• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Crash] Unit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Quite a weird question but is there a limit of units that Warcraft can handle? I'm using Grimoire so there's no world edit limit, but i'm asking if there's a specified number of units that Warcraft's located RAM can handle? I've played on friend's map that has 2000 units placed and around 10000 doodads. And when we played in 4 players everything worked fine, but when next time we played in 5 players game crashed due to RAM issue. So i'm wondering if we got over the unit limit due to 5th player playing and creating units?

Level 25
Can't say I know if there is any limit or if the limit is just given by user's RAM size.

But I think the issue is that you have 2000 units placed in the map :D
Is that even necessary? Can't you manage to create units over time via triggers when needed?
I think warcraft itself is not build to handle this many units at once (for example there will be pathing issues when units try to move).

Level 20
I remember maps like Footman War and the likes where you'd have hundreds and hundreds of units on the map, up the the point that they just stood there doing nothing because the game couldn't process so many orders given at the same time, you should lower these numbers anyway or troubles are bound to happen eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.