• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Death Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Good someone started a discussion so heres my oppinion. The death knight is not quite original, sure hes a master of death magic and so but nothing "special". He should be a mix of and orcish cnecrolyte and a human knight so he should have the physical strength of a human and the magical powers of an orc.
Kay but back to the thing. In my oppinion he should get a 4'th overpowered spell which makes him a kind of t3 heavy/spellcaster unit for example he could launch several death coils which would deal lets say 200 dmg.

Level 1
I am not so sure about JokeMaster's suggestions, the Death Knight unit seems to fill the niche of support rather than offense and making him a secondary melee unit as well as the suggested fourth spell would shift it into a possibly undesirable versatility. Especially since it appears to me that spellcaster units will be as spammable in SoC than ever, meaning that they should be balanced as units instead of Heroes (as in expensive and non-spammable elite mook).

Not that I wouldn't rather the latter =D.

Lastly, as for the Tornado, what about turning it green? It is both the color of the demonic Fel and that of spell animations of the model.

Again, congratulations for the awesome blog and here's hoping it all turns well for the project.

Level 7
If the Death Knight is a support unit, then give him another supportive spell :p.
- Death Leech, which is a channeled spell that holds a unit in a stunned stance for X seconds, or until the death knight is damaged. Death Leech does not deal any damage to the enemy, only holding them in place for others to attack.

If that seems to over powered then, if the leeched enemy is attacked it is put out of the stunned stance and the Death Knight is stunned for X seconds. Basically, it gives a new strategy. Death Leech the most powerful unit, pull the rest, and deal with the powerful unit last! And to counter this, the opposing team would have to watch out and attack the death knight, or deliberately attack their own unit, but it would keep both player's on their toes ... in a minor way.

Also, is the Mage the opposite of the Death Knight, like in Warcraft 2? If so, then they'd need another spell, too ...

Arcane Net - Places a unit in an Arcane Net, immobilizing them for X seconds and dealing minor X damage every X seconds. Cool-down time would be double the time of immobilization.

:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.