• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove doodad limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way I can remove doodad limit please?

I designed my map using WEU but since Reforged came along I havent been able to edit it as there's so many doodads the map won't save anymore. I am about 5000 doodads over the limit so removing them is an option I'd rather not have to do as it will take forever.
The map is classic and works fine even with the huge amount of doodads.

Level 7
As of now there's no way to increase or modify the doodad limit. Your best bet is to go the hard way and remove 5k doodads. Maybe you can make "chunks" of doodads with retera's model studio and save some doodads that way and still retain the details in your terrain.

I was hoping that wasnt the case :(

I know it can be done but it's just a huge amount for work and I feel like I'm making my map worse by having to remove decoration elements, all because some guy at Blizzard decided on an arbitrary number of doodads. My map is classic graphics only and has no performance issues, so I'm a bit confused why Blizzard made this decision, it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.