• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Best Custom Maps? What inspired you to work with WE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I think these following maps were golden and i wish somebody could make equal good maps:

RPG:
Legacies: Tides of Serpents
Probly the first rpg i ever played. Alltought its very old i think many new rpgs could learn from this one.
+ rpg wiev, unique items, everything pretty good
- kinda short, not too many monsters to kill
enjoyment 10/10

Final fantasy forever
The best rpg i ever played
+ battle system like in real ff games, unique party system, ff musics, overally cant remember anything i hate about this map
- sequel never game, story is still left open
enjoyment 10/10

AOS:
Aeon of six gods:
Probly first AOS map i every played
+ omg evolutions, you can gain power to destroy 100units in seconds, very fast leveling(no boring moments).
- This map had tons of potential, but it didnt get too many new versions
enjoyment 9/10

DOTA:
Eventought some might hate this, it still is elite of customs maps.
+ tons of items and heroes that can be used in many differend ways, many differend game modes, nice terrain.
- leavers, feeders, probly gets boring if you play it for 20h in a row.
enjoyment 6-10/10

OTHER:
Sheep tag:
The best tag ever made! i wonder why this is pretty much dead and replaced with vampire tags, tree tags and that kind of shit
+ sheeps vs. wolves very innoative.
- you dont see this anymore :<.
enjoyment 9/10

Wintermaulwars/line tower wars/hero line tower wars:
These maps are really great and fun, but its hard to find decent allies/enemies to make the games challenging
Enjoyment 6-10/10

Dbz tribute ultra:
Was good map at somepoint, but got fucked up by uptades.
enjoyment 9/10 -> 2/10

Binders:
This map was very unique and got some space among the other custom maps, but i quess it got boring
+ create monster that you like
- waiting for people to create monster that they like
enjoyment 9/10

Thats the best maps i can think for now...Those maps really rocked and some still do.
BTW: hive should make gategories for good maps so people could find them (just reminding)

Level 10
Island Troll Tribes.

I just love every aspect about it, it's challenging without being too hard, and the mode-range makes it even more customizable to be either newb or pro friendly. Only problem is, most people sit around the base making their uberleethaxx0rz Steel Axes and the enemies come, having already subbed, and totally annihilate the main base, leaving everyone going "WTF OMFG [enemy class] IS SO RIGED IM OUT NUBZ".
Some things may need a bit of balance work, but it's still very awsome. Has a distinct lack of crocodiles, though...

Alligator-Man doesn't count.

Level 5
hey did anyone ever play tank commanders??? now that was a good map...it used attachable weapons way before battleships.
Didn't you also have to set your height for your cannon? And press "Shoot" to shoot? That was a bad ass game. Think I still have a version of it =o

I personally liked Zergling Blood, Golem Wars (Both from starcraft), then Footmen Frenzy. Loved it. (Which inspired me to do my map, Zergling Frenzy =o)

Also, I loved the Ice Troll Tribes. I was always the person who stayed at base keeping tabs on things, and as well as organizing everything. Putting all the skins here, all the bones there, etc.

Oh, and I loved the balanced hero line wars. As well as the custom hero arenas. I would have a massive meat crypt lord that could take all the damage, and then deal it back to them. =D (Slow tho =x)

I also played some nice Angel Arena's back a year or two ago. And I was totally hooked on Kodo Tag for a good 2 months+.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
All of you missed out the really good maps that you have not played WC3 if you do not play.

Genisis of Empires II
+ I challenge you to make less buggy and better systems than it has.
+ Full screen multiboard with advanced selection system.
+ Simple and easy to use
- No AI
- Slow game pace
- Luck dependant

Heroes and Empires I or II
+ Choice, unmatchable Choice
+ combines a RPG with a RTS
+ Difficulties for noobs and pros
- Harder difficulties become insane
- Final boss abilites lack style
- The II series was / will never be finished.

EotA
+ Most complex dota
+ Uses jass to a great amount
+ Advanced upgrade system
- unballenced
- Average Bnet player can not process more than 3 points of data at once
- Discontinued and lags

Comments
Island troll tribes I hated, the mindless killing of animals just to kill other trolls is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.