• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Burning Sky: Co-terrain by FamousPker49 and frostwhisper

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
You know, it's surprising what a man's (my) laziness and another man's (his) vision can produce in a matter of a couple of hours.

It is with great pride that I present the first co-terrain production on the Hive:

FamouswhisperCoterrain.png

Credits to the piece go as follows:
frostwhisperForeground, island, shoreline, sex appeal.

FamousPker49Background, lighting, stars, idea.

Enjoy.

Level 5
Thats gotta be the best terrain that ive ever seen! + rep for the both of you

Level 36
Hm. The sky is very nice, but the white sun flare is kinda out of place. It should be dimmer and more burnt orange. I also must add that the environment is terrible compared to the lighting.

However I must say this is the best of both of your individual works, I think that doing co-terrains produces really good results. Everyone has their specialties, in this case it is Famous has great lighting and Frostwhisper's use of colors in terrains is brilliant. And they go well together.

(I want to do a co-terrain with mad :p)

Level 34
Void, I think they stole your lighting crown. That thing is epic. Although I have to say the terrain itself could be better I think. The trees in the background bother me.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Sorry to disappoint you but Gilles is absolutely right as always. He's such an amazing moderator isn't he? As I've stated in the credits the stars' credits go to Famous.

And it's not dawn, it's sunset.

Oh and I can't see what can possibly be bothering you people about the foreground. It's just grass, rocks and a tree. Nothing to bother anybody.

Level 7
Famous and frost I think you can really do better! :/
Although the lightning in the back is fine the terrain, camera angle and the starsky isn´t really well done.
Additionally the dark blue fog in the background doesn´t fit to the red lightning.

Don´t know why so many people call this is 'crazy' or 'freaky' - to be honest without lightning the screen would be very poor for you both.
You can really really do better together and I´m looking forward for the screen(s) which are showing your real skill and talent for terraining. :)

Level 25
Lots of sex appeal in this terrain for sure. :p

The lighting is amazingly well done and very realistic and cinematic at the same time, an awesome affect. Even the stars are awesome! Just about all of it is amazing, but I think the little island in the water should have more details to it. Grassy doodads, rocks, etc. I want more! A very awesome terrain though and very capable of winning a terrain contest at least in second place. :grin:

~Craka_J

Level 12
The lighting on the island is wrong. It's bright where it should be dark.

Also, it's so orange in the darkened mountain areas. It should be much darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.