• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here's a littl beach with a ship at the time of sundown :wink:

I know i must work more on it! But i dont know what i shall do... Please give comments to help me .

Attachments

• ShipAtDawn.jpg
    ShipAtDawn.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 556
Level 10
TheDancer has right. I know all the theory to make terrains, I just don't have fantasy.
That's a pretty simple terrain, I know how you feel right now. You've learned a nice hobby, you like rep and to show your work around. But slow on! Making not detailed terrains, with no fog or with limits of the map seeable (if this is the right spelling) won't make your terrains better neither your rep.

This is meant to be constructive and not flaming. Hope it helped you. I've seen your terrains and some of them looked nice.
Take a look at mine (the first) "Elven Forests" and feel free to comment. Thank you.

Level 10
Yeah, Kinda =D Can you help me by telling me what i can do to improve it?

First of all you must add details, and by details I don't say spamming woods or things randomly. Place some rock, corals, you could also download some better ship model.
Second, you should choose a better camera angle and make the limits not seeable (2nd time, if this is the right spelling :smile:).
And fog. Fog makes everything looks good. You should take a look at the tuts section, there are some of them (if not all of them) which are great to begin. Don't forget lightning!
Good luck :wink:.

Level 11
I have to agree with Mr.100, that lightning looks terrible, also, you can see the end of the world in the picture.
Adding some fog would also help make it a bit better, and imo the sky doesn't fit the picture, perhaps the foggy sky would make it look better.

It's decent,but has a lot of room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.