• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Fallen Land War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
For years a war has been in this land. Both races decided its time to finish this war once and for all.
This is a 64x64 map i made all by myself. My terrain is pretty bad because im not so good at making it. There are 5 green creep camps, 3 orange creep camps and 0 red creep camps. There are total of 5 gold mines in this map. The middle one has 25000 gold the others have 12500. If theres anything i need to fix tell me immediatly!
234797-albums6982-picture77252.png

Keywords:
Lordaeron fall
Contents

The Fallen Land War (Map)

Reviews
22:02, 9th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: See through the comment I posted and also what eubz said.

M

22:02, 9th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: See through the comment I posted and also what eubz said.

Hell_Master;2460252 said:
Hello there, tested your map and I pretty much think that this needs much work. Terrain can still be improved by putting some environment doodads and destructibles at empty spaces except for the bases of players, do not put anything there. It is also flat, you could give some variations into it by using the Raise/Lower Tool. Make sure to cover the shadows with trees (I am referring to the map ends where you can see the shadow. Fill it with trees to make it like endless).

Your creep camp also needs more work seeing they are pretty much open.

Also, the item drops were completely fine though could still use some work because I find the drop rates quite weird. Strong units drops Random Level 4 item and you do know it will also include campaign items right which should not be included in melee maps? Change that to either Misc or Permanent type.

Also, I do not know if this is updated but you can try this: Warcraft II Map Optimizer 5.0 for protecting your map. Once used in your map, beware because you cannot open it anymore and will throw up a fatal error so be sure to save a backup file that is unprotected so there you can make changes. Also, melee maps are meant to be open source and should not be protected so why are you even protecting this though?

eubz;2497165 said:
I think 25,000 gold is too much for a 2player melee map. At my side, it is better if a melee map is fast phased and that it should be. Even 20K gold (just me, IDK) is difficult to consume for 1 v 1.

Level 30
Hello there, tested your map and I pretty much think that this needs much work. Terrain can still be improved by putting some environment doodads and destructibles at empty spaces except for the bases of players, do not put anything there. It is also flat, you could give some variations into it by using the Raise/Lower Tool. Make sure to cover the shadows with trees (I am referring to the map ends where you can see the shadow. Fill it with trees to make it like endless).

Your creep camp also needs more work seeing they are pretty much open.

Also, the item drops were completely fine though could still use some work because I find the drop rates quite weird. Strong units drops Random Level 4 item and you do know it will also include campaign items right which should not be included in melee maps? Change that to either Misc or Permanent type.

Also, I do not know if this is updated but you can try this: Warcraft II Map Optimizer 5.0 for protecting your map. Once used in your map, beware because you cannot open it anymore and will throw up a fatal error so be sure to save a backup file that is unprotected so there you can make changes. Also, melee maps are meant to be open source and should not be protected so why are you even protecting this though?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Yes and even if you protect your map you can still open it with different tools.

Mostly protecting is useless (I can find it useful only if you upload some WIP but even then you can prove it is yours if you upload it on Hive.)

Personally I do not protect my maps because I started learning making maps by checking others' maps that were unprotected.