• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Barren Sundown

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Barren Sundown
Here's a little piece I did to practice lighting techniques.
Nothing major, just something I did out of boredom.
I meant for it to look like a concept scren, possibly for an orc campaign or something. Anyways, tell me what you think about the lighting :smile:

Attachments

• Water Reflections - Final Picture.jpg
    Water Reflections - Final Picture.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 369

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
no, actually, they're just flies, it's just the horrid blizzard model lol :D

anyway, I really like the terrain, keep up the good work :D
Thanks, and yeah perhaps I should skip the flies... They do look horrible :wink:
Cool! i like it ;) You could change the pillar in the right bottom corner, it doesn't look too barren, replace it with a barren-like pillar!
Oh, and i don't like the water lily's, it shouldn't be in a barren lake, only in jungle rivers.
Thanks for the feedback, when I think about it both the pillar and the lily's are out of place. I'll replace them with something else :smile:

Level 6
Nice waterreflections, looks like alpha tileset !?!? And where the hell do I get it, I´ve been searching for a while.
Only thing I would change are the Palms, they look more Tropical than Barren to me. Maybe another tint gives them the right touch.

Level 13
Great tutorial, awesome terrain! Maybe a bit too shiny, but what the hell.
Keep up the grrrrreeat work!

Level 6
How did you do that shiny water? Is it a doodad? or its just an effect by the tutorial you gave us?

Status
Not open for further replies.