• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lush Jungley Area- Playable Shizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been working on an RPG during the winter break, I'll see if it turns out like anything. Now, it's supposed to be viewed from top-down and filled with creeps and stuff like that so it might look a bit empty. You'll never get to see the sky in-game so just try to ignore it. :p May I add this is all WIP.

teh Camp
Nothing to see here, move on. Sidenote: I'm not sure I'm going to keep that gangster fellow seeing as his animations are horrible.
rpg1.jpg

teh Puddle/Lake
A small lakey kind of thing in the forest.
rpg2.jpg

teh Forest
Just a forest scene to get you a general idea of what it looks like.
rpg4.jpg

Forest/Beach
Where forestjungle turns to beach.
rpg5.jpg

teh MurlocTown
A murloc town on the beach, they and the camp in the jungle is in some kind of struggle. This is going to be filled with murlocs.
rpg3.jpg

teh Beach
General view of the beach, will too crawl with murlocs.
rpg6.jpg

Level 34
Maybe get a couple in-game shots along with the more "artistic shots".

I dislike the greeness. I suggest trying to change the fog to a different color. One that still suits, but doesn't over do the green. Maybe light yellow?

Not very empty IMO. It's fine.

Level 8
That's about as dense, or thick, it can get with the style I've chosen Oziris. I agree, the fog looks pretty damn fugly on them shots and does not mix well with the sky but as as I've said you're never going to see the sky in-game. I used the green to make it seem denser than it actually it, but I suppose I could change the colour.
Hey, I just got an idea. How would yellow at day, black at night and dark green in the morning/dusk work?

Level 36
It's okay, definitely better than the terrains of other RPGs out there, but as a terrain in itself I don't really like it.
Some stuff you could do to improve it:
- Lower the rocks so that the stupid 2d pebbles don't show, they look bad.
- Lower the trees because they're floating a tiny bit.
- Import one or two custom tree models because of all the bad-looking trees of WC3 the sunken ruins one is the worst, imo.
- Green fog = yuck... Make it some kind of turquoise or gray, add some blue at least.

Level 8
Very very nice for playable.

Just make sure to fix that green fog and put some more doodads on teh beach.
What kind of doodads do you mean good sir?

I don't think black fog would look very good at night i've never seen black fog before, except for smoke. A white fog would look nice at night.
A white fog doesn't really make it nighty. The dark fog is to darkify the whole map even more than the lightning does.

It's okay, definitely better than the terrains of other RPGs out there, but as a terrain in itself I don't really like it.
Some stuff you could do to improve it:
- Lower the rocks so that the stupid 2d pebbles don't show, they look bad.
- Lower the trees because they're floating a tiny bit.
- Import one or two custom tree models because of all the bad-looking trees of WC3 the sunken ruins one is the worst, imo.
- Green fog = yuck... Make it some kind of turquoise or gray, add some blue at least.
1, I don't feel like lowering 2K rocks right now.
2, You definatly won't notice in-game, all trees are covered in rocks and shrubbery.
3, See them willows? I also imported two ashenvale textured trees. All the trees look good to me and stays.
4, Turquoise would look good, but it's kind of overused. I'll see what I can do.

Level 8
To lower 2K rocks, just use "select all - special"...

The screens themselves look too green and there's too much contrast with the blue sky...
Also try to make it more dense on some points...
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to point this out: You won't ever see the sky in-game. And I've changed it to fogged anyway.
It can't get much denser than it is because I want the path to be visable.
Select all special? Never actually heard of that, and I cba to open WE at this point. Is it WEU or have I just missed it?

Level 8
I like it. It's well good enought for playable terrain. You should lower all the rocks though. The style reminds me of our never finished cinematic project. :xxd:
I'll lower all the rocks later on, or some will be underground. And yeah, sort of reminds me of Dinomap too. We should really release it in whatever state it's in.

Level 21
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to point this out: You won't ever see the sky in-game.

Exactly, so why do you still use a crappy one as a showcase? :)

It can't get much denser than it is because I want the path to be visable.
mkay...

Select all special? Never actually heard of that, and I cba to open WE at this point. Is it WEU or have I just missed it?

It's in normal TFT WE (not sure about Roc, possibly there as well). Select a rock, then go to edit and press "select all - special".

Status
Not open for further replies.