• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am not exactly sure if you wish to make an overhaul of the entire gameplay system, but I wonder if the Control Points could become central for the game.

How exactly, I'm not sure. But I though that, perhaps, buildings like the Town Hall or the Farm (or even all of them) would require special places to be built - properly highlighted by circles of power - and these (places) would be provided by the control points.

Essentially, it would be the same as fighting for gold mines, except that there are many other features involved. Such as a CP with special abilities, like your watch tower, an unusually high amount of ''farmable spots'' or even the possibility of researching a tech to improve the defenses of a base with obstacles - such as walls and gates.

Sorry if I'm daydreaming here. I'm sure that anything you choose to deliver will be nice anyways.

Level 7
Suggestion = In melee maps, you could have, like, secret areas with crates or something in which there's gold or lumber.

Another Suggestion = Heroes! Not overpowering, spell-sporting heroes, but a remake of a unit with a name. No extra abilities, damage, health, mana ... nothing. It expands the possibilities of gameplay. Of course, they couldn't be used in melee maps.

Last Suggestion = Mobs/Enemies! It think, maybe, your already doing this? Anyway, you should, but the only reason to kill them is for gold (bounty, since your not doing heroes [no exp/special items]). Also, make a giant squid that lives in the water and attacks your boats!

Status
Not open for further replies.