• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Cry of the Banshee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Dark Ranger Alice Darkview
Presents

1490985433-20170331-193644.png

The cry of the Banshee
•Ice Queen•

Command the army of mindless creatures and use Frostmourne to create more undead and resurrect the miserable creatures that may have the honnor of being killed by Frostmourne itself!

picture-quotes1499425954749-jpg.273007

Once again, the specter of destruction ,the burning legion come haunting our lands.
To prevent the world to be consumed and devoured by the demons and their unstoppable Darkness, Taelsay Tears-Holder will claim Frostmourne the cursed blade that killed her dreams.
Within the power of the scourge At her Hands, she will reassemble the leaders of this Army of Damned creatures and fight for the hole control of the scourge

picture-quotes1499466324784-jpg.273056
btnpale-elf-png.273020

Shim, the personal Servant of Taelsay Tears-Holder, even though she tried to stop her old friend, she can not disobey her.

btnicon2-png.273019

Taelsay Tears-Holder, Also named the Burning banshee, because of her powerful psychic abilities. She Almost hates the burning legion as she hates the fallen Prince.

111550-68f680c7e3a102d680e921512a37fca9.jpg

Saihm The bloody, One of the few last San'layn, he is ready to do anything to give the scourge a new age of glory.

118638-0e5a829dba37ed3f6892106a9a2f6b14.png

Ayl'zul, Once called "Master" now banished from the civilization, this necromencer felt into madness as the lich king died.

picture-quotes1499426791695-jpg.273009

• Four custom heroes.
  • Micro and Melee maps.
  • A story 70% similar to World of Warcraft Legion.
  • Artifacts And item you may have seen before in World of Warcraft or in Warcraft III.
    [*]A Custom Techtree..
If you want to work with me : Here

Preview

Necrofortress Floor one
floor-1-1-jpg.269734

floor-1-2-jpg.269735

floor-1-3-jpg.269736

Necrofortress Floor two

floor-2-1-jpg.269737

floor-2-2-jpg.269738

Necrofortress Floor three.

floor-3-2-jpg.269740

floor-3-3-jpg.269741

floor-3-4-jpg.269742

Trailer

BETA RELEASED!

• Only the first chapter is available: Ghosts and Tears.
  • We put so much energy and patience on this project, it was for me a real dream that came true to see my characters in this campaign. I wanted to share the beautiful story that I dreamed of every night since I had this Idea.
  • The Beta Version might still hold some bugs, please report any problem or error you would have.
  • The Anti-cheat system : No, it is not made to make you angry or to make it harder for you. We Have discovered that most of the usual cheats made the game crashes, we made the Anti-cheat system to save your game.
  • I am now Happy to give you the BETA of "The Cry Of The Banshee - Ice Queen."

Attachments

• Cry of the Banshee (beta) (1).w3n
    34.3 MB · Views: 678
Last edited:
Level 29
This campaign seems to have a quite nice plot. If you need someone to review maps, count me in!

Level 29
Will this be kind of a Scourge's redemption campaign? Will Scourge leaders like Kel'Thuzad or Anub'arak appear? How long will this campaign be in terms of chapters?

Level 8
Will this be kind of a Scourge's redemption campaign? Will Scourge leaders like Kel'Thuzad or Anub'arak appear? How long will this campaign be in terms of chapters?

In a way, yes.
Still do not know how much chapters it will hold, we will see soon.
As we will progress in our work, I will make updates.
This campaign is just one of many campaign series I plan to make.

Level 11
Oh, that's why it sounds so qualitative.
The campaign still promises to be good, right?
The base for gameplay-"skeleton" is ready (almost). I'm trying to persuade Alice to put some videos of the actual gameplay to show the quality, instead of the voice set demonstrating. Maybe he needs some terrain for this, I don't know.

Level 15
Pretty decent video you got there. Can't wait to see more of it. I must say that progress is pretty slow, is everything all right?

Level 8
Pretty decent video you got there. Can't wait to see more of it. I must say that progress is pretty slow, is everything all right?

We have a lack of people to work with us.
and with my little experience in Warcraft III World Editor, I need a lot of time to Understand what I am doing, and How to correctly do it.

We seriously need a Terrain Painter these days.

Level 4
Wow! It looks interesting... Campaign take place in begining of the WoW Legion events, but story develops by different way, right?

P.S. I very like interior of Necrofortress, i have similar idea for one of my project.

Level 8
Wow! It looks interesting... Campaign take place in begining of the WoW Legion events, but story develops by different way, right?

The Story take position in the beginning of the World of Warcraft Legion events, exactly.
It Devlops by diffrent way, character are no longer obliged to follow the path of the Lich king and the Eben blade.

P.S. I very like interior of Necrofortress, i have similar idea for one of my project.

The Necrofortress is Like Starcraft II heart of the Swarm Leviathan, or the Space Ship in Wings of Liberty, it gives extra dialogues and bonus missions, also can give extra upgrades for your buildings and your units.

Level 29
The Story take position in the beginning of the World of Warcraft Legion events, exactly.
It Devlops by diffrent way, character are no longer obliged to follow the path of the Lich king and the Eben blade.

Thank god. I didn't like how the Lich King acted in Legion at all. Uther said that the Scourge could have conquered Azeroth if not for Arthas' remaining humanity and Bolvar decides not to use it against the Legion? The Scourge has never shown its full potential and Blizzard refuses to show it.

The Necrofortress is Like Starcraft II heart of the Swarm Leviathan, or the Space Ship in Wings of Liberty, it gives extra dialogues and bonus missions, also can give extra upgrades for your buildings and your units.

Really? That is going to be awesome!

Level 8
Thank god. I didn't like how the Lich King acted in Legion at all. Uther said that the Scourge could have conquered Azeroth if not for Arthas' remaining humanity and Bolvar decides not to use it against the Legion? The Scourge has never shown its full potential and Blizzard refuses to show it.

The scourge have shown it's power during the third.

I also real disliked the wau Blizzard used Bolvar and the Scourge.
The Scourge has showen great potential, it was able to corrupt Lordaeron and wipe it away... And it crushed Silvermoon and the Orcs Clan ! It would be a waste of power not to use it against the Legion.

Really? That is going to be awesome!

Yeah, a good idea.

Level 29
The scourge have shown it's power during the third.

During the Third War, the Scourge acted as the vanguard of the Legion. Their main purpose was to destroy all forces that could oppose the Legion, so they were more of a huge army than an actual faction, not bothering about securing their holds or strenghning their forces. The Scourge turned into an actual faction after Arthas became Lich King as they started searching for allies, securing their dominion over Northrend and constructing fortresses and necropolises.
I think the Scourge under Arthas was at the peak of its power. They had powerful individuals like Anub'arak, Kel'Thuzad, Sindragosa, Lady Deathwisper, Lana'thel. They had a huge empire: nearly all of the continent of Northrend, great part of Lordaeron, parts of Quel'Thalas and they had agents spread across Azeroth. Their armies most likely lied in the millions, with an order of death knights not to mention they were bolstered by the vrykul, darkfallen and even worgen.

Let´s face it. The Scourge only lost because Arthas still had some shards of humanity inside him, he could have unleashed the full power and killed all opposition rather than that all "let them come to my fortress after they kill most of my most powerful lieutenants so that I can raise them".

And I am still quite pissed on how he was defeated. He wiped out the entire group and it was taking minutes for them to be raised, then Tirion out of nowhere breaks the ice and gives a bunny-like jump and shatters Frostmoune like it was a piece of cake? The souls inside ressurect immediatly the group and they kill Arthas while he is unable to defend himself. This is a complete anti-climatic battle.

Arthas was a total badass, one of the most interesting characters, without a doubt one of my favorite ,and his final battle was a complete dissapointment.

Last edited:

ISL

ISL

Level 13
I knew it! :D
Is this going to feature nonlinear missions aswell?

During the Third War, the Scourge acted as the vanguard of the Legion. Their main purpose was to destroy all forces that could oppose the Legion, so they were more of a huge army than an actual faction, not bothering about securing their holds or strenghning their forces. The Scourge turned into an actual faction after Arthas became Lich King as they started searching for allies, securing their dominion over Northrend and constructing fortresses and necropolises.
I think the Scourge under Arthas was at the peak of its power. They had powerful individuals like Anub'arak, Kel'Thuzad, Sindragosa, Lady Deathwisper, Lana'thel. They had a huge empire: nearly all of the continent of Northrend, great part of Lordaeron, parts of Quel'Thalas and they had agents spread across Azeroth. Their armies most likely lied in the millions, with an order of death knights not to mention they were bolstered by the vrykul, darkfallen and even worgen.

Let´s face it. The Scourge only lost because Arthas still had some shards of humanity inside him, he could have unleashed the full power and killed all opposition rather than that all "let them come to my fortress after they kill most of my most powerful lieutenants so that I can raise them".

And I am still quite pissed on how he was defeated. He wiped out the entire group and it was taking minutes for them to be raised, then Tirion out of nowhere breaks the ice and gives a bunny-like jump and shatters Frostmoune like it was a piece of cake? The souls inside ressurect immediatly the group and they kill Arthas while he is unable to defend himself. This is a complete anti-climatic battle.

Arthas was a total badass, one of the most interesting characters, without a doubt one of my favorite ,and his final battle was a complete dissapointment.
Totaly agreed.

Level 8
I knew it! :D
Is this going to feature nonlinear missions aswell?

I'm sorry, I do not understand.

Totaly agreed.

All the Scourge major leaders are dead, and are surely broken in the Endless dark.
I also disliked the way Arthas died, I nearly shared the same feeling with Sylvanas, That's why I made a little change in the story, but anyway.. No Spoilers.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
I'm sorry, I do not understand.
The thing that Starcraft II campaigns have.
When there are several missions to choose from at the same time. So instead of simply clicking the "Next Mission" button you have to choose which level you want to play.

''The first three missions must be completed in order, after which a series of events occur which enables the player to begin directing the order in which missions are played.'' - Liquipedia.

I guess you do have these.
it gives extra dialogues and bonus missions,

Level 29
When there are several missions to choose from at the same time. So instead of simply clicking the "Next Mission" button you have to choose which level you want to play.

I think it will require a mastery level in trigerring to be capable of doing this. I love Warcraft III, it will always be one of my favorite, but Starcraft II is far more advanced in terms of these things.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
I think it will require a mastery level in trigerring to be capable of doing this. I love Warcraft III, it will always be one of my favorite, but Starcraft II is far more advanced in terms of these things.
I don't think it's that hard, honestly. I mean, I haven't tried to do that myself, but I do plan to have such a thing for my own project, even greater, and I know that when I start developing my campaign's storyline, such system will be done.

It is doable in Warcraft 3, remember the secret level of Kael's campaign called 'The Crossing'? It may be unlocked and played whilst there's another mission being available, and it has some kind of influence in the future. I guess I even have some kind of concept in my head on how to do the same thing, but not as a secret level, but as a mission of a different story branch.

Level 29
I don't think it's that hard, honestly. I mean, I haven't tried to do that myself, but I do plan to have such a thing for my own project, even greater, and I know that when I start developing my campaign's storyline, such system will be done.

It is doable in Warcraft 3, remember the secret level of Kael's campaign called 'The Crossing'? It may be unlocked and played whilst there's another mission being available, and it has some kind of influence in the future. I guess I even have some kind of concept in my head on how to do the same thing, but not as a secret level, but as a mission of a different story branch.

You are right, but this is not just having a secret level. This is choosing which maps you want to go first and this changes the playing: the heroes you can play with, their levels and items, the units you have access... This is Rexxar's campaign level.

Level 11
It's good if you are multimillion corporation which can allow itself to make a game where you can ignore some elements (play map A and ignore maps B and C), but we are talking about custom wc3 maps are made by people with a budget to equal 1.5 harburger per day.
I don't think someone would choose the system where you can select only one element ignoring other ones because it isn't worth it.
The thread author said about bonus mission because of enthusiasm. It's ok to promise mountains of possibilitie,s but at the end you will get only a mound of it.

Level 4

Sounds cool!

I agree with everything that you said about Legion lore. I don't like some ideas from WotLK and Catatclysm, but i like this expansions for other things. When Metzen leave Blizzard, in Legion i see what story developers work with lore very rough. Especially, i don't like what they do with Thoras and his son, because Blizzard need new Four Horsemen.

Offtopic

As i see, a lot of people here know, and love Warcraft lore. I need advice about campaign. Are people don't like maps, where author use information from one source(book, game, expansion, etc.), and don't use information from other source?
For example, campaign, where used some facts from Warcraft rpg(Warcraft rpg book series, some moments looks suitable for lore, but some not. All in Blizzard, exept Chris Metzen, say what officially this is non-canon), Also used some information about races of Azeroth from Warcraft Chronicles, but some moment like "pandacentric" background of Taurens and trolls is not used.

Last edited:
Level 8

''The first three missions must be completed in order, after which a series of events occur which enables the player to begin directing the order in which missions are played.'' - Liquipedia..​

Too Complicated.
It would need a great big trigger, and I can even make big bugs, like Ignoring a mission.
I do not want to risk this, but of course, if the player accomplish all side quests, he might get a bonus mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.