• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 Submission Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Boredom strikes, wars arise, and whatnot happens. So I decide to write a boring, possibly comedic essay on n00bs and linking it to submissions here

SUBMISSIONS
Generally, submissions onto this site usually are to let people share their work, get a couple friendly comments, learn how to correct a couple things, and to have people praise them for good work. However, they are much like the clergy of online society, and thus, where there are clergy, there are peasants. These are the so-called "spammers" and noobs, which, think that if they submit something valid onto this site, they will get friendly praise and comments. For example, they will draw up a blood mage skin in paint, and submit it to this site, and ignoring the fact that it utterly sucks through their incomprehensible "I made it" sense, which would uncannily resemble that of a spoiled brat. As they submit it, doubt sets in. This is quickly erased by the common phrase, "It's just my first skin :D ."

The clergy, outraged by this as if it was a peasant dressed as a wolf and eating all their animals raw, declare a sort of heresy, also known as flaming, which is like rallying an angry mob, storming the peasant's ghetto, cardboard box, or even pit, demand a reason, but finally find out that the peasant, actually being somewhat intelligent, fled the vicinity to steal another ghetto, cardboard box, or pit. This is also known as ignoring or forgetting to look over what people thought of your submission.

Sadly, there is enforcement by what are the royal guards (mods), and the king and queen (Darky and oz02). This usually results of a couple of the clergy being sent a royal charter and paying for the COD.

As the peasant reap the benefits of false satisfaction, the clergy hires mercenaries (complaints) to hunt those ignorant bastards down and kill them. A small percentage of these peasants give up hope, jump off a cliff and die (stop submitting crap and/or reform). However, the noobish instincts of these barbaric idiots usually pulls them, usually forcefully by their ignorant will, into making more things, and laughing about it.

Their big mistake is the lack of ability to comprehend why people are better than them. This is usually shrugged off when they remember that THEY made that item. The quote is from my previous signature, and helps you interpret this:
Commenter: DUDE! You already had this submitted! Why in God's name did you resubmit this!
noob: Well, you bitch who got raised by hobos, the mod took my skin for the Insomnia Graphics Paladin or Earth Fiend and deleted it, so I must rebless my fellow gamers with my goly power!
As you can see, these ignorant bastards simply try to clog out what they can with whatever fills his/her mind in an attempt to:
1: laugh like a retard and think it's funny
2: get false recognition
3: try to gain recognition by making it funny because all other ways are blocked by their ignorance, which utterly diminishes skill

As more people join the society, the clergy sets a good example for the newcoming settlers, and ironically, they usually misinterpret what is happening by these submissions and follow like a noob. Some, read the charters allowing them to settle here under conditions, while others, simply say, "HEY! I just joined here! Now, let's go make something as quick as possible and give it to the community! I'm sure we'll get some credit!

Tragically, most of these people are tried of heresey, and beneficially, without the light of a jury, and thus exterminate a couple and select few while the others ponder what happened to their partners in crime, fearing they have reformed.

If you people are wondering why I hate n00bs so much, this is basically what my general disposition towards them is, in allegorical and metaphoircal form

Level 11
"and the king and queen (Darky and oz02). "

Who's the king and who's the queen? :p Good job hating on noobs though. To be honest they really deserve it. The things they do and say makes me want to send the evil clowns after them. :twisted:

Level 16
Don't you mean Dictator and Grand Punisher? j/k
Anywhoo, thanks for the credit. I can make more things like that simply being 13 and reading persuasive media, and after following and using it in small school debates last year, have learned how to construct this in allegorical form

Level 22
You certainly have a creative mind. An entertaining read, to say the least.

ALthough you are correct at most of the key points, you also must consider the age group of many of the people here. No doubt a skin made by a 10 year old will likely yield the same results as an adult with a few years of photoshop experience, and are not aware of the fact that the more time you put into something, the better it will turn out.

I once lived by the phrase "As long as there are 10 minute people, there will always be 10 minute maps." That was the phrase back in my command & conquer days and it still applies here. People are so bent at just getting resourses in so they can make a name for themselves that they don't realize that quality is more important then quantity or feel that not having enouph time to create a time-intensive good piece of work is justifucation for mass producing small, easy works....does that make them noobs? Well, that depends on how you look at it I suppose, but I don't really think so. Take into account that the most highly regarded skinners on this site have very little stuff submitted... cuz they spend a lot of time one a single piece while others will spend a little time on many pieces. People just sometimes don't pay attention to what they do....and think 5 minutes of effort is worth rewards. Some people may have the potential, but not the patience to create high quality work, that's when you'll start seeing "bloody" units and sloppy recolors.

-VGsatomi

Level 16
I said:
I can make more things like that simply being 13 and reading persuasive media, and after following and using it in small school debates last year, have learned how to construct this in allegorical form
Well, the hatred is just because they act like retards and have had to deal with a really perverted one for 3 years where the teachers did nothing. Plus I had to deal with a spoiled brat for 5 straight days

Level 5
And people wonder why there is so much war and hate in the world..
One thing you forget here, is that humans are animals. I don't know if you've trained or raised any animals, but they all work in the same way: they are less aggressive and easier to deal with, if you instead of punishing their bad behaviour, encourage their good behaviour.

in other words, do not expect someone to be happy when you flame them for trying something, instead, help and you will get rewarded.
And the reward will be less noobs since you've teached them, and maybe some of them will go really far.
helping someone else get better than yourself, is the way of a true teacher.

Level 18
Thats like letting a dog bite someone and not hitting them for it,

when bad behavior goes unpunished the person who comitted the action is then free to beleive it is alright to do those actions,
on the other hand when something is done like a slap on the dogs nose for biteing or slapping it for crapping on the carpet.
When the dog thinks about doing this action again he also remembers the pain it brought about so he does not.

Level 5
if you hit a dog that bites you, then you are way wrong. never hit an animal, never!
I also thought that punishing was a good way of learning, but realised thanks to my cat, that animals just become more aggressive if you punish them. if you must punish them, do as their own kind would punish them. but that can be avoided.

and if you do that to a dog, you scare him. a scared dog is a dangerous dog that you can't trust. the same for people.
Fear has started much violence in this world. not religion, not nationality, not testosterone. just fear.

Level 11
Hhmm, interesting points, both with truth to them. While these things may work with lesser creatures such as dogs and cats, humans are much more complex. While bad behavior should be punished, and good behavior should be rewarded, there's a fine line in between the two that many people miss. For example, if someone submits their first skin and it's not that good, then they will pretty much get flamed as soon as someone sees it. While some may be encouraging to the new skinner, overall, most people are just plain mean. This scares away many potential skinners, which is a shame. Though in some cases, the newbs stay, trying to return the hatred dealt to them by being noobs. Noobs should all die, while newbs should be welcomed and encouraged. If people could be a little nicer, things could be much better, though such a thing is not possible, or so I believe. There's just too much hatred for such a thing to occur. A sad fact perhaps, but that's the way things are.

Level 16
Point set is, there are the ones willing to change, and the ones so idiotic no matter how much you try to help, and after frustration, flame them, they will not consider your ideas because of their naive point of the world which resembles, yet again, a spoiled brat, the main example, my little brother. When he's playing Gunbound, you come in, he misses, then starts swearing at you can tries to get you out as soon as possible. I plan to remark his gunbound folder as hidden then delete all his little shortcuts :twisted:

As for the animal parts, yes, we are all naive little bastards, the little flaw the almighty being of whatever religious, or atheist, beliefs we follow. I will hold my ground against those that cannot recognize and obey authority simply because they are so twisted by reverse psychology and spoiled by their raisers, that I simply will not tolerate those sick bastards and simply:
1: blackmail/humiliate them in some way
2: passively make them suffer i.e. tell them they can get free stuff by uninstalling all spyware programs, then go searching "free music" on google and clicking every link, thus infecting their computer with countless viruses and spyware
3: somehow, more or less, sadistaclly, usurp a little power and invest it in a cause benefiting the majority, while crushing their little brains.

It's not because I'm cruel or extremely incompetent, it's that some parts of my life have been scarred with the fact that I must take things in my own hands, being the higher authority does not observe my acts, and must do my best to take vengeance in the most legal way, usually through blackmail.

Level 18
If a dog is not hit or bitten for biteing it finds no flaw in doing the action again now on the other hand hitting an animal when it did nothing wrong creates the evil animal, you dont understand and raising something that does not fear being punished will cause many problems, religion and greed stops it.

Fear is used to control the people into doing as the Fear "giver" is in total control, religous leaders and kings.

As in the case of noobs, if they are not beat down for makeing a crappy post then they will do it again and again and again this is not true in all cases but in most it is.

wait! you forgot the other stupid excuse noobs use- " hey dood im just 12, or 13 or w/e"
i agree with that "its just my first skin" crap. if its your first skin then at least take the time to make it look good!

and do you really envy me for my posts? or are you just mocking me?
btw i have only 4 times as many posts and 1.2 times comments so you better update that. :p

Level 13
you forgot the: "dont tell me that. i know what im doing. !MEEP! 'Nuclear Launch detected.' hehehe. i OWN at Anoder d! !BOOM! 'Major Noob has left the game for nuking himself'"

lol
all my posts are in the battle thred

Level 5
sadly, you have given after for the hate and the easier way. of course it's easier to hate, and being cruel. of course it's easier to punish than reward.
but just so you know.. there are people like me. that know that we can live in harmony with all others.
I have also being treated badly by persons that thought that punishment was the good way. the only thing that came out of that, was a nervous breakdown and eating medication for surviving the day.

you must understand, that punishment is the last option. the rewarding must come before that. it's the same with noobs, with prisoners, with animals. if you reward the good things they do, instead of just punishing them for the bad, they will change to the better.

and no, I'm not being naive. I've seen it work so many times. and I still belive, that if you just stop flaming and commenting bad on the noobs, they will change.
come on! do you really belive that someone will scream stuff att you and come with excuses for them being just 13-14 if you say "you could do that better, but that is good, just read this to understand that, maybe use that instead. just keep working"
if you do that, you are the naive ones.

hitting animals is always wrong. it creates an unstable animal, that fears too much. you should be the animals leader, someone they find security in, not someone that hits them if they pee on the carpet. when animals did that to me, I just showed them where they should pee instead, encouraged them for being interested. when animals have bitten me, I have let them bite, done some moves that shows them I don't tolerate that they bite me, and once, I bit a horse back since she didn't listen to my body-language.

I hope that you actually listen and treat people and animals better. they deserve it.

Level 16
Agreed, but would you have any other choice but to kill a deranged maniac who is wearing shrapnel false teeth biting people because his teacher sarcastically said, "Ooh, you really look like a werewolf" with a shotgun?

Afro-I seriously envy wormskull for having about 4x my comments and about twice as many posts. I want the recognition of many post/comments, but without the spam. It's quite hard to be a good member of online society without flaming someone here and there simply because THEY CANNOT CHANGE.

Also, for some very strange reason, people think it will turn out for them because they are they and that some people couldn't care less about them. Take those punk retards you knew in middle school obsessed about things like drugs, sex, etc. You will usually think, "damn... they're gonna be big stupid bums when they grow up..." and that's usually true, in some ways, at least. Because, you can safely generalize their behavior if:
-They're spoiled and don't KNOW how to behave
-They are socially dysfunctional
-They are like the people who want attention, but don't know how to make friends, and be their instinctal selves, jealously, wrong role models, and all sorts of stupid things

Sure Afro I'll change it

Level 18
Tari this is where we do not see eye to eye,

Its like the hot pot, you grab it, it hurts your hand, you dont grab it again because it hurt

I am for praising good actions,
But I am for punishing bad actions,

The first sence remembered is pain, in the days teachers slapped knuckles with rulers problems occured much less, when spanking was not bad, kids were not as spoiled.

Im not talking about beating the crap out of someone/something for no reason, im talking about doing something to make them remember and jolt them to attention.

You slap and show them not just show them because by just showing them the noobs will get halfway to the door and then crap on the carpet.

On the other hand if they are smacked a little and showed they will sit by the door untill let out or impossible to hold anylonger.

I have never had a problem with an animal and I have raised many, they were never nonfrienfly to people and never bit jumped, or growled at people the key is to reward positive behavior and punish bad behavior if an action gos un punished or just a stern bodyposture, they lose fear of you and no longer fear to do the action.

Its like this.

Dog x bites his masters hand is just yelled at.
Dog y bites his masters hand is yelled at and slapped on the nose. (not kicked across the room or anything.)

Dog x not getting his way bites your hand again. (BAD THING)
Dog y not getting its way decides rather than barking and being slapped on the nose realises that he best not. (good thing)

Now say the dogs are treated like humans.

Dog x will again bute the hand.
Dog y will not bite your hand but will be mean to others, who dog y thinks is lower ranking them himself.

You must remember that most animals view themselves in ranks, its owner must be the alpha male or top ranked of the group, but the dog must also beleive it is on the lower end so as not to growl at guests.

Without showing the dog you are the leader it soon will think that it can do whatever it wants and only be looked at, causing the dog to attack (contesting for your rank) or submitting.

Now to the point,

Noob x and noob y: post a resource of = crappy quality

Noob x is punished(flamed)and told what to do next time.

Noob Y is not punished and only told what he could have done.

Noob x thinks again before posting.
his choices
1. posts again and be flamed.
2. Improve his/her resource as he was told hopeing not to be flamed this time.
3. never posts again.

Noob y thinks again before posting,
his choices.
1. post same quality crap again, no one yelled at him they must like it.
2. post same quality again, (the person telling me what to do was a noob.)
3. flames the person who tells them what to do.

but then again another case arises a crappy resource is praised by atleast one person, the noob author now thinks that people love his/her work and he/she should produce 1000 more of = or worse quality as fast as he/she can.

So without strict punishment no changes will be made they simply will flame the more common members makeing it a worse place fore people who understand the rules.

this is genral.

I am not being cruel or hateful i am being strict,

It is how i would want others to treat me, If certain actions go unpunished then spoiled people will win.

hitting animals is only wrong when they are hit hard and or when they did not do something that is deserveing of the punishment.

Im guessing your also against spanking and other forms of punishment.

Notice punishment that causes some pain is not cruel or hatefull its simply the strongest way to connect an action to being wrong to do in your mind.

Its like the hot pot, you grab it hurts your hand, you dont grab it again because it hurt

Oh and if read this entire post without going insane or being able to understand it then your one to be praised.

Level 5
Yes, I don't belive in spanking or other forms of fysical punishment, I know that if you're not prepared, if someone hits you and you're not aware of it, you will feel it much harder, and it will get you stressed. If you get stressed, you will sooner or later be afraid and do actions you can't stand for.
The only punishment I belive in, is talking and understanding. The friendly way.

This may sound stupid, but I learned this from the birds I've had, from wild ducks and tamed horses and abused cats. I've only failed once with an animal, when I was younger. I still grieve that cat, even though she was aggressive and dangerous.
That cat had been raised by my sister, that belives in punishment. Once, the cat peed on the floor. My sister grabbed her and pushed down her nose where she had peed, yelled at her. Of course, the cat didn't do that again, but she became afraid and aggressive. She would attack people without reason after that. She had to be put away.
Now my sister has a new cat.. and does the same thing. And sadly, that cat is just the same.

The same thing with my rat. He had been punished by just a light slap on the nose. He started to bite people, they slapped him, he continued to bite people since he became more afraid.. what did I do? I put my hand into his cage, took him in my hand, and let him bite. I talked to him, created a stable surrounding without hitting.. after a couple of months, he stopped biting people and was on his way on becoming a friendly, happy rat.. sadly he had to be put away because of cancer.
I wouldn't call punishment a good way, just the easier and shorter way.

And I know that animals see themselves in ranks, and yes, they don't see me as a leader either. What do they see me as? One that is on the same level as them. Some people will find that dangerous around animals. I don't. Sure, they can sometimes try to become leaders, but that doesn't happen often and it's easy to show them that you don't accept that without being violent.

My parents have never punished me for anything. They just told me what the rules was, rewarded me for the good things I did, and didn't flame me about the bad things I did. instead, they told me what would have been better, and comforted me.
Adults.. or well, adults older than me, have always said how good raised I am. I'm not spoiled, I do my work around the house, still, I don't get punished.

But I understand that you have your view of raising strict, and I respect your opinion. I have found a way that I think works better, but maybe your way works better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.