• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fallen Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A small parts of a village,witch once produced harvests for Allince of Lordearon,but twenty-five years ago bandits invaded the village and torn it a part on four pieces.Now its under their control and since then the harvest has died with its kingdom also.

About the map:
1x Marketplace in the middle.
8x Gold mines (base included).
4x Goblin Merchants
2xFountain of Health
2XFountain of Mana
2x Taverns

Creep camp:
8x green camps
10x orange camps
1x red in the middle

Credits:Ebon Blade
Contents

The Fallen Forest (Map)

Reviews
07:07, 12th Aug 2013 Orcnet: my review
Level 5
Well let's review this one.I'm tired from swimming but w.e.

Theoden[KoMe]'s Review

Good Things

-Almost symetric map(the purple and red starting are bigger then others)
-Well placed expantions and creep sites
-Good size 128x128 in my opinion the best for 2v2 or ffa maps
-An average try cause needs a bit work
Bad Things

-Why 2 neutral buildings so close?
-2 taverns? what for? 1 is enought
-Too many neutrals...
-Terrian needs more work
Suggestions and Improvements

-Dude remove many of the neutrals cause there are too many...
-Remove one tavern(asap!):goblin_boom:
-A better descreption will make your map more attractive
-Smoother terrian edges and its too flat make it less by making small hills and addind doodads.
Rate:
Units 3/5
Terrian 2/5
Doodads 3/5
Descreption 2/5

Grand Total : 2.5/5---->Pending

Note: Nothing to say

Level 13
Comment

The map is very good, It is a gr8 melee map, I like it, but description needs work

Terrain

Terrain is flat, but still nice

Gameplay

A regular melee map.

Final Rating:

Terrain:3/5
Gameplay:4/5
Comment:3/5

FINAL RATING:
4/5

Suggestions
-Fix Terrain
-Fix Description

Level 30
Map should suppose to be called an Altered Melee due to different model changes of some units in-game, but such idea is too basic and throughout the game they don't even have changes at all just the models.

Creep difficulty in the game is a bit weakened, this ends up as creep rush to some players, it will only take them a few minutes to wipe out all existing creep camps in play this is a bad idea, while all main bases has no creep camps installed this also ends up as an unfair match. Why waste drudging to expansion sites if you can just build a TH on main gold mines with no players?

Terrain is too wide just for a 4 player match, while most of the space is for filling doodads, much of the decorating is spam looking and not appealing at work(bad cliff making, random placing of vegetation, building doodads look unnatural)

In short, improve more, follow much of my revision and soon you'll understand how things get accepted.