• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] The death of my custom hero crashes the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, whenever my custom hero dies (more specifically 2 seconds after dissipating) crashes the game with the following message.

Crash.png

There is only Damage Engine in the triggers of the map, so I'm not sure what made it crashed. The hero is an edit of Mountain King with the Druid of the Claw model. Thanks in advanced.

Level 39
Something in the dissipate or decay animations is probably corrupted/poorly defined because of your geomerge. If you kill a hero and immediately hide it via Unit - Remove or Unit - Hide before the dissipate, does the game still crash?

Level 12
Is it possible that that the DDS is triggering something on death and it causes an infinite loop ?
Wasn't there something like: dealing damage to dead units crashes the game?

The error message looks like a "data-out-of-bounds" though...

Something in the dissipate or decay animations is probably corrupted/poorly defined because of your geomerge. If you kill a hero and immediately hide it via Unit - Remove or Unit - Hide before the dissipate, does the game still crash?
I tried that. Doesn't work. Changed the model, still crashes. So, it might be a problem with the triggers.

Did you consider that maybe the game just couldn't go on without him?
latest

Is it possible that that the DDS is triggering something on death and it causes an infinite loop ?
Wasn't there something like: dealing damage to dead units crashes the game?

The error message looks like a "data-out-of-bounds" though...

Probably, but I'm using the latest version of Damage Engine. What's a "data-out-of-bounds"?

Level 39
What's a "data-out-of-bounds"?
Accessing memory that shouldn't be accessible to the program. Sounds like it tried to read data that doesn't exist perhaps while reading or writing to a variable.

Try starting from a blank map again and figure out at what point the crash starts to happen. What modification of the map causes it to manifest the first time? The only way we can troubleshoot you here is if you upload your map or post ALL of the triggers.

Level 19
check to see if the reason for the crash is because your hero has become available for revival

I had a similar problem years back

if you set your hero to non revivable than the problem goes away

I can't remember what caused it but it was defiantly fixable

Status
Not open for further replies.