• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Death Sheep: Festival

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
It's a side project of mine I finished a few months ago. It's basically a remake of Blizzard's Death Sheep map. This map is basically where I started learning how to make triggers so most of them were based on the original triggers from Blizzard's mod.

New Features:
- Multiplayer: This map can be played by up to three players on a single PC.
- Super Powers: These are sheep that have a special effect whenever they collide with a player.
- Powerups: Villagers give players these special bonuses when they're picked up.

More information in the Info panel (F9) ingame.
Previews
Contents

The Death Sheep: Festival (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-don't disable user control; how is one supposed to normally press on any of those three buttons?
-would be nice not to press a key direction every time to move in the same direction instead of holding the key while the peasant continues to move
3/5.

Level 4
Your description is not sufficent. What you already have can fit well in the authors notes though!
Check this out, as it might help you out: Description - Map Template

Sorry about that, I'm not used to using so much bbcodes just yet. I'm going to edit this soon, thanks for the link.

-don't disable user control; how is one supposed to normally press on any of those three buttons?
-would be nice not to press a key direction every time to move in the same direction instead of holding the key while the peasant continues to move
3/5.

I only disabled user control during the cinematics. As I remember, They're enabled immediately after the cinematics ends or after your skip them.

I kinda found the controls a bit bad too but I currently don't know any other method to allow the player(s) to control the three peasants on a single keyboard input. I could've done so with player 1's controls but it would be unfair for the other players. If anyone has a suggestion, I would gladly try it out.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I kinda found the controls a bit bad too but I currently don't know any other method to allow the player(s) to control the three peasants on a single keyboard input. I could've done so with player 1's controls but it would be unfair for the other players. If anyone has a suggestion, I would gladly try it out.
@Rufus' project has that implemented. Maybe he would help.

Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation

No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!