• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Death Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm new to the community and I always have made maps for myself, but now that I see that people give nice feedback and ideas I would love to finish this project.

Death Knight
warcraft.jpeg

Idea

Now I'm working on a Campaign based on the comic/manga Death Knight, featuring the story of Thassarian and his way to become a Death Knight, in the storyline this happen just before arthas go to northrend in the hunt for mal'ganis.

If you can give me feedback, ideas etc.

Gameplay

• You play as Thassarian and sometimes with an ally,
  • The main quest is linear with some optional quests on the way
  • Many boss battles with fun mechanics

Updates

02-18
  • Chapter 1 uploaded for testing

Work in progress

• Death Knight - Prologue [Finished]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 1 [Finished]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 2 [Working]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 3 [Coming soon]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 4 [Coming soon]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 5 [Coming soon]
  • Death Knight - Chapter 6 [Coming soon]

Attachments

• Death Knight - Prologue.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 308
  • Death Knight - Chapter 1.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Level 14
Well it seems like a decent start to me. Not a whole lot to go on yet, but I'll be following this. What sort of campaign will it be? RPG? RTS? I've never heard of this comic before.

Anyway, good start, keep working and good luck!

Level 10
Looks pretty cool, looking forward to it. Though I don't really like Manga, because sometimes it really has super dramatic endings that are really stupid. Anyway, I hope that Thassarian battles some antagonist guy and have an awesome battle.
As the guy above me said, is it RTS or RPG or something?

Level 3
Thanks for the feedback, maybe today I'll upload the first chapter and some screenies too, as the campaign type it will be Rpg(you only control heroes?)

Edit: Just uploaded chapter 1 for testing/showing matters, tell me what can I fix or improve, maybe some ideas!

Last edited:
Level 10
I downloaded the map and will tell you my opinion after I went through it.

Edit 1: First of all I want to tell you that I enjoyed your map. The cinematics were nice to watch and I didn't want to skip them.
Maybe the camera with arthas and the death night behind him (prologue) was used a little often and thus appeared a bit static.
I liked parts like with the goblins running out of the cave attacking you and also the quest with the angry chickens that I sadly failed. :p

But there are some parts where you could improve like the rather flat terrain for example. You could check some screenshots or tutorials.
Skills were a little boring to be honest, but meh, I didn't care so much about them.
You should make npcs invulnerable since I killed the villagers and I could have killed the commander, too (but I let him go).
Guess there were some tiny typos during the commanders dialogue at the end of chapter 1.

Overall I really liked it, sadly a little short by now and so I hope you'll progress continually.

Edit 2: If it's ok for you I share those two screenshots of the prologue I capured as there are no yet.

058e57a02f.jpg
45017d0668.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Tried Chapter 1 out and it was definitely the most fun I have had since Oasis!

Map Rating:
[/TD]

Presentation

Aesthetics

Gameplay

Presentation 8/15

2/5 for Description

2/5 for Information

4/5 for Appeal
Aesthetics 14/15

5/5 for Originality

4/5 for Creativity

5/5 for Appeal
Gameplay 12/15

4/5 for Interest

3/5 for Replayability

5/5 for Overall Enjoyment

Map Rating
(Rating is equal to Gameplay/5 + Aesthetics/5 + Presentation/5)
Final Rating is:

34/45!!

I suggest you add more differentiating heights to the terrain. Even with this though, it looked quite good! Also, I docked marks for description because it didn't describe the map as well as it could have, but when you actually release it I trust your description will be quite well made with great detail. :)

The other thing is that for some reason every group of monsters I fought attacked William. Just telling you, so don't worry about it.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable map to play and I had a great amount of fun with it!

Level 3
Thanks for your feedback Lockheart, indeed I will add more terrain formation and I made a trigger that stops you when you attack villagers or soldiers but didnt work if you say so xP
I think William skills are a bit lame too. Thanks for the ss too but the death knight model is temporary, Im looking for some unmounted model.

Thanks you too Doomguy80 It's awesome to see that deep evaluation and I'm gonna work on those aspects of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.