• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I don't know which map to work on...

What map to focus...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I'm kinda bummed by the fact that I get so onto map making in one day then the other day I'd be demotivated.

The results of ultra super inspirations are 7 maps. 7 unfinished maps which all have potential to be released.

The problem is... I have no motivation mainly because I have no real target.

I can map make. But I don't know which one to make...

I've always wished for any of my maps to be recognized and hosted on Battle.Net

But which has real potential?

Is it...

Decode & Destroy

An open-themed map where players have to type out lots of words. Bonuses, levels, and changes are expected... But is this a good idea overall? Would you like to host a typing game?

Galactic Conquest

My first map to ever be released to the public. As said by many others, it has real potential. I could work on this, but is it worth it... Is a space game something worth for multiplayer? I've got some new changes including heroes and more than just a 3R game. (Wiki that term)

Tropic Thunder

My "Crysis" kind of map. Very impressive but also very simple. I know a lot of players like simple but cool games. But, is this concept good for multiplayer? Or is it just gonna die out in a few days?

Phage Wars

Inspired by this, I plan to make it similar yet more simplistic on graphics but funner on game play (especially the fact that I'm turning a single player game to a multi player) This game is really cool in terms of strategy. I like it. Simple strategy. But, I am puzzled on how to create the battlefield. Therefore I got bored of it. Should I come back and establish a good battlefield idea?

The Predator (No link)

A cinematic similar to Tropic Thunder's setting. Only there's an alien in the woods and it ends up killing most of them. The effects are cool and you'd enjoy the looks. But, lacks humor, voice, and a straight story line. I could spend my time on this... But is it worth it?

Resistance Outbreak (No link)

My Resistance: Fall of Man inspired game. It's really a new kind of risk. Takes place in America and is heavily based on defending or attacking America. The attackers have the upper strength but they don't start out good. The defenders are weak but plenty. They will have to set up defenses against the threat. This game will have simple unit types. I have no real motivation on this game, but a simple go for it on this game will get me motivated. Should I make this?

Land of Legends

They said I have a knack for making custom spells and ideas. All I really need to do now is more heroes (which I'd love to do, no more constraint on one theme, I could stretch it and have more ideas if I do). But, if I ever do want to publish this game, I'd have to fix the imbalances in the game. And add items. But one factor that I know will hinder my map amongst the rest is there are SO many AOS maps already. What makes mine any better? That's why I don't have any motivation for this game.

There's also one option I am happily going to accept.

It's the
giveup.jpg

decision.

I'm so crazy for not finishing anything :-|

Level 14
Lol, you're making mapping seem like a job. If you don't want to work on it just don't work on it. It's a hobby, not a job which is why only you know what's right.

Furthermore, even if a lot of people vote here chances are high that won't change your opinion. Just do what you want to do. If you don't want to map don't. Take a few weeks off of the WE and see if you get some motivation. Trust me, taking a break does help and the longer the break the better.

Also, even if your map gets hosted chances are pretty high they won't even know who you are.

Level 17
Also, even if your map gets hosted chances are pretty high they won't even know who you are.

I never said I wanted to get famous.

I just want it hosted so I can play with it.

Play with my own creation with other players...

If only I could HOST...

And I know that map making isn't a job... But I've always wanted to make games of my own. And this is the only way to do it.

Level 1
Relax. It happens in our life that we get depressed that we are not doing anything to its completion. Just relax. Only after that you will be able to do anything properly. And ...(things CMarket already said).

Level 14
I pretty much knew this was going to happen. No matter what the others thought you would still do what you want in the end.

Next time don't be so insecure and do what you want to do instead of asking people what you should do. Only you can decide what you want.

Level 10
Omg, I feel the same. At the moment I am working on a single map and most people give it real good feedback, love it, etc, but I just lack the motivation to finish it. It's just like I can't get myself to work on it...I used to get more work done in a day, when I was motivated, than in a month now that I am not.

And the thing is, when you put that much work into a map and lose motivation you just don't want to leave your map hanging there knowing it could have become something awesome....

Level 6
dang it my vote went to the wrong thing ment for it to go into relax...
my advice is to relax for a while not give up on your maps but relax for a while not just a week but like a month, dont worry about the maps, then after a month you will have motivation again... worked for me at least

Status
Not open for further replies.