• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Call of Cthulhu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, it's been a while since I last considered a WarCraft III project, but I've been brainstorming an idea. I'm a big fan of the author H. P. Lovecraft and his mythos of monsters, cosmic horrors and gods. So, I thought to myself, why not make a map based off his mythos?

A group of cultists delve into the forbidden lore of the Necronomicon, learning of the Great Old Ones and how they once ruled Earth. Each cultist hungers for great power and the favour of the Great Old Ones, so they turn on one another, summoning eldritch horrors and terrible curses on one another. The game will be laced with Lovecraftian lore all over the place, making references to the Necronomicon, Cthulhu, the Outer Gods, and many other creatures, monstrosities and places from Lovecraft's works.

I picture it as either a multiplayer scenario where the cultists have to slaughter one another, or probably as a single player detective story, where the player must discover what the cultists are planning and stop them. The second idea appeals to me more because of the lack of people on WarCraft III, and because it would be a throwback to the classic point and click adventure games of old.

Your thoughts/opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.