We can all interact with people...that doesn't mean we have to care if they walk infront of a bus the next day.
5: Very much agreed, but I would have reworded it to say something along the lines of never live your life for others. You live your life for others, you'll often be let down and never be true to whom you are as a person...more often than not, you'll be used, walked over, and treated like shit because you are so quick to please.

Personally, I maintain a VERY small group of "friends", who mostly reside on the Internet. I avoid interaction on the more personal sense simply because, in my experience, most are either exceedingly fickle or deceptive...resulting in them being absolutely worthless to me. This simply isn't through personal experience, which would equate to the likelihood of me being an intolerable person, but also countless observations throughout the years. People are quick to betray, quick to lie, and rarely honest.

Few know what they want. Few are honest with what they want. I am very much a pessimist, one who always beliefs the worst will transpire rather than the best...it's been my experience throughout my life. However, I believe that to be a less mentally destructive way of thinking, a more practical way as well. You always expect the worst, and when it comes you're not so destroyed simply because you anticipated the outcome. When you're wrong, it makes it that much sweeter, that much more joyous.

Those whom are positive thinkers tend to bounce back pretty fast from a let down...but when it hits, they're truly destroyed for a while...because they got their hopes up.

Either way, my opinions of course.

Ultimately, I think your wording was poor...and that your view is far more positive than mine. You come off as a more carefree spirit whereas I am overwhelmingly pessimistic. Everything you said could have essentially been summed up with "Live your life how you see fit, you only presumably get one...so make it a blast" and it would have been seen as more positive and less negative.

Last edited:
Level 7
Wow, people are supremely judgemental here. Let him believe his own thoughts just as I believe mine. Don't worry, Nes. A lot of people on the Hive are good at judging others and looking for a scientific approach to everything besides a more open approach. But, if you don't like opinions, do not post a thread about it. A lot of people love to annoy others as much as they can with their opinions, and they will fight with you till the day you die about it. But, yeah, you just should not posts threads like this. Hell, I posted "Telepathy tutorial" and my thread got trolled because some did not believe it, and they flamed and flamed and flamed. But yeah, I think you get my point.

Level 9
Panda, please don't use other peoples threads as a platform for bitching and whining, if you really have a problem that you actually believe is flaming/trolling, and NOT PEOPLE TRYING TO CORRECT MISCONCEPTIONS, then report it to the hive, if you think the mods are in on it, go above their heads and go to an admin. Or just leave.

Level 8
wait a minute.. why post sumthing to talk about, if you dont want others opinions in the first place? i have to disagree to all the rules you listed.. Life is such a beautiful thing

Level 7
Dude, Panda, the guy's a freaking goth psycho... he made a thread about having the right to kill. In my opinion, that's worse than a Telepathy thread.

The telepathy thread is not bad, you just disagree with my views. Anyways, why the hell would you post a thread about having the right to kill? C'mon dude. And about the rules: Some of them are common sense, but.. just no man.

Level 31
I haven't responded lately because everyone has their own points of views about things, and trying to debate them is kinda pointless : ). They're interesting to read, but that's about it. I suppose I shared my own, others shared their beliefs, and we all drank a cup of coffee ;p.

My only argument for the point of life is that every point a person makes is entirely subjective. In the grand scheme, there isn't one is there? : P

When I've been trying to write these threads, I've been trying to look at the grand scheme of things, not on my own thoughts. A lot of people seem to really not get that ; ). This is why I say that my thoughts are derived from logic, not subjective feelings about a subject ; P.

Look at my second sentence. I made a logical argument there, no feelings or past experience involved.

Now, I would debate with opinions if someone else came up with an argument like: since the universe has no subjective opinion, any meaning we attach to it is only our own.

So no, I'm not being gothic or emo. I'm not being a psychopath either. I'm actually being philosophical ;P.

If there's one thing I've learned, misunderstandings are a dime a dozen ; P.

Level 14

1) Life is as pointless as you make it. The only one capable of giving you purpose is yourself. Most people will create a god or two to give them purpose and meaning, but they're still giving themselves direction indirectly, even if they convince themselves otherwise.

2) What allows us to be unique is what strips us of the ability to be unique.

3) Work to do what you'd like to. You can take one of two approaches:
~Hate everything you don't enjoy and everyone keeping you from enjoying yourself
~Brainwash yourself into loving what you can do and deal with everyone else while keeping in mind most of them are just as trapped as you.

4) All relationships, and not just friend/companion relationships, are just business arrangements. If you don't like one get out of it. If you "can't", see rule #3.

5) This approach will make you miserable. Keep in mind bad things are what make good things good, and vice versa. If you've reached the point where you can see that everything is both, and thus neither, then good for you. You still have to do shit you hate to get the opportunity to enjoy yourself later.

6) Don't start would-be debates with people and state that you won't be persuaded, especially if you want to learn others' PoVs - while it's true debates aren't meant to persuade those debating, most people don't realize it. It only discourages responses, and at best encourages the aggresive and counter-productive ones.

//\\oo//\\

Last edited:
Level 14

Since you pride yourself on "logic", this whole post is illogical. If life is meaningless (and I'm not saying it isn't) than all your points, including point one are irrelevant and untrue. It doesn't matter how much you suffer or have fun. If you die from leukemia at age 10, get murdered in your thirties or die a happy old coot at a 100, it is all irrelevant, much like this post and the points of it.

Regardless, views like these are the leading cause of the destruction of our society. What you're basically saying is that it's ok to rape a child or kill someone as long as it doesn't negatively affect your life. I realize these are extremes, but with such opinions people disregard respect, integrity, dignity. My god, these aren't even goals people aspire to anymore. Add to that that true love is almost gone and honor is something most people don't really know what it means. If it doesn't create a profit it isn't worth shit.

On the other side, thanks to this liberal "do what you want" bull crap people are constantly pushing the limits and discovering new ways to be perverse and sick. But hey, as long as it isn't harming the six figure contracts I guess it's ok.

I realize I went a bit offtopic, but the first paragraph really says it all.

Level 17
In the great words of Forest Gump:
"Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Level 17
Life is meaningless? there is no such thing as life. There is no logic. There is only an empty world containing nothing. We all Existant but not. This my friend is the basis of variable logic. Everything we or react to is corrupted. Therefore the meaning of life is whatever you choose. So be content be happy have fun life is just another problem or condrum you have to live through. Make what you want of it

Level 13
Life is meaningless? there is no such thing as life. There is no logic. There is only an empty world containing nothing. We all Existant but not. This my friend is the basis of variable logic. Everything we or react to is corrupted. Therefore the meaning of life is whatever you choose. So be content be happy have fun life is just another problem or condrum you have to live through. Make what you want of it

This hardly makes sense.

Also, @OP, you are trying to apply your rules to others.

This is exactly what caused World War Two.

Therefore, I kindly ask you to shut up. One decides one's own rules to live by, and does not by any means need to follow them for even a second. Even if a guy believes he is a prophet of God, you don't walk up to him and say "hey dipshit life has no purpose."

Level 17
i never had any argument for or against any religion. All i am saying everything in life should be taken with a pinch of salt. People make there own choices make your own choice it doesnt matter anyway. It can be good or bad. Build or destroy. Help or cause problems. Either way its your life you lives with The consequences move on with life. Those are the rules which are most advisable to live by. If you dont your proabably very easily stressed not layback enouth or just a perfectionist.

(Offtopic Btw: HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL)

Level 31
So you all get my Maybe, Maybe Not ref: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbDpWQmdc_o

There are no rules. Also @OP means directed at OP which means I wasn't even talking to you.

One decides one's own rules to live by

My only argument for the point of life is that every point a person makes is entirely subjective. In the grand scheme, there isn't one is there? : P

->1 and 2 can only be argued if you claim something like: you are the Galactic Knight sent on a mission from the universe

Hello Mr. Galactic Knight : P

Everyone keeps going back to subjective opinions as an argument against point 1, so that is all I can respond with ^_^

I don't like repeating myself, but it seems everyone thinks that presenting subjective opinions will magically change my answer into something like: "We are all fluffy warm bunnies sent on missions from the Lord of Fluffy Bunnies to spread our Fluffiness!!"

It is either you think that all creation itself has a purpose for everything in existence and dictates that purpose to absolutely everything, or you think that all purpose is entirely defined by each individual (parents having a baby hoping it gets a certain job, people working for what they believe in, etc).

Mr. Galactic Knight, I am more of the opinion that we are free to make our own decisions ; ). Are you telling me that fluffy bunnies are controlling my actions in the background? Is it all a conspiracy brought on by the NHK (Welcome to the NHK)??? >: O

I know you are a Galactic Knight sent on a mission from the universe to spread your fluffiness, but that doesn't mean I am : ).

You seem contradictory in your argument, going against the point that life is meaningless, but at the same time saying that everyone follows their own beliefs.

Shall I call you Mr. Maybe Galactic Knight, Maybe Not?

Make up your mind already ; P.

Until then, I shall go back to sipping my coffee, entertaining myself by the expanding chaos of the conversation where people push for freedom but declare meaning at the same time =).

With meaning, you have no freedom. Without meaning, you have freedom.

Are we not free? Perhaps one can argue that we are shackled to the impulses of our bodies, but even then, a person can go without eating though they starve, or a person can kill themselves though they don't want to die, or a person can say they love you to someone else even though they hate them. Does not the fact that we can do the opposite of what our body dictates or of what our senses dictate mean that we are free?

Perhaps I am being entirely ignorant or perhaps I am being entirely selfish, but these conclusions seem to me that life is in fact pointless and without any meaning whatsoever, "Mr. Maybe Galactic Knight, Maybe Not."

edit
Friend just read it and didn't get it at first. In summary, philosophically speaking, life is without purpose/meaning as anything assigned is entirely subjective ; P.

Last edited:
Level 13
You say that, yet you try to push "rules" on everyone else to limit their freedom.

I decide how I want to live, and no one can tell me otherwise.

'You tell me what you'd do if you were me; but you are you and I am I.' - Tobias Sammet

You tauntingly claim that you are right and everyone else are wrong, even when faced with much more logical arguments that you are, in fact, wrong.

In conclusion, you're either a complete idiot or a troll. Given your post count, I'll doubt the latter and stick with the former.

Level 5
Even if a guy believes he is a prophet of God, you don't walk up to him and say "hey dipshit life has no purpose."

Of course not. That's much too dickish to do right away.

If a person believes they are a prophet, first you wait 12 hours for any LSD they might have taken to wear off. Then, give them a shot of your favorite antipsychotic. If they still think they're a prophet, then you tell them that life has no purpose and their worldview is a laughable delusion.

Level 9
When I saw this thread I thought this was going to be something intelligent and a good thing to discuss. Well, I see no well-put thought into his first post but this is definetely interesting to talk about.

I am a born again christian, and I strongly believe in it. But even if you're atheist or something else, life still has meaning. Anyone who thinks otherwise . . . well I haven't much to say to you. But then again who are we to judge? Maybe he really does have some good points but just doesn't know how to present them.

Either way dude, find some kind of happiness, not apathy. And I think Fact > Opinion but opinions still matter so don't throw them aside like some outcast.

And I also think he's going based on the greek philosopher Plato when he talks about meaning and freedom.

you are you and I am I.

and we is you and I and I is you and we ^^

Since you pride yourself on "logic", this whole post is illogical.

That's paradoxical :p

Does not the fact that we can do the opposite of what our body dictates or of what our senses dictate mean that we are free?

No. It only proves that we can be rebellious; not free. Our brain tells us to
do one thing, and at times, we may do something else, but as long as that brain
continues to command us and direct the course of our lives, then we will never be
free. If you want freedom, shoot yourself in the head.
Thus:

Free Man = Dead Man

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really get the purpose of this thread, mostly because i don't have time
to go to the first page, but since we're talking about religion and the meaning
of life, then I have a few statements.

The meaning of life cannot be defined.
What is meaning?
Meaning is Perception
What we can define as the meaning of any aspect is limited by our perception.
We cannot define the meaning of anything before we are able to percieve that
"thing" through a general perspective accepting of all opinions, solutions,
judgements, etc...
One's level of perception is unpredictable/unprognosticatable (vocab ^^)
Intelligence has nothing to do with perception, and thus, research won't help (lol
No matter how many times you write "Meaning of Life" on Google, it's not gonna
change xD)

If you want to know the true meaning of life, get off that chair, go outside, look
around you, and try to feel the entire universe around you.

Then, ask yourself this question: Why?

The answer didn't come to you ey?
It's because you're Human.

Your levels of perception and awareness are not high enough and thus limit you.

One other question you should ask yourself. What is limiting me from understanding
the meaning of life?

Nothing actually..

The problem is, well .. If I represent it in a JASS function, you might understand
it better.

JASS:
function SearchMeaningLife takes unit human returns nothing
    call DoNothing()
endfunction

function Life takes unit human returns nothing
    loop
        exitwhen GetWidgetLife(human) <= 0.405
        call SearchMeaningLife()
    endloop
    call KillUnit(human)
endfunction

The only way we can find the meaning of life is by call Peace(human, mind)
and constant boolean Acceptance = true.

Unfortunately, human nature has made us a corrupt/villanous scourge blinded by power.

As a conclusion, we will never find the meaning of life.

Level 31
That has very little or nothing to do with the actual thread ;p. The topic kind of derailed a while ago.

Everyone got stuck on this point ^_^
->Life is most probably meaningless. The only reason one should live is to have fun and enjoy.

But then again, as people grow older, they begin to live their lives for their loved ones (marital partner, children, etc).

The concept of living one's life for oneself is more of a childish concept and is selfish as well =).

A broader definition would be to live your life for your own desire. Ofc, moralists would come in and start debates about murder, but that is of course a debate based entirely on morality. The reality is that murder is in no way wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.