• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Difference Between WE and WEU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have WE and im wondering wats the difference between WEU and WE??
And a download link would be usefull =)

Level 3
I wouldn't suggest using WEU, it has many complaints on corrupting map files. Plus you cannot open a map in WE that was started in WEU, and vice versa.

I suggest using NewGen. It's like a big update of WE, plus it has extra plugins, like JassHelper. It's capable of opening regular WE maps too.

Level 5
thanks +rep

EDIT:
-Solved =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I wouldn't suggest using WEU, it has many complaints on corrupting map files. Plus you cannot open a map in WE that was started in WEU, and vice versa.

I suggest using NewGen. It's like a big update of WE, plus it has extra plugins, like JassHelper. It's capable of opening regular WE maps too.

WEU will also make your map size much larger, though it does have a few "helper" functions that can be useful to those lacking JASS knowledge. I would recommend not using it.

Note that WEU is capable of opening regular WE maps, though not the inverse, which is counterimplied in Abys's post. WEU is sometimes used, for that reason, as a weak form of map protection (to stave off those who won't even bother to try opening with WEU), though it functions the opposite of a normal optimization, because it adds functions instead of removing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.