• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Daily Peon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
draenor.jpg

That said, they did add some more lands and some islands. Although the islands that became Deathwing's Lair are suspiciously missing.

Level 19
VeljkoM said:
There is no danger of time paradox as none of the important characters are going to past. They will stay in present and their past selves will be in past. Future Garosh on the other hand is in past and will meet Past Garosh. Your logic is really backwards on this issue as you seem to think that they brought Past Dreanor to present. Nobody can just meet their doubles except Future Garosh who is now in past. Past and Present are separate.
Thrall - a quite important fella, will go back to past Draenor, and it has been announced that he will meet his father there, just like Garrosh meets Grommash. Anyways, it's quite obvious that Thrall's orcs, some who lived on Draenor back then, will follow him on his journeys to stop Garrosh.
(However, Garrosh did not exist back then, and neither did Thrall, so no paradoxes here - hmm, never knew those two were younger than 35 years old)
And what about Velen's Draenei? Most, if not all currently living Draenei in the Alliance, originally lived on Draenor. I'd be surprised if not even a single one will accompany the Alliance's adventure back to past Draenor - Velen himself, is a prime example, he will surely be interested in taking part of this.

Level 23
Am, forget about the 'a person meets himself from the future - the world explodes' paradox. Because it's stupid. You're missing the bigger picture.

Garrosh ALREDY went back in time and he drastically changed history. By all accounts the entire history of Warcraft starting with WC1 does not exist now, so, really, all the people coming from the future simply should not exist to begin with.

Level 23
Ugh, was there ever any doubt? Every WoW expansion is like that. A guy gets picked from Warcraft lore, gets power and a bunch of minions and tries to take over or destroy the world. Then a bunch of retards run up to him and kill him, after getting rid of his minions.

Level 27
Actually, my scientific science™ tells me that, in fact, Blizzard fucked up in a completely different way:
While those bronze dragon time portals present a concept of time akin to one from Back to Past when there's only one future that gets altered, this expansion introduces a multiverse concept where several altered timelines can co-exist as different universes.
Only way for Blizz to unfuckup is to introduce some sentient explanation why the fuck those bronze flight dwagonfag portals differ from the portal to Draenor. Which they're likely to fail on.

Also, I'd still prefer the multiverse theory over single timeline, it resolves all the paradoxes, more or less.

Level 21
We justified Old DP with it! But I doubt Warcraft has multiverse because of bronzedragons but hey they have been screwing timeline each time they sent people to fix old events or in that novel where an orc travels to War of the Ancients. Though I use multiverse theories to keep Warcraft series and WoW series separate.

And we care about warcraft because it is what brought us together. Warcraft 3 has a special place for me always something no other game had.

Ah so they finally got tired of remaking Snow White and Alice so Sleeping beauty is next.

Level 19
I don't see what's wrong with that movie trailer, except that the whole plot is spoiled already.

And agreed, Warcraft lore means a lot to me as well, and WoW or not, I still follow it and hope for the best. Sometimes I like what they do, sometimes I don't

Well, the thing is - once you go back in time, everything you do should have an immediate effect on the future. This belated altering of time is kinda lame, and proves that Garrosh will fail and spoils the whole thing >.>

Level 23
Isn't it quite obvious? The trailer concists of fadeouts, dramatic 'DUUUUUMMMMM's and 'deep' phrases said by characters in a half-whisper, with epic scenes and Carmina Burana remix in the background.

Am, again, was there ever any doubt that he would fail? It's freaking WoW, the point of every expansion is that a bunch of retards defeat the big bad and the world is saved.

Level 21
No sound so I can't hear the loveliness of trailer.

I don't mean Warcraft lore that is just part of what Warcraft is. WoW shares lore and first W with Warcraft series but doesn't share anything else, and I follow it not because I think that they will ever fix it but because I find their ideas so ridiculous they amuse me a lot. WoW can ruin story as much as it wants but that just helps me separate it from RTS series. For me Starcraft and Warcraft series are more connected while WoW for me is more connected to Diablo. Story is important but not just content but how it is shared and WoW story is not learned in game anymore and the best events in game you can do feel less important (and are attributed to non playable characters and not players).

Oh and well there probably originally was effect on the present, how else would players know that they are supposed to go to the past? And since expansion is set in the past we don't know how will present turn up until next expansion when they return to the present after stopping Garosh. Kinda how NPCs in Outland act like Illidan is still alive and how NPC in Northrend never heard about Deathwing and are stopping the threat of the scourge. So the result of Garosh idiocy will be seen in the next expansion.

I would also like to say that this expansion like Mists of Pandaria are just fillers really. Probably because Cataclysm that had real consequences was recived badly unlike Pandas where nothing important happens. Besides kicking Garosh but that was done because players "somehow" weren't happy with Thralls replacement and decided to fix the screw up. Kinda opposite of how they fixed Jaina and Thrall relationship.

Level 21
Funny I don't find here anything sad nor do I think Blizzard is no longer great. And I am intentionally trying to keep topic at least warcraft related and stop the random decay. I can't make any pic or work on DPB but you will not get rid off me and I won't stand idle as this group that I love turns in to just another septic pool that internet has more then enough. You will not make me leave DP again.

Also that video is old.

Level 21
I can't listen to anything anyway...

Yea I have been slacking too but I plan to start again working on Wc3 (within limit as time are tough). I did want even to have DPB test last Sunday but I stayed far longer home then I expected. I just want to see something finished at least.

Level 21
I don't call crying a life really. You just started the age of true life, kid gloves are off so be a man or get crushed by life.

If DP was enjoying peaceful dignified death I would be content but months of shit pisses me off and I'll rather try to come up with some life support that will keep DP have reasonable schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.