• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling The Doodad Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Now, before you go off and say, "lik, z9mg! dl grimoire u nub!", this is not the question. We have worked for months on a map, and then the patch game. We have used WEU and the entire map uses features from it all over the map, and it would be impossible to make the map without it. So I was wondering, how to disable doodad limit with WEU.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Simply remake it for normal WE and tone down the doodads used to a earthly amount.

WEU looks good but the triggers are the same as normal WE and the XXL maps and no doodad limates cause ununiversly lag and so maybe use no more than 10000 doodads since remember, each doodad = more lag.

Level 3
Simply remake it for normal WE and tone down the doodads used to a earthly amount.

WEU looks good but the triggers are the same as normal WE and the XXL maps and no doodad limates cause ununiversly lag and so maybe use no more than 10000 doodads since remember, each doodad = more lag.
There is no possible way to make this map without WEU.

Even if it was possible, that's 7 months of work down the drain.

I work fine with 15,000 doodads, (not saying this map has that many), and my computer is a peice of 5}{I+.

Basicly there is no limit if you have the correct WEU, do note that the more doodads...

Please explain. . .

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The more doodads there are, the more demad a doodad based function has.

WC3 has a cap of about 60000 doodads which if it is exceded, the game is terminated and so crashes.

And it is not about putting 60000 doodads on a 480*480 map and seeing your fps.

Its a question of putting 60000 mediumly sized model doodads on a 240*240 section of your 480*480 map with 12 players and 200+ units and seeing if it lags.

People commenly place doodads in too higher density and thus cause graphic lag.

Even still the makers had a reason they put that cap on, and that reason was it helps keep multiplayer bareable to play with out having a 1337 comp like I have (well more like a 1337 since my computer hardly runs supreme commander on max with 1000 units and 8 players).

In multiplayer, lag is a lot greater since the game has to keep in sync.

So in my openion I would stick to normal WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.