• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The birth and life cycle of a n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Another allegorical fabrication.
The noob is a strange mutation of the human species, diverted off the strands of mankind that go into online communities, and what scientists believe is the larval stage of a professional.

PART I: Hatching
Most noobs begin their lives when they are persuaded or simply lured, either through peer pressure, friends, or advertising, into an online community, online gathering nexus, or whatnot to play, frolick, and have all sorts of fun. As they enter the world, they are greeted by what the shamanistic elders (pros) would say, are the "Gateways." The first one, n00b, is presented by a paper picture of a whore, which leads into a lava-filled, Satanic cave. The second, newb, has a stick of celery, unappealing, but leads them into a vast crystal archive. Those that enter the newb door lose their ability to talk to incoming noobs, and thus cannot tell them what to do.

PART II: Pupal Form and Metamorphosis
The two doors vastly contrast each other, and thus create completely different branches of the species omnipotus gamerus. The first, spawned by the door n00b, are completely imcompetent, selfish gamers which cannot think of what other people think about them, or even realize that simply taking someone else's idea will get them killed for it. Here is something anyone with a geometry (math class) education will understand
n00b: If you are a n00b, you can get banned
PROOF:
If you are a n00b, you might be a fag
If you are a fag, you will make crap
If you make crap, you piss people off
If you piss people off, you get warned
If you get warned, you might not listen
If you don't listen, you can get banned

newb: If you are a newb, you future is promising
If you are a newb, you make some mistakes
If you make some mistakes, you will be corrected
If you are corrected, you get better
If you get better, your future is promising.

Newbs, however, in the archives, learn to appreciate other people's work, look up to them in a good way, and try to be like them in their own creative, intelligent way. n00bs, on the other hand, see professional's work, that if they replicate it, good or bad, they can usurp some power and get those "goody-good-shoes newbs"

As the pupal stage continues, n00bs make petty efforts to usurp more power, at no avail. Newbs, however, being in the archives, have a hunger to learn more and to improve, either with a goal to outdo the professionals, or to outdo each other, resulting in friendly and playful competition. n00bs, try to flame each other and downvote good work to make themselves look better, then flame up each other because their sinister and unprepared plan did not work.
-IMPORTANT NOTE: Edited by oz02 for flaming content.

PART III: Hatching from the cocoon
When their petty play leaves them independent, in both branches, they are free, attempting to find what they can do the achieve their goals. The n00bs, try to usurp power, flame people, and spawn crap, redundant questions.

Newbs, ask constructive questions, sometimes even search through old threads, create new topics on them, and thus revive an old clan tradition, adding more to the rich culture of newbs, and thus creating a pathway to professional. Sadly, most of them simply become mediocre, but are creative and give great concepts. For example, about 30% of my rating goes to the concept, or idea of the piece, what was fabricated, and how useful it is.

n00bs, simply continue to flame people and continue to band up in gangs, attempt to attack a group of professionals, lose order, and collapse on each other, losing all hope of doing that again, usually resulting in warnings, warning bans, and perma-ban. Edited by oz02 for flaming content
Hey lets all downvote it!

PART IV: The path to professionalism
Some newbs, rise, with the help and aid of each other's unique skills acquired during the archive stage, give each other credit, and slowly rise to become skilled, and if great enough, the great Almighty God, Darky28, will grant them the power of Gods, known as moderatorus. This allows them the strike down the savage n00bs with their deleting ang locking powers, and help newbs reach power, but probably not to the point of moderatorus

PART V: What happens to the other ones?
Some people, do not take either path, but rather sift through the community, usually wearing the corpse of a dead member as a disguise, sifting answers out and using them for their own good. The greatest example is the Blizzardus Entertainmenti, which steals ideas, and claims the idiodic fact all our creations are theirs.

PART VI: Those that do not reach moderatorus
Those that do not, usually become lesser wanderers, usually being go-lucky helpers due to the lack of responsibility in the community. Sometimes, they ocassionally band up, usually in flaming and repelling a n00b(s) from reaching and attacking a shrine (topic) to death. These people worship the Almighty and his Followers, praying and offering to help them protect themselves and each other from the savages.

This concludes another electronic documentary, made by Eusira, inspired by educational television, insects, and of course, Hienle's speech about n00bs at www.order-fm.com

Level 25
I give this topic the....

seal.png

Level 3
SO your basicly saying new people who join and noobs who want to learn are stupid morons??your making fun of noobs who want to learn and people who have not been on the forum long (a bit like me)

P.S.and our creations are blizzards in a way.even if you made the model/skin/etc. who made the game?!?!THEY DID!!!!!!!!

Level 7
@Pins - Yep,

and as Metabee implies, a n00b can acknowledge all theese thruths, and yet still fail to comprehend his own situation and status, going strong in flaming away, using I.e. Eusira's statements as a background of justifying his delirious nature. It all goes down to interpretation/manipulation of the potential moderatus aka the newbs, whom everyone has an obligation to help "cough cough, help me, cough cough" - lets have an example; Superspider allready showed his creative manipulating and interpretating skills, when he stated that Eusira basicly quoted that new people who join and noobs who want to learn are stupid morons... Now, how I interpretate Eusira's fine text, is quite different, and I believe he meant that the definition of a noob, is a person who denies him or herself the opportunity to learn, through acts of hatefull and spitefull behaiviour towards experienced individuals with the capacity to help. (really, don't take this in any offensive Superspider; I'm sure you meant not to argue over petty stuff like who's personally a noob and whatnot, its just that your post somewhat fitted the description of what a noob would've said)[/u]

Level 7
@Superspider - No it does not - it insults insulting people and people who think they know what to do - the noobs! :roll: I don't find it particulary insulting against newbs...

Level 12
since when do you go into the military as a petty officer
You must work hard,
This isn't fun, this is warcraft!
Do you think i'm here cause i want to be here?

well yeah

On topic-
Most new people that come are noobs/ignorant when they come to see new art or learn new art

Obviously you are still ignarant if you:
1) cant tell the difference between Filters and free hand
2) dont care about shading
3) think burning involves a lighter and a blunt
4) cant tell the difference between a scratch model and a scratch model
5) think all animations should be blade masters
6) believe that CnP is hard work (either you don't know good techniques or you have no idea how to do skins any other way

Newbies seem to take critisism well and know when they are wrong. However do noot follow every suggestion, because this makes you a utopianist not an artist. Where you do drawings to the point where you no longer get criticism and no further

Ya thats bout it

Level 13
well....

if we say that ther is a difference beween a noob and a newb, i would say that this pertains to each as a catagory:
Noob: Doesnt want to admit theyre wrong at all, swears at great lengths, thinks theyre always right, are the most arrogant kind of people on the planet
Newb: Knows that they are new to something, and are generally respectful to veteran players/people. they want to learn, they admit they did something wrong, and are generally nice.

so they are basically opposites. in the great words of..... me, "meh"

Level 8
dude this is me.

CnP SUX (unless its like the naga faceless)

Show me a few skins and ill tell u witch has filter and the ones that dont.

Teh burning brush makes stuff DARKER.

I know im not a very good skinner but i still try to inprove.

I like to give people ideas and ways to make theyre skins a bit better.

I never said that all animations should be blade masters, In fact i hate blade masters animations.

I already know i suck and shading but i still try to inprove.

That one other thing u made makes no sence. U cant tell a scratch model apart from a scratch model. :lol:

That is me :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.